Saints Row (PlayStation/Xbox/PC - EGS) - Information Thread, update: significant update on May 9 will overhaul practically every aspect of the game

Commissar SFLUFAN

What's with the recent trend of delaying games one or two months, sometimes less, after announcing the release date? If they weren't sure of how much more time they needed why give a release date? Are they all incapable of figuring out how much time they need/the development state of the game? Nobody would have batted an eye if this or Dying Light 2 had been announced a couple months later with an actual, realistic release date.

7 hours ago, jaethos said:

What's with the recent trend of delaying games one or two months, sometimes less, after announcing the release date? If they weren't sure of how much more time they needed why give a release date? Are they all incapable of figuring out how much time they need/the development state of the game? Nobody would have batted an eye if this or Dying Light 2 had been announced a couple months later with an actual, realistic release date.

Probably some asshole higher up keeps pressing the teams for a date they can give and eventually someone just throws one out to shut them up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Saints Row (PlayStation consoles/Xbox consoles/PC (EGS) - 23 August 2022) - Information Thread, update: Game Awards Gameplay Trailer
  • 4 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Saints Row (PlayStation consoles/Xbox consoles/PC (EGS) - 23 August 2022) - Information Thread, update: "Like A Boss - Ultimate Customization Trailer"
1 hour ago, stepee said:

I actually still have liked all their games besides the first Saints Row, I enjoyed Agents of Mayhem a lot even if it’s a bit one note, but I also don’t play coop and not having that was the biggest complaint. I’m in!

Agents of Mayhem was cool? It looks bland as hell. I bought it cheap or got it from PS plus or something... it's in my Playstaion game library.

20 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Agents of Mayhem was cool? It looks bland as hell. I bought it cheap or got it from PS plus or something... it's in my Playstaion game library.

Well, I actually intentionally phrased it that I “enjoyed it” not that it “was good”. :P 

Its a super mediocre game in most ways but it has this saturday morning cartoon vibe that worked for me and I thought the actual moment to moment gameplay was fun if repetitive in mission design. So I enjoyed it, but I also wouldn’t correct anyone saying it’s no good.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I feel like that very first trailer really hurt that game's image. They should've showed us this kind of stuff right off the bat.

Speaking of, they could've just shown an image of a dildo bat and it would've instantly allayed my fears. Instead it has taken a year's worth of deliberate gameplay trailers to slowly gain my trust back.

That DF video might have finally convinced me. 

25 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

That DF video might have finally convinced me. 

The boss factory video convinced me, I’m getting a Saints Row: The Third vibe from the game. I plan on buying it on day one for full price (which I almost never do anymore), only one more month left to go.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This doesn’t look like a reboot at all, it looks like the real Saints Row IV. We all know that the Saints Row IV that we got started out as an expansion, and while fun it felt more like a sci-fi alien battling spinoff than a real sequel in the franchise.

While this Saints Row has a new cast of characters, it looks like the true follow-up to Saints Row: The Third. Everything about it from its graphics, gameplay and overall design look similar to Saints Row: The Third. It’s not a reboot or reimagining, it’s simply another Saints Row game just with a different cast of characters.

Instead of calling it strictly Saints Row which makes it seem like a reboot, they should have instead called it something like Saints Row: Santo Ileso like Grand Theft Auto did with Vice City and San Andreas which would convey that it’s Saints Row in a different city, and not a reboot of the series. But regardless, it looks fun and I’m buying it on day one.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Saints Row (PlayStation consoles/Xbox consoles/PC (EGS) - 23 August 2022) - Information Thread, update: "Gameplay Overview Trailer"
2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This is gonna be a fun one. I've always enjoyed the Saints Row games but I'm glad they're getting back to basics and leaving the over the top stuff alone. 

Yeah, the last couple of games were a little too over the top and different. This new game looks like it’s going back to the series roots of being a gang in a city going up against rival gangs. That’s what Saints Row is, not fantasy, sci-fi and superpowers.

