Россия invades Україна | UPDATE (30 May 2024) - Biden gives Ukraine permission to strike some targets inside Russia with American weapons

41 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It's becoming somewhat clear that elements of the Russian military really don't have the heart or stomach for this operation, and that's something that should be exploited by Ukraine/NATO creatively.

For example, an idea that I just had was to flood Russian military communication nets with an offer for any Russian units that really don't want to be part of this to cease their advances and hold in position -- not to withdraw from the territory they currently hold, but actually just sit tight right where they are.  In exchange for this, NATO would act as a protective/buffer force between those units and any other Russian units that may decide to attack them.  Hell, the NATO force would act as a buffer against Ukrainian forces who would do the same, but this plan would be naturally coordinated with the Ukrainian government first so I doubt that would be an issue.

I'm well aware this this plan is probably/definitely completely unfeasible, but this is the type of thinking that SHOULD be happening in Washington, London, Paris, and Berlin in order to exploit what genuinely appears to be a reluctance of Russian commanders (at least at the field level) to really press this thing.

spacer.png

• Sicko 1

2 minutes ago, elbobo said:

how many helicopters would it take to carry enough troops to take a city of 3 million?

The air assault forces don't necessarily have to "take" Kyiv - they just have to hold on to strategic positions and/or cause enough of a headache for the defenders while waiting for the ground-based follow-on forces.

7 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

If this does actually happen, Ukrainian forces should cease taking any Russian prisoners and just make them fertilizer for sunflowers.

I've stated this multiple times there is no way they are taking Kyiv without total war. We have seen what happened in Fallujah and the US is a far superior force compared to Russia. Urban combat will grind them into the ground especially with the weapons the west are providing. It will be a javelin/stinger fest. 

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

I thought that was Saudi Arabia? 

AP22018439802656.jpg?resize=1200%2C630
WWW.ALJAZEERA.COM

Why are Yemen’s Houthis launching attacks on the UAE and is this a new front in the war? We answer the key questions.

@Jason - the UAE is very much a member of the war crime-committing Saudi-led coalition.

3 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Well this is a hell of a story. 

Yeah, I was reading through this when he first started posting his journey. It was pretty fascinating and quite sad at the same time. To make it even worse, the numbers of people who kept criticizing him as making it up by arguing that he would have been conscripted, too, without realizing he was an American journalist, just made it that much harder to read through the whole thing.