Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance | Now Coming to Xbox, Switch, Playstation and PC June 21, 2024

Keyser_Soze

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

@Xbob42you still playing this? I’m almost done in the second area. The game is fantastic. 

I am but not actively, it has taken a backseat as I just finished FF5 Pixel Remaster and am trying to finish Trails of Cold Steel 4, which I'm nearly done with. Then I can work on SMT V again. Although part of me wants to keep stalling for the PC version because the unresponsive controls due to the low frame rate kind of hurt my fun somewhat. I'm actually playing an Ocarina of Time randomizer to take breaks from dialogue-heavy JRPGs for about 30 minutes to an hour a day if I have time for it... and while SMT V is more responsive, it's not by terribly much. I think the game would be glorious at 120FPS/4k, but I think I'll still beat it on Switch while I'm still in my big RPG mood.

I know nothing about future areas and don't want to know any details, but they're not all like brown desert wastelands are they? While I really like the game itself for the most part, the initial setting is soooo fucking bland.

I’m only a couple hours in, but I’m enjoying this so far. I don’t know if it’ll ever be the primary game in my rotation, but I’ll keep dipping into it here and there. 

I can already tell I’m gonna be real obsessive about saving as often as possible. 

3 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

I know nothing about future areas and don't want to know any details, but they're not all like brown desert wastelands are they? While I really like the game itself for the most part, the initial setting is soooo fucking bland.

Yes and no. While weather and climate changes the overall surroundings and feel of areas sort of stay the same. Keep in mind I’m only in the second area. But from streams I’ve watched things do get somewhat different in newer areas. 

2 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I’m only a couple hours in, but I’m enjoying this so far. I don’t know if it’ll ever be the primary game in my rotation, but I’ll keep dipping into it here and there. 

I can already tell I’m gonna be real obsessive about saving as often as possible. 

Yes. Anytime I do anything of substance or importance I immediately go back and save. 

• 2 years later...
  • Keyser_Soze changed the title to Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance | Now Coming to Xbox, Switch, Playstation and PC June 21, 2024

:skull: I still haven't played the original version yet (I've got quite the atlus backlog for switch), guess I'll be waiting for this version instead. I wonder if they will fix the performance issues in the switch version or if this will be the same.

On 12/1/2021 at 5:47 AM, TheLeon said:

Surprise surprise, I did not keep coming back to this game. I got maybe like 6 hours in.:lol:

• Shocked 1