Saints Row (PlayStation/Xbox/PC - EGS) - Information Thread, update: significant update on May 9 will overhaul practically every aspect of the game

Commissar SFLUFAN

1 hour ago, stepee said:

lol yeah and I acknowledged it here and STILL haven’t answered the txt!!!!

Are you skipping out on this? I was really looking forward to a sandbox GTA clone but it must be dog shit. I know you find ways to enjoy any game so that's why I'm asking. 

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Whoa, whoa. Easy Allies is enjoying this and they said they're very positive about it. :thinking:

I'm not surprised. nothing about those reviews I skimmed gave me pause except for the bugs. I wasn't expecting this game to reinvent the wheel and most of those review sites in this post came from sites I never heard of and don't give a shit about... not that I care about reviews either way. I'll be playing when the game unlocks tonight. In the mood for some open world crazziness. And since when is a 7/10 "Dogshit"? I don't get gamers for real.

• Halal 1

14 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm not surprised. nothing about those reviews I skimmed gave me pause except for the bugs. I wasn't expecting this game to reinvent the wheel and most of those review sites in this post came from sites I never heard of and don't give a shit about... not that I care about reviews either way. I'll be playing when the game unlocks tonight. In the mood for some open world crazziness. And since when is a 7/10 "Dogshit"? I don't get gamers for real.

Well I guess I shouldn't have said dog shit but an average of 65 isn't too hot. I think I might pull the trigger as well. Easy Allies is my go to for impressions and reviews. 

@Mr.Vic20 if you wouldn'wouldn't I'd like for this to be the game I get. :batting:

I'm assuming they're pretty identical on the XSX and PS5? 

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Are you skipping out on this? I was really looking forward to a sandbox GTA clone but it must be dog shit. I know you find ways to enjoy any game so that's why I'm asking. 

I’m pretty torn on it. I’m a guy who bought Balan Wonderworld and have been enjoying that off and on, so yeah I’ll play whatever, but the reviews for this being sooo low kinda tempered my expectations further and make me hesitant to go full price. I’ll probably wait until I hear what guys like skillz and phase think as they tend to like some of the lower rated stuff I like too.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Well I guess I shouldn't have said dog shit but an average of 65 isn't too hot. I think I might pull the trigger as well. Easy Allies is my go to for impressions and reviews. 

@Mr.Vic20 if you wouldn'wouldn't I'd like for this to be the game I get. :batting:

Pretty identical, but it’s a game that needs vrr and I believe vrr has a lower range on XsX so I’d pick that for this one.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, best3444 said:

It will be so! I’ll shoot you a PM tomorrow!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

nothing about those reviews I skimmed gave me pause except for the bugs. I wasn't expecting this game to reinvent the wheel and most of those review sites in this post came from sites I never heard of and don't give a shit about... not that I care about reviews either way.

Yeah, most of the negative reviews for the game seem to complain about it feeling like an older game (which I personally think could be a positive) and its bugs. Some complain about the story and characters as well, but I think that I’m going to find them entertaining. I don’t really care about reviews either, I rarely agree with a lot of critics. They often dislike games that I like, and gush over ones that I don’t. I could end up not liking this game, but based on everything that I’ve seen of it I think that I’m going to dig it. We’ll find out tomorrow.

50 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’m pretty torn on it. I’m a guy who bought Balan Wonderworld and have been enjoying that off and on, so yeah I’ll play whatever, but the reviews for this being sooo low kinda tempered my expectations further and make me hesitant to go full price. I’ll probably wait until I hear what guys like skillz and phase think as they tend to like some of the lower rated stuff I like too.

I’m buying a physical copy tomorrow morning, and will start playing it as soon as I get home with it. I’ll post early impressions of it after I’ve played it a bit, and continue to do so throughout the day as I plan on playing it most of the day.

