Are there any terms or phrases from other countries you'd like to see get used in your own?

Brick

5 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I do wish we could say cunt:(

I do like some british slang. "Bob's your uncle" is a good one. It comes out of my mouth every once in a while and no one knows what I'm saying. "Boils my piss" is another one.

‘Pissed on my cornflakes’ is another fun, urine-based one.

6 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Koreans say something is a "sippal biyong," which means like, "a fucking annoying expense."

You use it when you had a shit day and the only thing to remedy that is to spend some money. So work sucked, so you order delivery. 

VM.TIKTOK.COM

On 3/30/2021 at 3:41 PM, stepee said:

I mean, obviously the more casual and less gender specific usage of the word “cunt”. I think that’s something every American can agree on.

I can see that in a generation or two being me acceptable and used. Now it's not exactly something you'd say because of how offensive it can be, but one day I think it'll be like the UK where it's dropped and no one bats an eye. I had a boss once who no one liked, and when she left I was talking to another co-worker, and said how she was such a bitch, and I don't like using the c-word, but I'd use it on her, and my co-worker just casually called her a "cunt scab". Well I guess she can get away with it being a woman too, and cunt scab is oddly appropriate given this former boss's bad acne scarring. 

On 3/30/2021 at 5:50 PM, Fizzzzle said:

I do wish we could say cunt:(

I do like some british slang. "Bob's your uncle" is a good one. It comes out of my mouth every once in a while and no one knows what I'm saying. "Boils my piss" is another one.

Bob's your uncle isn't used in the States? I've for sure heard it being used on TV, and from people I know in real life. 

5 minutes ago, Brick said:

Bob's your uncle isn't used in the States? I've for sure heard it being used on TV, and from people I know in real life. 

I've heard it in the states every once in a while, but if you go down to the bar and casually throw in a "bob's your uncle," there is a good chance that people won't know what you mean.

• Haha 1