Россия invades Україна | UPDATE (14 May 2024) - Russia launches new invasion from the north into Kharkiv, soon to launch second corridor into Sumy. Situation is dire

21 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'd say this qualifies as "collateral damage" from the war:

220303153332-rt-america-file-022622.jpg?
WWW.CNN.COM

RT America will cease productions and lay off most of its staff, according to a memo from T&R Productions, the production company behind the Russian state-funded network, which CNN obtained.

Fuck. Thank god.

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

If Putin is serious about "de-Nazification", perhaps he should start at home.

The scum on the right in the picture is Dmitry Utkin, founder of the Wagner Group, a Russian mercenary organization who has been active in Central Africa, Libya, and Syria (where they got their heads handed to them by US forces).

oKCvLBZ.jpeg

Check out his tattoos:

8Cc9n1m.jpeg

That dude looks like he fought Captain America during WW2... and lost badly.

Tactically it makes sense for Russia to target (and shut down) the power plant as it will cripple Ukraine's power gird.  Strategically this is a dumb fucking idea - even if they don't cause a meltdown or otherwise cause an escape of radioactive materials, Russia is just hardening the resolve of most of the free world against themselves. 

2 minutes ago, brucoe said:

Doesn't this sound almost like the dialogue of the tv series Chernobyl, where they kept saying: "It can't happen"? And then it happened.

I mean, I'm not a scientist, but I watched the show too, and straight away there's a lot of important differences, like Chernobyl had the Positive Void Coefficient and I don't think any reactors like that exist anymore.

2 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

I mean, I'm not a scientist, but I watched the show too, and straight away there's a lot of important differences, like Chernobyl had the Positive Void Coefficient and I don't think any reactors like that exist anymore.

Okay, point taken. However, the dialogue still sounds quite familiar, even if the resolution hopefully is not going to go the same direction.