The new Playstation Store is a piece of shit

HGLatinBoy

STORE.PLAYSTATION.COM

So now its a pain in the ass to look at games and check tabs for sales PS plus deals and free games. And worse of all they dropped support for PS3, PSP, and VITA purchases.  Seriously, how much of an effort is it to keep PS3 games on there. And you can't even check your old purchase as well. 

Sony arrogance rearing its ugly head again. 

Fuck you sony 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HGLatinBoy said:
STORE.PLAYSTATION.COM

So now its a pain in the ass to look at games and check tabs for sales PS plus deals and free games. And worse of all they dropped support for PS3, PSP, and VITA purchases.  Seriously, how much of an effort is it to keep PS3 games on there. And you can't even check your old purchase as well. 

Sony arrogance rearing its ugly head again. 

Fuck you sony 

calm down al pacino GIF

I don't like it, but then again I don't like the big, empty, clean, guided designs of most modern websites. They want to tell their story, their way, and customer service is always the last factor of design. Still, retool is no worse than the rest of the landscape's marketing fever dream. 

36 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

About the only thing I use the web store for is to claim PS+ titles that I'll ultimately never play, and that is definitely harder. As far as I can tell, you have to look up the games for the month, then search for them individually in the store. 

It looks like they got rid of wishlists too which I had a handful of games on my wishlist.

5 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

I opened the store, was easily able to find the game i was looking for.  Seems to be working fine.

I mean, you'd have to be pretty stupid to not be able to find a game you're looking for on a website where you can just type what game you want. What about browsing games? That's always what I spend the most time in a store doing, since obviously if I know what game I'm after it could be the worst site in the world as long as the search function works.

Just clicking around shows giant banners with tons of empty space, making it really inefficient and unpleasant to just casually browse titles. An absolutely tremendous amount of empty space for no discernible reason.

I don't think it's the worst storefront site I've ever seen, but I think Sony usually does a better job of keeping it at least relatively tight so you get lots of info on your screen. They've had a thing for big banners for the past decade or so, but this is a little silly.

Main page, literally just one game:

2fvYy10.png

Scrolling down, a few more titles

XxckhHa.png

Clicking "Games -> PS5" two awkwardly placed banners

VNW6DOi.png

Scrolling down... a giant video

0xRuNK5.png

Scrolling down, giant banners for two games at a time per screen

31PmJJf.png

It's so chunky and clunky. I honestly thought it was just a pre-launch sort of thing until the real PS5 store launches, but the PS4 store, while showing many more games at once, still seems weirdly empty?

42GOvXB.png

I was looking for a way to just... browse games. But the only option was scrolling all the way down and finding this weird "scroll more" button that you have to keep clicking over and over to show a few more games??

VYFZhh9.png

I love the fact you can go Games, PS3 Games, choose Buy Download and it just redirects to main page. It dumb enough that they remove the option to buy from the web store but if your gonna do it why not just remove the button to buy the download. They cant just be shitty but they gotta be lazy as well.

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

And you still can’t gift. It’s a shit store but whatever

Wanting  something as difficult as a gifting option 

How Dare You No GIF by Gunpowder & Sky - Find & Share on GIPHY

That kind of future tech is relegated to companies like Tesla or some suburban Moms Etsy page.

4 hours ago, TheLeon said:

About the only thing I use the web store for is to claim PS+ titles that I'll ultimately never play, and that is definitely harder. As far as I can tell, you have to look up the games for the month, then search for them individually in the store. 

The top of the page has 

Latest, Collection, Deals, Subscriptions

If you click Subscriptions, it shows all the "Free Games" of the month, of which you click on and click, Add to Library,  No more putting it in your cart and checking out, it just adds it to your Library.  Doesn't feel any more difficult at all really.

7 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

The top of the page has 

Latest, Collection, Deals, Subscriptions

If you click Subscriptions, it shows all the "Free Games" of the month, of which you click on and click, Add to Library,  No more putting it in your cart and checking out, it just adds it to your Library.  Doesn't feel any more difficult at all really.

Huh. I would have sworn that those didn't show up when I checked that tab this morning, but I guess that one's on me. Yeah, that's easy enough. 

I laughed this morning when I went to Services -> PS Plus, and it shows the games included this month. There's a button that says "get the games", but that just kept pulling up the same page and telling me to join PS Plus (I was logged in with my account that has it). 

Ex

3 hours ago, TheLeon said:

Huh. I would have sworn that those didn't show up when I checked that tab this morning, but I guess that one's on me. Yeah, that's easy enough. 

I laughed this morning when I went to Services -> PS Plus, and it shows the games included this month. There's a button that says "get the games", but that just kept pulling up the same page and telling me to join PS Plus (I was logged in with my account that has it). 

This is exactly what prompted me to make this thread. The website is awful to navigate and is bugged and won't let me get the games. I usually log-in from pc and make sure to get the games for me and my GF and also queue up the download. I had zero issue with the old store and this new store is annoying AF

Playstation HQ needs to go back to Japan 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Let's not say things we can't take back. The last motherfuckers on the planet I want designing websites are the Japanese. Jesus Christ, isn't Nintendo enough?!

The california team has implemented some new censorship polices  and even changed the X and O functions on  the japanese playstation 5