Rick and Morty return June 20th

• 1 month later...

We caught an episode of this a few nights ago, and I haven’t watched the show in years. It was an episode where a snake bites Morty in outer space and then it affects a snake planet’s ability to time travel. I was laughing so freaking hard that it made me wanna watch the entire series.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

We caught an episode of this a few nights ago, and I haven’t watched the show in years. It was an episode where a snake bites Morty in outer space and then it affects a snake planet’s ability to time travel. I was laughing so freaking hard that it made me wanna watch the entire series.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47kfthj4z2mgns8jjrk8

Now that the show was renewed and is such a mega hit, they stopped messing around with the timing and budgets. We should get new seasons roughly every year instead of every 2 years as it had been previously...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok we are about 2 weeks away from the new season starting, but I gotta ask this. So I’m watching the Promortyus episode and when they don the battle suits, they start slicing and dicing. Then they start complaining about the swords and Morty says he wants a laser whip next time, and Rick says sure but their is no way in hell he doesn’t cut his own dick off.

MORTY’S GONNA LASER WHIP CUT HIS DICK OFF!!!

now you just need to go 14 secs into the 2nd trailer they released for this years episodes, Morty has a fucking laser whip to fight with.:lol:

• Haha 2

On 5/11/2021 at 2:19 PM, ort said:

Now that the show was renewed and is such a mega hit, they stopped messing around with the timing and budgets. We should get new seasons roughly every year instead of every 2 years as it had been previously...

I thought the holdup was always the creators being slow and not a lack of budget issue? 

With a bigger budget you can hire more people and more writers. I don't know the exact reasons, but I know there were periods when they were not in active production because they weren't renewed yet and were negotiating.

I've read clues here and there that lead me to believe that a lot of the problem was that the show runners were stretched too thin, and now they have the support crew and focus they need to crank them out faster.

I think Dan Harmon said because of Covid and the restrictions they were under. Actually lead to him writing more scripts and same with other writers of the series. Also with Justin also doing Solar Opposites, might of stretched him/others a little thin too 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, legend said:

If you don't have cable, how are people watching it? I think my fallback is just buy the season on Amazon Prime (not like I mind owning it either), but I'm curious if there are better/cheaper ways?

In the past you could watch the episode on Adult Swims website but it was delayed

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, legend said:

If you don't have cable, how are people watching it? I think my fallback is just buy the season on Amazon Prime (not like I mind owning it either), but I'm curious if there are better/cheaper ways?

:pirate_2:

• Haha 1

I was trying to rewatch season 4 before starting, but I'm only like halfway through. Season 4 is my least watched season.

I think I saw each of the first 2 season 3-4 times each, and season 3 at least twice. Season 4.... only one watch per episode.

I'll probably just watch tonight as it airs... eh, who cares.

Almost seems like they ignored how the season ended last year in some ways, but looks like next episode will explain things better (from the snippet they showed) Loved the Narnia narration they went with this, and even though I saw things coming. I still enjoyed the laughs very much and Jessica could be interesting to watch going forward.

21 hours ago, legend said:

Looks like Adult Swim posted the whole episode to Youtube... so there ya go.

I thought this was a strong episode. Thumbs up from me.

Are we getting the whole season now, or are they splitting it up?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, silentbob said:

Almost seems like they ignored how the season ended last year in some ways, but looks like next episode will explain things better (from the snippet they showed) Loved the Narnia narration they went with this, and even though I saw things coming. I still enjoyed the laughs very much and Jessica could be interesting to watch going forward.

The show having essentially no continuity is really the only sane way to go.

46 minutes ago, ort said:

Week by week.

49 minutes ago, ort said:

Ah nice! I ended up just watching on AS's website last night when it aired. It didn't look like they were going to do that, but once this clock hit 11, it appeared.

19 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Week by week.

I mean, are we getting 10 episodes in 10 weeks, or will they split it up and give us 5 now and 5 more in a few months like they have in the past... I guess I can go look it up...

EDIT: Looks like no one knows...

23 minutes ago, ort said:

I mean, are we getting 10 episodes in 10 weeks, or will they split it up and give us 5 now and 5 more in a few months like they have in the past... I guess I can go look it up...

EDIT: Looks like no one knows...

Oh yeah, sorry. I don’t think they’ve said.

Justin Roland was saying that instead of seasons, they should just put out one episode per month for the entire run.

Honestly, I love that idea and wish they would it. How fun would that be? Would the novelty wear off? Who knows, but it would be different.

8 hours ago, ort said:

Justin Roland was saying that instead of seasons, they should just put out one episode per month for the entire run.

Honestly, I love that idea and wish they would it. How fun would that be? Would the novelty wear off? Who knows, but it would be different.

hey, many people subscribe to YouTube channels that only have a monthly episode of the thing they like. and it’s not even guaranteed on a specific day of the month. It drops when it drops. 

It might “feel” weird for tv, but it isn’t out of the norm of how many consume some of their entertainment. With the technology and methods of delivering entertainment to people we don’t have to adhere to the same norms from the past 50+ years.