Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered is officially official

XxEvil AshxX

2 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Wait, which one? NFS3: Hot Pursuit, or just the last-gen Hot Pursuit?

Sounds like last gen, it's not NSFS3 -

3742229-2355326-nfs.jpg
WWW.GAMESPOT.COM

The remaster of the 2010 racing game will include enhanced visuals and all main DLC.

The PS1 games were the only ones I liked so officially not interested!

19 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Sounds like last gen, it's not NSFS3 -

3742229-2355326-nfs.jpg
WWW.GAMESPOT.COM

The remaster of the 2010 racing game will include enhanced visuals and all main DLC.

The PS1 games were the only ones I liked so officially not interested!

Essentially it's a remaster of a reboot lol.

My first NFS game was High Stakes on PC. One of my favorite things about it was that the circuits cost money to enter, but so did the repairs to the cars, and you had to buy the new cars from the showroom instead of winning them. So you really had to work at not only winning, but not fucking up your car in the process. Doing so would just see you spending all your money on repairs.

In retrospect, it was a bit grindy, but I didn't mind because the races were fun, and it was a blast when the cops would get called in during the middle of your race. They would chatter over the radio and you'd hear where they were placing the spike strips or the roadblocks because there were landmarks. (i.e. "Setting up a roadblock at the old ruins.") I played Hot Pursuit 2 on PS2 and it was okay, but there was something about it they messed up. I don't remember what exactly.

I don't trust EA to go with a setup like that in this day and age without gating it off behind some MTX bullshit, but back then it was pretty cool and it actually felt like you earned your way into those higher stake circuits.

I honestly can't remember if I've played this before or not. A lot of the Need for Speed games kinda blur together for me. 

It *is* kinda interesting this is coming to Switch, too. EA has been pretty lukewarm on the system, so this was a surprise. I guess Burnout Paradise: Remastered  sold well enough on Switch for EA to have another go with Nintendo.

5 hours ago, silentbob said:

I just want a NEW Burnout game 

They kind of made that. Some ex-burnout devs brought out Danger Zone 1 & 2 with lots of burnout-like crashing

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1560524014
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Danger Zone is a vehicular destruction game from seasoned genre veterans Three Fields Entertainment. Step into the shoes of a dangerous driver and cause the biggest car crashes ever seen in a video game. Danger Zone combines real physical crashes with explosive gameplay.

8 hours ago, silentbob said:

I just want a NEW Burnout game 

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

They kind of made that. Some ex-burnout devs brought out Danger Zone 1 & 2 with lots of burnout-like crashing

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1560524014
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Danger Zone is a vehicular destruction game from seasoned genre veterans Three Fields Entertainment. Step into the shoes of a dangerous driver and cause the biggest car crashes ever seen in a video game. Danger Zone combines real physical crashes with explosive gameplay.

They also made Dangerous Driving, which was pretty much a bare-bones "Can we still make a Burnout game?" kinda thing. The answer was Yes, though, so now they're making Dangerous Driving 2 which is supposed to be a more full-featured, proper Burnout spiritual successor. It was supposed to be out this holiday but because of the Coov they pushed it to next year.

Maybe one of you guys knows. So I have Games Pass and will have EA Play with it next month. What point, if any will I be able to play this for free as part of EA Play with Games Pass? Would rather just wait and play it for free if that will happen then buy it. 

26 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Maybe one of you guys knows. So I have Games Pass and will have EA Play with it next month. What point, if any will I be able to play this for free as part of EA Play with Games Pass? Would rather just wait and play it for free if that will happen then buy it. 

You get a 10 hour trial upon release. It will take some time for the game to be included with EA Play. 

46 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Typically 6 months after launch for most games it seems.

1 hour ago, Dodger said:

Games are added at EA's sole discretion.  Some games are added after 6 months, some may not come for a year or more.  Despite being launched within a week of each other, NFS:Heat was added in August and Jedi Fallen Order is still not included.