Massive fistfight between coaches and parents breaks out during teeball game

If you get into a physical altercation over a bad call in a 5-7 year old tee ball game, you really need to question every life decision you made to get to that point

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

If you get into a physical altercation over a bad call in a 5-7 year old tee ball game, you really need to question every life decision you made to get to that point

Or, and hear me out, maybe YOU do for not understanding what’s truly at stake.

Or something, I’ve got nothing to combat this level of boobery.

Coach Jimmy Smith later took to Facebook to defend himself, writing, “If you’re gonna post videos and call me a POS Coach, why don’t you show the whole video or tell the entire story! I never touched anyone. Yes, I was upset over a bad call, but I would never fistfight anyone in front of kids! I will stand up for my team 10/10 times, and you tell me one coach who wouldn’t?!?!... So I guess the other team didn’t like me disputing the call and their coach threw his hat at another coach on my team, and then he got in my face! So get your facts straight!!!”

YIKES

I played baseball for probably 12 years from softball, hardball and even representing my city. I seriously can’t remember any fights when I played. Sure we had a couple shouts back and forth, but mostly in good fun or other teams jabbing at us for losing the game. I think people just get worse as technology evolves and every parents thinks their kid will become the next big pro. My brother also played and my mom remembers one fight that almost happen when he played T-ball. He was in the 5-6 age and kids have no real baseball knowledge and they can be humorous watching them walk a ball to a base and not throw the ball. This happened at the very first game he ever played and my mom and sister got yelled out by a parent on the other team. Like I said kids were walking balls to bases and not throwing and my family and many other parents were all having a good laugh. One mom came over and went yelling at my family and others saying the kids weren’t playing the game right. Plus that all the parents laughing were setting a bad influence towards their kids on how to play the game properly. It’s all my mom can remember from his gaming time, my dad probably could of told me some stories if he were still alive. 

still no physical fisticuffs. Although now I think parents do it in some ways to be recorded to be seen. . . .no matter how bad they come off at 

I was a very good baseball player, I was even the pitcher for my city's all-star team when I was 12. Maybe I could have gone pro (lol yeah right)! But when I hit 12, all I wanted to do was quit playing forever (and I did) because people are batshit insane at that age. The players were cool, but the parents were just...insane. Also, I was a pitcher and I was terrified of line drives.

I strongly believe that any parent who puts their kids into organized competitive sports beyond age 10 are just stupid. Rec sports? Sure! And having kids in team activities is great for their development. But once things are taken more seriously by parents than the kids, it's time to yank them out.

4 hours ago, Komusha said:

I think there gonna be a lot of fights this summer as things continue happening to open back up. A lot of people have forgotten how to interact with others, including myself.

As a bartender, I can tell you this is 100% true. A lot of people are acting fucking stupid. There's hardly a day these days where something stupid doesn't happen. I'm over it.

11 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I was a very good baseball player, I was even the pitcher for my city's all-star team when I was 12. Maybe I could have gone pro (lol yeah right)! But when I hit 12, all I wanted to do was quit playing forever (and I did) because people are batshit insane at that age. The players were cool, but the parents were just...insane. Also, I was a pitcher and I was terrified of line drives.

I strongly believe that any parent who puts their kids into organized competitive sports beyond age 10 are just stupid. Rec sports? Sure! And having kids in team activities is great for their development. But once things are taken more seriously by parents than the kids, it's time to yank them out.

I was 16 and a week away from being seen by a scout from the Chicago White Socks for my pitching. Threw out my arm earlier in the season trying out for my high school, and just got it back to feeling normal. Parents forced me to take my sister and brother to a free swim at my HS. Had a free swim for the little little kids before the public free swim. No one took back the tension of the diving board, and being the big guy I was. Slipped, crunch ankle/foot, go back up and the board hit me again on my way down into the pool. Did this 5 minutes into the free swim and sure enough, my HS gym teacher got to see me hobble out to my car at the beginning of August. Threw out my arm again after being on crutches and couldn’t pitch the same again.

plus I’m with you on the long drives. I had 4-5 right off my front left shin by both hardball and softball. Had a pitch hit me in my side once and could see stitching and faint lettering bruise on my side. My dad had his jaw broken by a long drive from a softball hit by my neighbours dad. I use to be a great hitter, but seeing my dad get hurt when I was young and getting hit a few times myself. It kind of turned me into a pussy at the plate.