Is it a sin for a single man to masturbate?

best3444

I appreciate the different views points in the thread. After research and this thread, I'm going to take care of my human needs. 

It won't be often either but enough is enough. I've haven't masturbated in months. When I'm showering and cleaning my dick with soap it feels so good lol. Like my body is begging to cum. 

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I appreciate the different views points in the thread. After research and this thread, I'm going to take care of my human needs. 

It won't be often either but enough is enough. I've haven't masturbated in months. When I'm showering and cleaning my dick with soap it feels so good lol. Like my body is begging to cum. 

Fuck yeah. This cum gonna be so good.

10 minutes ago, Rachel said:

The entire catholic school board in my

home city teaches that masturbation is healthy and not a sin. 

As someone who grew up in religion and religious schools, I have been exposed to several churches and denominations. Some outright say masturbation is a sin. Some say it’s fine. Some don’t say either way. It really isn’t as broad as you think. 

The Catholic Church as an institution believes that sex is only done while married and with the intent to procreate, and they absolutely consider masturbation to be a sin. I understand that at a local level, churches and priests may disagree. But the Catholic Church itself is super clear on this.

12 minutes ago, Rachel said:

The entire catholic school board in my

home city teaches that masturbation is healthy and not a sin. 

If that's the case, they have no goddamned idea what they're talking about and they're in direct contradiction of the Vatican's doctrine.

In other words, they're guilty of heresy.

d3f.jpg

2 hours ago, Rachel said:

If it were factual and objective we wouldn’t be here having this thread. 

People disagree that the earth is warming, sooooooo

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I read what the video explains yesterday and that's what hangs me up. What's your take away from that video? 

My problem is I'm single, obviously not married, and lustful thoughts about none married women shouldn't be a sin. It's biological and a physical need for the body to release semen. I'm just so on the fence still.

I spoke to a guy at work who is very religious on this topic and his first thoughts were " you're a single man that needs to release. You're not married or have the fortune of having a wife to fulfill what your body naturally wants to do". He said I should masturbate.

Most in this thread say I should as well.

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

If @best3444 jerks off tonight, I respond by not fapping tonight but claim that best fapping was actually me fapping so in the eyes of god it wasn't best that was fapping but me. 

That is very kind of you. Please do that lol.

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think @legend has a very sweet reading voice.

I laughed thanks.

Well guys, after a lot of thought, prayer, and more reading I'm not masturbating. I don't have much time to post why but it's my final decision. I read the Bible each night and meditate/pray each day and I would be letting down Jesus and God who I truly love more than anyone else. I appreciate the responses once again and wasting your time. I'm on a very good path and haven't masturbated in months so I can keep that self decipline going. 

Maybe if I find a woman and marry that is when I'll orgasm again. I am now at the doctor getting ready for my moderna shot. So this is a brief update if anyone cares.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

Dude got convinced not to masturbate by a couple of non-Christians lmao. Poor guy.

I was kinda convinced but that's just Satan working through some of you! :p

I'm going to be lead by Jesus and God through the rest of my life and certain promises I make I can't break. It's no big deal overall. 

Edit: Just got my shot so I'm about to leave after they observe me for 15 min. 2nd shot is June 18th.

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The power of not-Christ compels you!

Does it count as lust if he jerks off while thinking exclusively about tacos? I could probably cum thinking about only tacos, but not sure if best could.

If God existed, it would be kind of insulting to think he's such an insufferable turd that he'd get angry at you for masturbating. I mean, you'd basically be saying that the vast majority of posters on D1P are better people than God. And if he is that much of an insufferable turd, well, we're all fucked anyway.

9 minutes ago, legend said:

If God existed, it would be kind of insulting to think he's such an insufferable turd that he'd get angry at you for masturbating. I mean, you'd basically be saying that the vast majority of posters on D1P are better people than God. And if he is that much of an insufferable turd, well, we're all fucked anyway.

Have you read the Bible and see how petty and harsh Yahweh is?

Yeah...like even if I could believe in a god, that one is like one of the worst. 

36 minutes ago, legend said:

It's just my personal view on it. I understand everyone's views and beliefs are different but I'm sticking to what I believe in. I know Jesus and God are in my life just for the very fact some things that have happened over the last few months. Very personal stuff but talking about religion is a very personal thing and I know 99% of you on here are non believers. That's completely fine and I will never bring things up like this again. 

I'm thankful for the genuine responses and will just move on. 

52 minutes ago, Bacon said:

No such things as non-believers. It is like the Sweet/Unsweetened Tea debacle. There is no such thing as Unsweetened Tea. It is just tea. 

No because if you order just iced tea you will be asked sweet or unsweetened. Nobody just says tea. 

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

It's just my personal view on it. I understand everyone's views and beliefs are different but I'm sticking to what I believe in. I know Jesus and God are in my life just for the very fact some things that have happened over the last few months. Very personal stuff but talking about religion is a very personal thing and I know 99% of you on here are non believers. That's completely fine and I will never bring things up like this again. 

I'm thankful for the genuine responses and will just move on. 

While I wouldn't advocate for theism of any sort, I'm just trying to highlight that you should be clear about what your beliefs are and reflect on whether that makes sense. The God you are saying you believe in is a massive dick. Do you really think that would be case? There are plenty of people who believe in God, even some form of Christianity, and don't believe God is like that.

That is, if you believe in God, which is more likely to you: God is a massive dick; OR God exists, but ancient man slipped in some claims about God because it served their purpose and that are not actually true? You don't have to reject belief in God to conclude the latter.