• Halal 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Saints Row (PlayStation consoles/Xbox consoles/PC (EGS) - 23 August 2022) - Information Thread, update: "Story Reveal Trailer"

Previews from a few weeks ago:

IGN:

RockPaperShotgun:

saints-row-marshall-surround.jpeg
WWW.ROCKPAPERSHOTGUN.COM

We got hands on with four hours of Saints Row and reckon there's some tension between old and new, making it a fun time if not an overly familiar one.

Gamespot:

4007592-saintsrowheli_fight.jpg
WWW.GAMESPOT.COM

Goofy AI, funny characters, unpredictable chaos, annoying shooting--Saints Row is a throwback to open-world games of the past, with some smart new additions.

Push Square:

1280x720.jpg
WWW.PUSHSQUARE.COM

Like a boss - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKGxsuv3vkM It almost feels like the initial, divided reaction to the new Sa...

Game Informer:

saints9.jpg
WWW.GAMEINFORMER.COM

Andrew Reiner spent a day at Volition playing through the opening moments of the game.

GamesRadar:

tDRX7jLtt9cPh7GXmcvegF-1200-80.jpg
WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

Saints Row is trying to bridge the gap between dildo bats and brunch hangs

aCM4qkCdXREMTGRrjVeKZF-1200-80.jpg
WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

New Saints Row combat honors the franchise's sillier traditions

Ars Technica:

Panteros_hangout-760x380.png
ARSTECHNICA.COM

Stealing meth labs to pay off college loans? Relatable.

PC Gamer:

Eo5Gzifj9WxCzRpGAuN5UA-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Having bonkers criminals as best friends is more fun than it sounds.

Fanbyte:

saintsrow3-scaled.jpg?x10567
WWW.FANBYTE.COM

We got to play four hours of the new Saints Row. Here are our thoughts on Volition's upcoming series reboot.

Eurogamer:

saints-row-pc-notext.jpg
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

How does the early PC preview of the 2022 Saints Row reboot stand up from a tech perspective? Tom Morgan goes hands-on to find out.

b1_3Y7uIUH.jpg
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Ian Higton brings you brand new Saints Row reboot gameplay in this preview feature.

TheSixthAxis:

Saints-Row-Idols-Hero500.jpg
WWW.THESIXTHAXIS.COM

The Saints are back, but their origin story is being reimagined for 2022. Has the over-the-top series lost any of its edge? Of course not!

TheGamer:

Saints-Row-preview.jpg
WWW.THEGAMER.COM

Saints Row may not be too surprising, but its unabashed commitment to being fun is something we need more of.

DubstepGun.jpg
WWW.THEGAMER.COM

Saints Row’s weapon customisation might be next-level, but it needs some unique weapons of its own.

NME:

Saints-Row-City-2000x1270-1.jpg
WWW.NME.COM

Principle designer Damien Allen explains how Volition is emphasising player choice

Twinfinite:

saints-row-feature-1000x600.jpg
TWINFINITE.NET

Let's head on down to Santo Ileso.

saints-row-2-1000x600.jpg
TWINFINITE.NET

Volition UI Artist Danielle Benthien talks Saints Row.

PCGamesN:

saints-row-2022-preview-boss.jpg
WWW.PCGAMESN.COM

A return to the chaotic formula that made the series popular, Saints Row 2022 blends familiar madcap hijinks with its charming new cast’s modern-day anxieties

Windows Central:

XEoxXpL5zUytJFo5T4wDAe-1200-80.png
WWW.WINDOWSCENTRAL.COM

Saints Row is bulging with ridiculous nonsense, and that's exactly what I wanted.

TechRadar:

GameRevolution:

saints-row-reboot-2-1.jpg
WWW.GAMEREVOLUTION.COM

In our hands-on gameplay preview of the Saints Row (2022) reboot, we look at whether or not it's set to meet our expectations.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2