Россия invades Україна | UPDATE (14 May 2024) - Russia launches new invasion from the north into Kharkiv, soon to launch second corridor into Sumy. Situation is dire

38 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Dumbest motherfucker alive no contest

I know I’m preaching to the choir, but in times of crisis, you really see how empty the Republican Party and right-wing media are.

They literally have nothing of substance beyond domestic cultural grievance. 

3 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

I know I’m preaching to the choir, but in times of crisis, you really see how empty the Republican Party and right-wing media are.

They literally have nothing of substance beyond domestic cultural grievance. 

Which makes Marco Rubio’s enlighten tweet threads all that much more puzzling 

There is no doubt in my mind this is going to turn into a quagmire for Russia. As the US demonstrated in Iraq, its one thing to take territory and its another thing to keep it. I expect low level fighting for the next decade that will be a complete drain on the Russian economy not to mention all the sanction.

11 minutes ago, Comet said:

Which makes Marco Rubio’s enlighten tweet threads all that much more puzzling 

Many of these guys have the capability of being intelligent. But they’d rather sell their soul for power (and they do mean much of what they say anyway)

but it’s like the saying “knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad”. These people know what tomatoes are they just choose to put them in a fruit salad. And by now they kinda like the taste of it!

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

Is Russia even capable of sustaining the required occupation force? 

I think the occupation is probably temporary. I expect them to install a puppet government. Stay for a bit then bug out and just provide support to the puppet government. 

1 minute ago, Zaku3 said:

I think the occupation is probably temporary. I expect them to install a puppet government. Stay for a bit then bug out and just provide support to the puppet government. 

Right, but no way that government doesn't fold in 15 seconds once the Russians pull out. 

3 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

Right, but no way that government doesn't fold in 15 seconds once the Russians pull out. 

If they kill current leadership (see the reported kill lists, even though they won’t get everyone probably) there’s gonna be a power vacuum that the puppet government would be there to fill in the meantime

but there is a whole hell of a lot of resistance to this Russian action so who knows

2 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

We all gonna die!!!!! It'll be fast right? Glad I didn't have kids! 

Can someone please let them know they can launch the nukes after I beat Elden Ring and get a satisfying amount of Warhammer 3 mortal empires in.