Oppenheimer (starring Cillian Murphy, written/directed by Christopher Nolan) - update (11/29): the "Oppenheimer 4K UHD Physical Media Shortage Crisis" is over!

Brian

1 minute ago, johnny said:

i think the other way is better. 3 hour movie and then another movie???flip that around 

We're not doing it on the same day. :p

But we'd still rather get the darker film out of the way, especially if we see another movie the day after.

RT_TwitterCard_2018.jpg
WWW.ROTTENTOMATOES.COM

Physicist J. Robert Oppenheimer works with a team of scientists to develop the atomic bomb.

73587e74bbb5f9216b32731015184561-250h.jp
WWW.METACRITIC.COM

Oppenheimer movie reviews & Metacritic score: The story of American scientist J. Robert Oppenheimer and his role in the development of the atomic bomb....

Reviews as of this post aren't logged onto there, but they're posting as we speak:

oppenheimer-4.jpg?format=jpg&quality=80&
WWW.EMPIREONLINE.COM

Cillian Murphy stars in Christopher Nolan's explosive thriller. Read Empire's review.

Screen-Shot-2023-05-08-at-7.23.18-AM-2.p
WWW.HOLLYWOODREPORTER.COM

Writer-director Paul Schrader offers some strong praise for Christopher Nolan's science epic.

oppenheimerpushingthebuttonfeaturette-ig
WWW.IGN.COM

A full-tilt biopic unlike any before it, Christopher Nolan’s Oppenheimer is as stunning as it is terrifying.

3074.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Christopher Nolan’s account of the physicist who led the Manhattan Project captures the most agonising of success stories

Oppenheimer.jpeg
WWW.DEXERTO.COM

Review of Oppenheimer, Christopher Nolan's new movie which stars Cillian Murphy as the so-called father of the atomic bomb.

h8B7PgMGSxP6yQxCbgVhjL-1200-80.jpg
WWW.CINEMABLEND.COM

Another winning biopic turns textbook history into one of this year's best films.

Oppenheimer-Movie-4.jpg?w=1000&h=562&cro
VARIETY.COM

Cillian Murphy is phenomenal as J. Robert Oppenheimer in a film that's ruthlessly authentic and, for much of its three hours, gripping.

4167360-oppenheimer.jpeg
WWW.GAMESPOT.COM

Despite the complexity of its structure, Oppenheimer never feels overwhelming, and Christopher Nolan managed to make exactly the movie he set out to make.

oppenheimer-cillian.webp?w=650
WWW.INDIEWIRE.COM

"Oppenheimer" feels like the movie that Christopher Nolan has been working towards his entire life, which makes its defects all the more frustrating.

Oppenheimer-Cillian-Murphy-Los-Alamos.jp
DISCUSSINGFILM.NET

Oppenheimer may be Christopher Nolan's finest work yet with Cillian Murphy and Robert Downey Jr. giving new career-best performances.

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.vox-cdn.com%2Fthu
CHICAGO.SUNTIMES.COM

Christopher Nolan’s historical biopic of the complex scientist is the best movie of the year so far.

Cillian-Murphy-oppenheimer-trailer.jpg?w
DEADLINE.COM

A Review of Christopher Nolan's new film 'Oppenheimer' , the story of the man who fathered the Atomic Bomb. Cillian Murphy leads an all star cast

oppenheimer-cillian-murphy.jpg?width=120
COMICBOOK.COM

Christopher Nolan's Oppenheimer is a gripping and unflinching look at J. Robert Oppenheimer [...]

"Trades the spectacle of Nolan's previous films for a stellar cast that turns the thrills inwards, making for what is arguably the most important film of his career."

1 minute ago, 5timechamp said:

At most Im curious to see where the story ends, where it cuts off and/or if it shows the characters reaction on the weapons actual usage….

The story goes beyond the Trinity Project and into the Cold War/Red Scare events that led to the revocation of his security clearance in 1954.

In roughly just over 12 hours I'll be at The Little Theater in Rochester with some friends seeing this in 35mm. Gonna be a great goddamn day.

6 hours ago, johnny said:

hate to break it to you folks but you do not get to see cillian murphy’s dick. just florence pugh’s boobs. 

aside from not getting any dong, it was a great movie 

Too bad I'll be distracted by that god awful nose ring.

What a picture! I’ll never settle for a boring biopic again. This thing is electric. Three hours long but never loses steam. I’ve heard some people say it loses energy in the third hour, but I’m a dummy who doesn’t know my history, so after

Spoiler

The bombs drop

I had no idea what happened to any of these characters. I was still riveted. 

• Like 1

7c67efa0be84d6d1b22ea3a1c2e04f9a
FINANCE.YAHOO.COM

Cillian Murphy’s co-star Emily Blunt has revealed that he only ate an “almond a day” to transform into J Robert Oppenheimer for Christopher Nolan’s newest blockbuster. The 40-year-old actress, who plays the Irish actor’s on-screen wife in Oppenheimer, said Murphy, 47, became “so emaciated” as he physically transformed into the father of the atomic bomb.

6 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Ordered my tickets for tomorrow in IMAX. Freaking $42 for two. This is why I don’t go to the theater often. But I really wanna see this. I don’t remember when we last saw something in the theater that wasn’t a comic book adaptation. 

how much are non-imax tickets though? 

i had to pay 25 for my imax ticket but i can grab a matinee non-imax for about 10 

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:
7c67efa0be84d6d1b22ea3a1c2e04f9a
FINANCE.YAHOO.COM

Cillian Murphy’s co-star Emily Blunt has revealed that he only ate an “almond a day” to transform into J Robert Oppenheimer for Christopher Nolan’s newest blockbuster. The 40-year-old actress, who plays the Irish actor’s on-screen wife in Oppenheimer, said Murphy, 47, became “so...

Well shit I’ll start eating an almond a day to transform into Oppenheimer too

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Didn't Christian Bale eat like an apple a day for The Machinist? I don't think it's too far fetched. Heck Best is surviving by just drinking milk every day.

An apple and a yogurt I believe, but he was also supremely thin; Murphy didn't have to get that thin. A single almond only has 7 calories. That's not enough to sustain an adult man before dying of starvation. Maybe he did it for a few days in a row to quickly lose weight, but no way he did it for a long time.