‘Reach Out to Trump Supporters,’ They Said. I Tried. I give up.

The prospect of reading Greatoneshere's eloquent movie reviews always make me look forward to lurking and posting when I do.  And the stuff with sbifilms's theater, fox news appearance and that documentary is some tip-top D1P lore and second only to the trump presidency in terms of the most interesting things to talk about here recently that I know of (still plenty of drama I haven't discovered yet though tbf). 

If y'all don't come back within a couple months I may or may not know someone who can hire a deep web kidnapper and extorter who's a bit more persuasive...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, heydude93 said:

The prospect of reading Greatoneshere's eloquent movie reviews always make me look forward to lurking and posting when I do.  And the stuff with sbifilms's theater, fox news appearance and that documentary is some tip-top D1P lore and second only to the trump presidency in terms of the most interesting things to talk about here recently that I know of (still plenty of drama I haven't discovered yet though tbf). 

If y'all don't come back within a couple months I may or may not know someone who can hire a deep web kidnapper and extorter who's a bit more persuasive...

Tell me about it. Nobody has argued with me about movies on here since :|. I like arguing about movies and hating on Nicolas Winding Refn.  

• Haha 1

@Greatoneshereis probably one of the best posters on this forum. He came back and got driven away almost immediately - tried to explain why he left and had people trolling “that’s absolutely not what you said” and arguing with him. Some of you stating that people need to be more self-aware are the very ones who need to do so. Post like a condescending dismissive twat towards someone then wonder why there’s no discussion happening. :p 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

@Greatoneshereis probably one of the best posters on this forum. He came back and got driven away almost immediately - tried to explain why he left and had people trolling “that’s absolutely not what you said” and arguing with him. Some of you stating that people need to be more self-aware are the very ones who need to do so. Post like a condescending dismissive twat towards someone then wonder why there’s no discussion happening. :p 

I noticed you haven't posted in the "Stop Demonizing Trump Supporters" thread. You should give it a read if you haven't.

On 11/19/2020 at 10:34 AM, Greatoneshere said:

While that sounds possible, it's not true. I had planned to stick around. I just don't feel understood anymore, and maybe that's my own fault for changing as a person. But it's not fun to post here anymore. 

I was told to shut up. I was told my post was the craziest anyone had ever read on the forum. Twenty years of posting on message boards, and I've always written out well-written, thoughtful posts when I'm not being sarcastic. All that good will has built up nothing. @ByWatterson didn't even remember who I was in the "Comeback" thread, a user I've known for years. 

That was a joke! What's up dude!

Lawyers we be, we two, not three. 

• Haha 2