Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

34 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

He's actually really good at this. I'm usually laughing with him instead of at him when he does these.

25 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I legit LOL’d when he said all that “Mini Mike” got for his half a billion dollars was the nick name “Mini Mike” :lol:

Whoever is his "ghost tweeter" has totally earned a raise for the quality of the output over the last several days.

Just now, johnny said:

If Warren endorses Biden she would lose all of her credibility as far as what she stands for. I get she might not want to endorse Bernie. If that’s the case she should not endorse either until the nominee is chosen. 

Its going to depend on if she wants a cabinet position. 

2 minutes ago, johnny said:

If Warren endorses Biden she would lose all of her credibility as far as what she stands for. I get she might not want to endorse Bernie. If that’s the case she should not endorse either until the nominee is chosen. 

Warren should endorse Biden.  Sanders should also suspend his campaign now and endorse as well.  It's critical that the party build unity NOW.  The last thing the Democrats need is a divided party.

• Haha 2

If Warren endorses Biden then what's failed is understanding politics and how "being for" something doesn't automatically place you on the same team. The entitlement to her fealty because of the perception of her politics through an exclusively Sanders way of looking at the world is exhausting. Nobody owes Sanders shit, especially with the way he's treated them.

2 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Warren should endorse Biden.  Sanders should also suspend his campaign now and endorse as well.  It's critical that the party build unity NOW.  The last thing the Democrats need is a divided party.

The Sanders shitshow at the convention shouldnt happen again. 

2 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

If Warren endorses Biden then what's failed is understanding politics and how "being for" something doesn't automatically place you on the same team. The entitlement to her fealty because of the perception of her politics through and exclusively Sanders way of looking at the world is exhausting. Nobody owes Sanders shit, especially with the way he's treated them.

I didn’t say she needs to endorse Bernie. And I understand people make decisions for what’s best for their career. I’m saying if she endorses a conservative ghoul over a progressive then it’s a massive disappointment. 

4 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Maybe if DNC wasn’t corrupt they could avoid fucking things up

14 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

lol of course Ana liked this :salt:

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

I think you can toss out second choice data at this point, the facts on the ground have changed so much in a week that it’s difficult to know where these voters are going to go.

Would have been cool to have an educator in the WH to teach Americans how the government works.

There was a NYT poll pretty recently that asked people two questions. One was who they were supporting as President, and it was (as expected) Biden, Sanders, and Warren, in that order. It then asked who they would want as President if they could wave a magic wand and not have to have the person win the election, and Warren was the winner.

I think Warren is the leader that Democrats want, but there is the idea out there that she can't beat Trump, so people aren't supporting her. Personally, I think that she could beat him, or lose to him, just like the others. Trump is such a wildcard that I don't think you can really predict much. For all we know, the Democratic nominee is going to win or lose regardless of who it is. I mean, think back to 2008 when Obama chose Biden as his running mate because he wanted to allay people's fears that he wasn't experienced enough (or white enough). But I think looking back now we can probably agree that Obama would have beat McCain in almost any scenario. We don't know until a time after, of course, but I don't really believe anyone who is certain of any result. I think almost any of the Democratic candidates could beat Trump, and could also be beaten by him. There's just too many variables to know for sure until the data is analyzed after.

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

This is silly

He won't, even with a Democratic Senate all it takes is a couple of moderate democrats to block her. Is Biden really going to go to bat for her, especially after her political capital is blown from coming in 3rd in Mass? Biden would prioritize his relationship with them over Warren.

1 minute ago, Jwheel86 said:

He won't, even with a Democratic Senate all it takes is a couple of moderate democrats to block her. Is Biden really going to go to bat for her, especially after her political capital is blown from coming in 3rd in Mass? Biden would prioritize his relationship with them over Warren.

Warren isn’t getting blocked from an appointment if nominated. This is such a bad take.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Chuck the Cuck

This "story" has been all Fox News has been talking about. It's hilarious watching all the right wing moronic fuckstick idiot bitchfaced fucker fuck moronic fucker nuts twitching and contorting to pretend like they actually consider this a legitimate thing to gripe about. SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER YOU TRUMP LOVING GOBLINS. You have lost the right to be outraged about any fucking thing from now untill the end of all time. Go the fuck away from here with this stupid ass shit. SHUT THE FUCK UP.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ort said:

This "story" has been all Fox News has been talking about. It's hilarious watching all the right wing moronic fuckstick idiot bitchfaced fucker fuck moronic fucker nuts twitching and contorting to pretend like they actually consider this a legitimate thing to gripe about. SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER YOU TRUMP LOVING GOBLINS. You have lost the right to be outraged about any fucking thing from now untill the end of all time. Go the fuck away from here with this stupid ass shit. SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Sure, but Chuck the schmuck is still a cuck for giving in at all with any sort of apology, you can't give an inch with these jackals. 

I often sit and ponder about just how utterly fucking stupid you would have to be to seriously consider even half of the fucking garbage that Fox News presents as legitimate news. It's mind boggling how willfully ignorant you would have to be. Like, you would almost have to make an effort to be that dumb. It would be hard.

11 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

... If Democrats have the Senate.

I'd be shocked if Mitch allowed a full cabinet of Democrats, let alone a progressive

Hasn't Trump set the precedent for perpetual "acting" directors and cabinet members? If the senate actually refused to confirm any of a Democratic President's nominees (which, sadly, I could potentially see McConnell actually try), couldn't the President simply appoint "temporary" people?

Warren is so much better than Sanders, but she doesn't energize a broad base like he does. She'll always get the credit in my mind for taking Bloomberg down. All the hatred towards her is ridiculous. The right move for her is to not endorse anyone. After Sanders treated her like dirt, I don't know if she can move past that. Endorsing Biden would seem to betray her whole argument of structural change.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

That would be impressive considering her husband is three years younger than her and her mom died when she was two. 

She (probably) married her brother to help him get his green card. Her current husband is not her brother. 

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

She (probably) married her brother to help him get his green card.

No.

In 2018, The Minneapolis Star Tribune reported that Ms. Omar showed a reporter cellphone images of documents from her family’s entry into the United States in 1995. They listed her father and siblings by order of birth, with Ms. Omar listed as the youngest of seven children. Mr. Elmi’s name did not appear in the documents. According to the couple’s marriage certificate, he is also three years younger than Ms. Omar, whose mother died when she was 2 years old.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/18/us/politics/trump-ilhan-omar-fact-check.html

10 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

When did he treat her poorly?

She accused him of calling her a liar on national TV... it was caught in a hot mic moment.  I dont think they've been cool since. Bernie doesn't seem to be a very likable dude by his colleagues.  On another topic, I know what Bernie's positions are and what he's supported and opposed over his long career. But what's his signature legislative accomplishment in the Senate since he's been there? What has he actually got DONE? I'm legit asking and not looking to start a fight or make a point:)

So here's a question:

In the last few days it seems like there has been a general sense of optimism with Biden winning (at least from what I have seen). This has come from general polls as well as specific state polls showing that the Democrats may be able to retake the Senate (maybe even with Montana). This of course, is good. So, my question is, if Biden gets ahead of the progressive vote and says he will enact M4A and do some other things (legalize marijuana, etc), is there any way that some of the extreme Sanders supporters will get on board? In 2016 it was an issue and some stayed home (though most voter for her). 

Basically, what would it take to get far-left progressives excited about Biden and out volunteering for him, etc?