Happy 23rd anniversary to Gran Turismo

SaysWho?

2 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

The last time I put time into a GT was one on the PS4. The only racing game to ever put me to sleep! (I would mostly play at night due to kids, and the light elevator music in the GT menus put me to sleep multiple times).

So the last time was the last time a GT released? :p 

Fuck I feel old. Put a ton of time into the first 4. Some into 5 and never played 6 since it came out after the PS4 came out. Tried to play sport and sucked at it because Forza has destroyed all my skills due to the racing lines. I'll probably get GT7 day 1 and try and get some of my old skills back. 

Absurd amount of time spent in GT1 & 2! I was just blown away by the replay options, wow just wow! Different camera angles and the ability to see from any car in the race was simply unheard of! What a game. Never gave GTS anytime but in its hay'day it was the top dog. Also a huge fan of Ridge Racer and I miss how games made me feel back then. 

Interested in seeing how it evolves on the PS5. Not that I'll have one anytime soon! 

I just want a racing game where I can set up a race however I want without the game “auto-balancing” the cars.. I want to pick the cars, regardless of class.. set laps and rules. (big fan of knockout laps).

GT has always been great... it just seems that racing games havent gotten so big its a matter of how many cars and tracks they can provide... I’d rather at this point they have less cars and focus exclusively on the minutia that goes into replicating the driving experience itself.. theres been so many games attempting different things they can reference (create the feeling if a crash disorientation for example).