Forza Horizon 5 - Information Thread, update: "Rally Adventure" expansion to release on 29 March 2023

Keyser_Soze

9 minutes ago, best3444 said:

How are you enjoying this compared to 4? I'm probably going to try it out next week on gamepass on my shitty Xbox One X. I hear the loading times on the xbone is awful. 

Probably too early to tell, but I wasn’t as big on the environment of 4 as I was 3, and I think this might be the best environment yet, so I’m pretty positive I’ll like it a lot more. I’m sorry, but Britain is just kinda boring!

I also think the horizon adventures being kind of a story hook to keep you moving along is going to work really well for me.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Probably too early to tell, but I wasn’t as big on the environment of 4 as I was 3, and I think this might be the best environment yet, so I’m pretty positive I’ll like it a lot more. I’m sorry, but Britain is just kinda boring!

I also think the horizon adventures being kind of a story hook to keep you moving along is going to work really well for me.

Good to hear. I'll give it a shot next week. I may like it more than I think because of the "rpg" elements that are implemented in these games. I just hope it runs and looks ok on my xbone. 

30 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Good to hear. I'll give it a shot next week. I may like it more than I think because of the "rpg" elements that are implemented in these games. I just hope it runs and looks ok on my xbone. 

I have played it on my pc (3090) and one x and the one x still looks incredible.  The loading sucks ass, but it’s still worth it. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/12/2021 at 4:20 PM, Ominous said:

lol this is cool, but even just to get an extra 8fps in a floating vsync range, I’d get more of a benefit in motion resolution. The effect itself could maybe be worth it but it only works on your car, not any of the other cars. And I realized I simply never really look at my car when I’m playing! Awesome for photo mode and super easy to turn on and off though.

3 hours ago, stepee said:

lol this is cool, but even just to get an extra 8fps in a floating vsync range, I’d get more of a benefit in motion resolution. The effect itself could maybe be worth it but it only works on your car, not any of the other cars. And I realized I simply never really look at my car when I’m playing! Awesome for photo mode and super easy to turn on and off though.

Agreed! I also only even play with the hood view or behind the wheel and this is would be pointless at the cost to horse power. I mostly play with a wheel too, so the behind the car view although pretty, is the least realistic. Can't really say this runs yet as I have my grandson and youngest kid over for a few weeks, thus really limiting my gameplay. He's almost 2 and if I even think about firing this game up with the wheel {On pc Mind you} He's all over me, and I wouldn't have it any other way honestly. I plan on diving head on into this game in about a week, I have only made it through the intro and created my character and that was it so far...

I do have it installed on a 980 1Tb Evo M.2 SSD and by then the second Nvidia driver set should be out too. I do have the current one out installed though now!

1 minute ago, The def star said:

Don't forget to join the Day 1 Patch club that @XxEvil AshxXmade. Makes it easier to race against rivals in the game.

I will as soon as the game lets me play. I wanted to play yesterday but it crashed 4 times in a row before I could even play the game so I figured I'd let it simmer for a bit.

• Sad 1

Patch came out today, hopefully it fixes the crashes

Version Number:
Xbox One: 1.410.860.0
Xbox Series: 3.410.860.0
PC: 3.410.860.2
Steam: 1.410.860.0

Game Stability

• Fixed several crashes
  • Fixed a potential crash that could happen if an emote was earned whilst offline
  • Fixed a potential crash that can happen when starting a Horizon Arcade
  • Fixed a potential crash that occurred when spawning traffic cars
  • Fixed a crash when loading EventLab events
  • Fixed a crash when upgrading cars

Multiplayer

• Improved stability of Horizon Life connections
  • Improvements to online traffic
  • Fixed issue where player’s car would get stopped when losing connection to Horizon Life
  • Disabled Convoy voice chat to help track down the long load times in Online events
  • Improvements to Horizon Arcade for other player visibility and joining and leaving Arcade events
  • Fixed Eliminator Head to Heads not ending when players reached the finish point

Wheel Compatibility

• Fixed a disconnect pop up that was preventing Wheels from functioning correctly on PC

Exploits

• Updated the Car Masteries for various cars to address an exploit
  • Removed an exploit that could be achieved when creating Challenge Cards
  • Removed an exploit when creating specific route configurations in EventLab
  • Fixed an issue which allowed players to purchase cars from the Car Collection screen which weren’t available in the Autoshow
  • Added checks to stop an exploit with driving assists
  • Stopped players being able to download tunes before a race starts

DLC

• Fixed VIP Player House not being free for some VIPs
  • Fixed VIP House not giving player correct Forzathon Point multiplier
  • Fixed issue where some VIP players weren’t receiving Super Wheelspins

Rewards

• Fixed players not receiving the loyalty reward for playing Forza Motorsport 5
  • Fixed an issue with Car Collection where it was possible that a player could lose pending rewards if they quit the game
  • Rebalanced UGC payouts

PC Settings

• Fixed Resolution Scaling causing GTAO depth issues on PC
  • Fixed issue where distant terrain could appear as low res on PC Ultra settings

Other

• Fixed an issue where it was possible for the player to fall out of world after completing the Trial
  • Fixed an issue where input stops working on the Press Start screen
  • Cross Country Event difficulty has been tuned slightly easier on Drivatar Difficulty levels below Unbeatable to smooth off some difficulty spikes
  • Fixed EventLab notifications persisting in Freeroam
  • Fixed some Accolades missing icons on Xbox One and Xbox One S
  • Fixed profanity filter not applying correctly on Super7

So I am so very used to the layout of Forza Motorsport that I feel almost a little overwhelmed with all the things on my map, notifications that pop up about a thousand different things, just in general I feel like I am either slightly lost, or perhaps losing out on things within the game. Anybody have a few "must be aware of" tips & tricks for the novice players?

47 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

So I am so very used to the layout of Forza Motorsport that I feel almost a little overwhelmed with all the things on my map, notifications that pop up about a thousand different things, just in general I feel like I am either slightly lost, or perhaps losing out on things within the game. Anybody have a few "must be aware of" tips & tricks for the novice players?

On the map, press the RB and filter out everything except what you want to focus on.

• Thanks 1

On 11/21/2021 at 9:50 AM, SoberChef said:

There is no "right way" to play the game, for FH4, I focused on completing all of the races in the campaign as quickly as possible.  In FH4, there was a final race that you could only get to by earning points by finishing other races.  I don't know if that is the case with FH5.

As I plan on playing this for months on end, for FH5 I am now mostly focused on completing my daily/weekly/season challenges.  There are frequently cars available here, that are hard/impossible to get to in other ways.

The more I play this the more I'm loving it. Such an amazing game and the visuals are slowly impressing me more and more. I think my expectations were too high going in. I decided to run it at 30fps because at 60 you do lose some detail. It runs fine at 30. I'll play this a lot just to relax and have fun.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, silentbob said:

I haven’t played Halo MP in a couple days, but I keep coming back to this game. I don’t know if it’s the barn hunts, crazy jumps and my ever growing craving for more wheel spins. Plus I like beating my rivals speed times :ohsnap:

I believe my biggest rivals so far are @XxEvil AshxX @The def star I’M COMING FOR YOU

BRING IT BOB.

• Like 1