Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance | Now Coming to Xbox, Switch, Playstation and PC June 21, 2024

Keyser_Soze

I've got this one ready to go. While I still think the UI looks like butt, and there's news of a PC version floating around, I'm playing like 900 different JRPGs right now and I just can't stop. (Beat FF1-4, working on 5, working on the latest Trails game, Bravely Default 2, Star Ocean 1 and 3 simultaneously, as well as The Last Hope, Dragon Quest XI, Tales of Arise... please someone help me I'm broken.)

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I've got this one ready to go. While I still think the UI looks like butt, and there's news of a PC version floating around, I'm playing like 900 different JRPGs right now and I just can't stop. (Beat FF1-4, working on 5, working on the latest Trails game, Bravely Default 2, Star Ocean 1 and 3 simultaneously, as well as The Last Hope, Dragon Quest XI, Tales of Arise... please someone help me I'm broken.)

Stop It GIF by GIPHY News

14 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'll gladly buy you this. What's the best way to do this?

Seriously??  Only if you have the extra throw away spending money. I don’t want to take pizza out of your stomach. But if you are serious I guess just a Nintendo eShop points card? The code? You can’t gift games cause….Nintendo. 

6 minutes ago, Rev said:

Quality, polish,

I was unaware SMT was known for lacking polish and quality. I never felt SMT4 or Devil Survivor was lacking either of those. 

8 minutes ago, Rev said:

more of the other elements that Persona has.

A dating sim? SMT is supposed to be apocalyptic...

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

I was unaware SMT was known for lacking polish and quality. I never felt SMT4 or Devil Survivor was lacking either of those. 

Persona 5 looks much more polished than this does, imo. Even taking into consideration the difference in hardware.

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

A dating sim? SMT is supposed to be apocalyptic...

It seems you didn't read the second sentence in my post.

Just now, Rev said:

Persona 5 looks much more polished than this does, imo.

I really don't get what you mean by this. What is this polish? Or what makes this look unpolished rather?

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

It seems you didn't read the second sentence in my post.

I did. You want more Persona. I got that. But exactly what elements of Persona did you wish this had? The gameplay in all of these games is nearly identical. They both have stories of similar quality (not bad but not particularly amazing). As far as I can tell you just want the dating sim/social aspect in the game. 

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I really don't get what you mean by this. What is this polish? Or what makes this look unpolished rather?

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I did. You want more Persona. I got that. But exactly what elements of Persona did you wish this had? The gameplay in all of these games is nearly identical. They both have stories of similar quality (not bad but not particularly amazing). As far as I can tell you just want the dating sim/social aspect in the game. 

I don't really care to persuade you of my position on either of these points. If you can't see what I think is a glaring difference in polish and quality between this and Persona 5, that's ok with me and you clearly see that there are differences between the games. I see no point in listing them for you. Again, I'm not objectively criticizing the game; my post was simply expressing that I would be happier with a new Persona. Going to bow out of this exchange now, thanks.

1 minute ago, Rev said:

I don't really care to persuade you of my position on either of these points. If you can't see what I think is a glaring difference in polish and quality between this and Persona 5, that's ok with me and you clearly see that there are differences between the games. I see no point in listing them for you. Again, I'm not objectively criticizing the game; my post was simply expressing that I would be happier with a new Persona. Going to bow out of this exchange now, thanks.

Bro, I'm not tryin' to come off like an asshole. I really do want to know in what way you think they lack polish and quality. I'm not not trying to convince you in some way either. I 100% am not in anyway bothered that you or anyone else would want more Persona. I mean, I just assume even most of the SMT enjoyers would just rather have more Persona. There is nothing you need to convince me of either. I'm not really trying to argue what is better here. 

Like, I look at SMT and Persona and I'm tryin to see this lack of polish and stuff. I enjoy both if you were unaware. I see what makes them different of course, and do like the differences. But to me, it is like the difference between (FOOD ANALOGY) Honeycrip and Fuji apples. I was really just wanting to see what makes you view SMT5 in this way. I won't ask you to explain this time, but I will admit it is frustrating to me that you won't elaborate. But yeah, I guess you don't need to nor do you really get anything from doing so. 

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

If you wanna be very generous, then yes I’m serious.  I will be your lover. And you can then be in a normal relationship and tell @ManUtdRedDevilsto eat a dick. 

Wow. If you treat best as the cheating, lying pos he is, I’ll buy you Pokémon. 

Best you aren’t a pos. It’s a joke. I love you 

3 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Wow. If you treat best as the cheating, lying pos he is, I’ll buy you Pokémon. 

How about I just let you put it in my ass so you can feel what it’s like to cheat? Imagine how distraught your wife would be if you cheated on her with Biggie. 

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

I canceled my preorder. Really enjoying my current set up for ultrawide for games that support it and 4k for games that don't support ultrawide.

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

Seriously??  Only if you have the extra throw away spending money. I don’t want to take pizza out of your stomach. But if you are serious I guess just a Nintendo eShop points card? The code? You can’t gift games cause….Nintendo. 

Bought $60 Nintendo eShop digital code. Waiting on an email and then I'll send you the code.

• Like 1

This is very much a new SMT, but it's nice to have a full console release over the handheld ones we've been getting into now. A shame I can't actually play the game since it seems like my Switch is about to die. Sounds like the fan bearings are about to go. That should be a pretty easy swap if I can find the parts online.

20 minutes ago, stepee said:

Anyone playing this here? I was reading last night that this is less narratively focused than even usual for SMT, but I’m not sure if that’s exactly right or just it’s a more broad narrative rather than specific characters with long arcs.

Very rude. You know that @Biggie is playing it.

• True 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Anyone playing this here? I was reading last night that this is less narratively focused than even usual for SMT, but I’m not sure if that’s exactly right or just it’s a more broad narrative rather than specific characters with long arcs.

It’s always the biggest issue for me with SMT games.