What are you preparing/ordering to eat for Superbowl Sunday?

Remarkableriots

Just now, Joe said:

Because it's a ton of work and the Kenji baked wing method still gets you amazingly crispy wings for a quarter of the effort.

Step 1: Pat wings dry

Step 2: Pour oil in pot (or beef tallow or lard if you want to get real fat. Buffalo Wild Wings fries everything in beef tallow*)

Step 3: Heat oil to like ~350

Step 4: deep fry wings for ~10-12 minutes depending on how big they are

Step 5: Toss in sauce

Step 6: Get napkins

No need for baking powder or letting the wings sit overnight. Just deep fry and toss.

I actually own 2 deep fryers, but I only use them on special occasions because they're kind of a bitch to clean. Normally I just use a pot. The only issue is you'd better have a hood over it while you're deep frying because your house will smell like oil for days if you don't have some kind of ventilation system going. That's why I normally use my deep fryers outside.

Still, though, it's really low effort.

*sorry, different topic, but someone told me recently that BWW serves fried cauliflower now. If they fried the cauliflower in beef tallow, that would kind of defeat the purpose...

I have tried a bunch of different methods for chicken wings -- by FAR the easiest way is using an air fryer.

Chicken skin has so much fat in it, it makes it PERFECT for the air fryer.  As the fat renders from the chicken skin, it crisps up the flour as if it was in a deep fryer

1)  Mix coating that is 2/3 AP flour, 1/3 corn starch and add spices (garlic salt, oregano, some paprika) -- or you can buy it premixed at the grocery store

2)  Throw some coating in a Ziplock bag, add chicken wings in batches and shake around (Shake 'n' Bake from the 80s style)

3)  Shake off excess

4)  Throw in air fryer at ~400 for ~25 minutes, turning once ~ around 17 minutes

You would swear they came out of a deep fryer.

I am not saying deep frying is HARD, but it is definitely more work than this.  If we were to dedicate the space for a deep fryer again, I can't see us using it more than a couple of times a month anyways...

46 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I have tried a bunch of different methods for chicken wings -- by FAR the easiest way is using an air fryer.

Chicken skin has so much fat in it, it makes it PERFECT for the air fryer.  As the fat renders from the chicken skin, it crisps up the flour as if it was in a deep fryer

1)  Mix coating that is 2/3 AP flour, 1/3 corn starch and add spices (garlic salt, oregano, some paprika) -- or you can buy it premixed at the grocery store

2)  Throw some coating in a Ziplock bag, add chicken wings in batches and shake around (Shake 'n' Bake from the 80s style)

3)  Shake off excess

4)  Throw in air fryer at ~400 for ~25 minutes, turning once ~ around 17 minutes

I am not saying deep frying is HARD, but it is definitely more work than this.  If we were to dedicate the space for a deep fryer again, I can't see us using it more than a couple of times a month anyways...

Damn now I really want an air fryer.

Foam Roll 

Stretch

Rumble Roller 

Squat 

• 155lbsx10
  • 245lbsx10
  • 295lbsx10
  • 335lbsx10
  • 385lbsx5
  • 405lbsx3

Dumbbell Press 

• 160lbs(2x80lbs)x30

Preacher Curl & Single hand overhead press alternate

• 35lbsx10  

MultiGrip Bar Press 

• 155lbsx30 
  • 175lbsx10 

Landmine Press and Side to side whatever the fuck 

• 50lbsx30

Kettlebell swings 

• 88lbsx10 

Curl Bar and Skull Crushers

•  60lbsx10 

Happy Sunday!

10 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

3)  Shake off excess

You add FLOUR to your chicken wings?!

Oh, my days...

Chicken skin doesn't need anything. Sauce just makes any breading soggy.

List of things I'm most disgusted by:

1) Jeffrey Epstein

2) Jeff Bezos' eyeballs

3) Breaded buffalo wings

Get that shit out of here. Might as well eat a filet mignon well done with A1 slathered all over it.