Sony's "Play At Home" Returns in March; Ratchet & Clank will be given away for free, extended access to Funimation or Wakanim (UPDATE: Horizon, Astro Bot, Witness, Abzu, Paper Beast, more added)

SaysWho?

50971951302_48f8f03d4b_h.jpg
BLOG.PLAYSTATION.COM

Free games and entertainment offers for the PlayStation community kick off in March and extend through June.

Last April, we launched the Play At Home initiative, offering up two incredible PlayStation games for free: Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Journey*. I like to think they helped make the year just a little bit easier.

This year, we wanted to go further. So we’ve designed a series of free games and entertainment offers for our PlayStation community to make the next few months a little more fun and enjoyable.

Starting March 1, 2021

PlayStation and Insomniac Games will make Ratchet & Clank PS4 available for free download for a limited time through PlayStation Store from March 1 at 8pm PST / March 2 4am GMT / 5am CET to March 31, 2021 at 8pm PDT* / April 1 4am BST / 5am CEST. Once you redeem the game, it will be yours to keep. This 2016 PS4 action-adventure hit from Insomniac Games revisits the origin stories of these beloved PlayStation heroes and features a great mix of outrageous combat and comedy.

Starting March 25, 2021

Our friends at Funimation (a joint venture of Sony Pictures Entertainment and Aniplex of Japan) are kicking in a very special offer: extended access for new subscribers to Funimation or Wakanim in the countries they are available **. Funimation is an anime-focused subscription service and Wakanim is Funimation’s European division. While there will be additional details to follow, this offer is only available to our community who sign up for and download the Funimation (in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand) or Wakanim apps (in most of Western and Northern Europe) starting on March 25 for a limited time. 

More games/offers expected.

Shame the PS4 one was a real shitshow. Half the framerate and 1/10th the charm of the original game. But the nice animations were enough for a lot of people with low expectations. Hopefully Rift Apart is a return to what actually made the series good, rather than utterly shitting all over the best reasons to play these games.

• Guillotine 1

• SaysWho? changed the title to Sony's "Play At Home" Returns in March; Ratchet & Clank will be given away for free, extended access to Funimation or Wakanim (UPDATE: Horizon, Astro Bot, Witness, Abzu, Paper Beast, more added)
16x9_ALL.jpg
BLOG.PLAYSTATION.COM

Download free indie games and PS VR games starting March 25. And get ready: PS4 blockbuster Horizon Zero Dawn will be free for a limited time starting April 19.

16x9_ALL.jpg?resize=1088,612&crop_strate

And for a limited time, Horizon Zero Dawn starting April 19:

32481935451_106993d3f4_h.jpg

But there’s more to come later this spring. Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition will be available for free download between April 19 8:00pm PT / April 20 04:00 BST / 05:00 CEST and May 14 8:00pm Pacific Time / May 15 04:00 BST / 05:00 CEST.

We’ll have more to share soon. We appreciate the support from the PlayStation community, and hope you enjoy our latest content drop – please stay safe and thanks for playing!

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

My friend gave me his PS4 and PSVR for free, now I can get the games for free too!

What happened to your old PS4?

Enjoy PSVR: obviously, stuff like the wires bother a lot of people, but it's got a bunch of great software, and now you can get stuff like Astro Bot and Moss for free. I still have to finish Blood & Truth and then do Star Wars: Squadrons on VR.

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The one I never had?

Yeah I gave that one to an elderly lady. She needed it more than I did.

>_>

It's hard to keep track because once you told me you had one, then you told me you were just saying that to win a debate, then you said you ended up getting one, and now I don't even know if you have anything now. 

<_<

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

>_>

It's hard to keep track because once you told me you had one, then you told me you were just saying that to win a debate, then you said you ended up getting one, and now I don't even know if you have anything now. 

<_<

The only one I've gotten was given to me by my friend because he upgraded to the pro. :p

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think maybe you misunderstood me as just getting it now. I mean I've had it for a number of years I'm saying now I can get the VR games for free.

Well, when you said now you can get them for free, I thought this just happened. :p 

On 3/18/2021 at 11:02 AM, SaysWho? said:
16x9_ALL.jpg
BLOG.PLAYSTATION.COM

Download free indie games and PS VR games starting March 25. And get ready: PS4 blockbuster Horizon Zero Dawn will be free for a limited time starting April 19.

16x9_ALL.jpg?resize=1088,612&crop_strate

And for a limited time, Horizon Zero Dawn starting April 19:

32481935451_106993d3f4_h.jpg

Things get a little muddled with PS5 and  VR games now.

So, the top 5 are just regular PS4 compatible Indies, right?

Then the bottom 4 are VR compatible, but some(all?) of them can also be played as regular games? For someone who is never likely to get PSVR are any of them worth playing without VR, or just avoid them?

3 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

Things get a little muddled with PS5 and  VR games now.

So, the top 5 are just regular PS4 compatible Indies, right?

Then the bottom 4 are VR compatible, but some(all?) of them can also be played as regular games? For someone who is never likely to get PSVR are any of them worth playing without VR, or just avoid them?

Rez  and Subnautica are VR too.

• 2 weeks later...