Space Jam : Return of the Hairline

2 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Oh thank god!

Clicking on the Space Jam logo on the top right of the new page brings you to the legacy site. It wasn't obvious to me either, I posted about this on reddit and someone pointed it out. 

It really makes me dislike LeBron even more for trying to be like Mike once again. His entire career has been him trying to one up Jordan and it will never happen. He's a wannabe and Michael Jordan is a legend that can't be touched. This will be an awful film.

16 minutes ago, best3444 said:

It really makes me dislike LeBron even more for trying to be like Mike once again. His entire career has been him trying to one up Jordan and it will never happen. He's a wannabe and Michael Jordan is a legend that can't be touched. This will be an awful film.

He's a much better human than Jordan will ever be. What a wild overreaction to a kid's movie. You sound like a child.

• Guillotine 1

26 minutes ago, best3444 said:

he’s better than MJ

spacer.png

• Guillotine 1
  • Haha 1

LeBron James is the best basketball player to ever live.

At most you could say that over the last few years, he kind of turns his defense on and off depending on the situation, but that's not because he's not good at it, he just doesn't care sometimes. LeBron in full, locked in playoff mode is better than Jordan ever was.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Iculus said:

He's a much better human than Jordan will ever be. What a wild overreaction to a kid's movie. You sound like a child.

I sound like a child, how lol? I do agree LeBron is a better human being from what I've learned over the years. Jordan is extremely selfish with his money and never speaks out on important issues like LeBron has. Not sure how I'm overreacting?

2 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

LeBron James is the best basketball player to ever live.

At most you could say that over the last few years, he kind of turns his defense on and off depending on the situation, but that's not because he's not good at it, he just doesn't care sometimes. LeBron in full, locked in playoff mode is better than Jordan ever was.

Do yourself a favor and look up Michael Jordan highlights from 1984-1993. He's hands down the greatest to ever play. I have been a huge basketball fan my entire life and know a lot about it. I even played Division 2 basketball in college. I would put LeBron at number 2, though. He's a freak of nature and incredibly talented.

52 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Lebron is a physical freak who will create longevity records that will never be touched, but come on, his peak was never near Jordan’s. Y’all drunk af. 

Drink Enough Hannibal Buress GIF by Adult Swim

This and thank you.

12 minutes ago, johnny said:

lebron has been the best player in the nba for over a decade in a league that is stacked with talent 

Jordan played in a MUCH tougher era with incredibly brutal defense that's not even allowed in today's game. Jordan played in the 80s and 90s with talent that surpasses LeBrons era by a mile. 

Back on topic. The movie will be awful. I look forward to the reactions.

The mere fact that Jordan did what he did while playing in a league that actually played defense and had rules that didn’t completely favor offense makes it difficult to compare against Bron on a “who would win in a 1 on 1?” sort of way.

But if you compare them in relation to the competition they face, I do believe LBJ is better than the average NBA player of his era than Jordan was to the average NBA players of his era.

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Did you catch LeBron banging your mom or something?

Overall, I think LeBron is a good dude. I have enjoyed watching him throughout his career. I don't hate him by and means. 

9 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

The mere fact that Jordan did what he did while playing in a league that actually played defense and had rules that didn’t completely favor offense makes it difficult to compare against Bron on a “who would win in a 1 on 1?” sort of way.

But if you compare them in relation to the competition they face, I do believe LBJ is better than the average NBA player of his era than Jordan was to the average NBA players of his era.

That's a fair opinion. I respect that. In the end, it really doesn't matter. I just think it's lame LeBron is doing a Space Jam 2. Be original.

The only real reason I was halfway interested in this is I was hoping for another Roger Rabbit-type hand drawn/live-action hybrid. Instead, Lebron is a full cartoon in Tune World and the Looney Tunes are CGI when play in the final game with live action Lebron. Boooo

Like the first movie, this looks like a barely disguised full length commercial. I wonder what attracted Ryan Coogler to produce that this.

Lol they didn't play defense in the 80's, they had goons. It's not the same. Defensive tactics and spacial awareness is on another level than it was in the 80s or 90s. Part of that has to do with the harsher penalties and more frequent calling of things like technicals and flagrant fouls, so teams can't afford to waste court space on enforcers. Defenses now understand that players off the ball are more important than players on the ball. Drop JJ reddick on an 80s team with his modern knowledge of tactics and he would be scoring 40 a game.

Granted, I hate comparing players from different eras. The game changes. But saying Michael jordan is simply the best ever and lebron could never hope to touch him is dumb. Maybe LeBron wouldn't have done as well if he played in the 90s. MJ might be able to adapt to today's game. It's hard to say.

46 minutes ago, Komusha said:

Why are the Droogs from A Clockwork Orange in this? Or Barry Lyndon? Or the war boys from Fury Road? This is a kids movie, right?

Probably meant to throw the parents watching it with their kids a bone with fun little cameos in a way that will safely sail above the heads of their kids.

7 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Lol they didn't play defense in the 80's, they had goons. It's not the same. Defensive tactics and spacial awareness is on another level than it was in the 80s or 90s. Part of that has to do with the harsher penalties and more frequent calling of things like technicals and flagrant fouls, so teams can't afford to waste court space on enforcers. Defenses now understand that players off the ball are more important than players on the ball. Drop JJ reddick on an 80s team with his modern knowledge of tactics and he would be scoring 40 a game.

Granted, I hate comparing players from different eras. The game changes. But saying Michael jordan is simply the best ever and lebron could never hope to touch him is dumb. Maybe LeBron wouldn't have done as well if he played in the 90s. MJ might be able to adapt to today's game. It's hard to say.

Very educated post. Like I said above, it doesn't really matter. I dislike comparing players from different era's as well. We can end this by saying that both LeBron and Michael are 2 of the best to ever play. I have my opinion and you have yours. I respect your knowledge on the subject so I also respect your opinion. It's all good. :peace:

zone defense was illegal for almost all of michael jordan’s career, resulting in it being easier to get to the hoop. lebron would excel even more lol. and take one look at lebron and tell me that guy wouldn’t be able to handle more physical defense lol. give me a break. defense back then favored stars even more. 

• Guillotine 1

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Probably meant to throw the parents watching it with their kids a bone with fun little cameos in a way that will safely sail above the heads of their kids.

A gang of rapists in a kid's movie is a fun little reference.

• Haha 2