• Thanks 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Saints Row (PlayStation consoles/Xbox consoles/PC (EGS) - 23 August 2022) - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted
10 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

Yeah, most of the negative reviews for the game seem to complain about it feeling like an older game (which I personally think could be a positive) and its bugs. Some complain about the story and characters as well, but I think that I’m going to find them entertaining. I don’t really care about reviews either, I rarely agree with a lot of critics. They often dislike games that I like, and gush over ones that I don’t. I could end up not liking this game, but based on everything that I’ve seen of it I think that I’m going to dig it. We’ll find out tomorrow.

I’m buying a physical copy tomorrow morning, and will start playing it as soon as I get home with it. I’ll post early impressions of it after I’ve played it a bit, and continue to do so throughout the day as I plan on playing it most of the day.

I look forward to your impressions. Thanks for doing that.

19 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

The reviews are pretty much what I was expecting, I have a feeling that I’m going to agree with the positive ones more than with the negative ones because the negative ones seem to be complaining a lot about the game feeling archaic/dated and having a lot of bugs neither of which I expect to bother me that much. In fact, feeling like an older game is probably a positive in this case because I like the older Saints Row games more than the newer ones. Of course I don’t like bugs, but I know that they’re to be expected in games at launch especially open world ones. As long as none of them are game breaking, they shouldn’t affect my overall enjoyment of the game too much.

I just bought Agents of Mayhem again digitally because it was on sale for $3, and I figured for that price I would give it another chance. I played a little of it, and I was enjoying it more than I did back when I originally played it. The art design and graphics are quite good, and it plays fairly solid. I’m still not a big fan of its repetitive wave shooter design formula, but I don’t think that I’m going to find it to be as much of a turnoff now as I did before.

You didn't read the reviews, did you?

It's not like the original SR's at all. The game is being described as a "broken mess", not a dated experience with bugs. 

One reviewer talked about how they fired up the earlier games to see if they misremembered them  and ended up playing that longer than this pos. Nobody has said they feel like the old games, and the humor just doesn't work.

Obviously buy whatever you want, but people shouldn't be cosigning shit games like this with their purchase. They don't deserve it. 

12 hours ago, best3444 said:

Whoa, whoa. Easy Allies is enjoying this and they said they're very positive about it. :thinking:

Dude, Huber has never not enjoyed anything. I would never take his opinion on anything seriously. Super nice guy, terrible reviewer.

This is a guy who got upset that people are suspicious over TLoUp2 being 70$  because saying might hurt the devs feelings. This isn't Easy Allies of old, it's a shadow, all the talent left.

7 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Dude, Huber has never not enjoyed anything. I would never take his opinion on anything seriously. Super nice guy, terrible reviewer.

This is a guy who got upset that people are suspicious over TLoUp2 being 70$  because saying might hurt the devs feelings. This isn't Easy Allies of old, it's a shadow, all the talent left.

I'm still getting it and will try to enjoy the best I can. 

41 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I mean ideally that is an issue that would get patched so it shouldn't be that big of an issue. But if you plan to play it right away I guess PS5 would offer the best performance right now.

One review I just read said there is a day one patch? Do you know anything about that?

Edit: vic bought me the xsx version so it's no big deal. 

30 minutes ago, stepee said:

Depending on the mode especially, I’d still go with XSX for better vrr support in a game with an unlocked frame rate. If you try to do the quality mode, it’ll run better on XSX without the 48hz vrr lock that ps5 has. 

Cool, thank you. 

4 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

You didn't read the reviews, did you?

It's not like the original SR's at all. The game is being described as a "broken mess", not a dated experience with bugs. 

One reviewer talked about how they fired up the earlier games to see if they misremembered them  and ended up playing that longer than this pos. Nobody has said they feel like the old games, and the humor just doesn't work.

Obviously buy whatever you want, but people shouldn't be cosigning shit games like this with their purchase. They don't deserve it. 

I played it last night and it DOES feel like the older games and I haven't run into any bugs yet at all. I'm sure they are there, but it feels FAR from a broken mess based on what I've played so far. I only played the first two missions though and JUST opened the city up. 

• Thanks 2