Final Fantasy XVI – Information Thread, update: PC version in "final stages of optimization', pre-release demo planned

Pikachu

11 minutes ago, Bacon said:

No, I actually think he does and you basically agree as you said next

That's contradictory. And it has nothing to do with FFXVI. Well, not exactly, he does this all the time. Just enters a thread he has no interest in and decided to take a shit and roll around in it. I know he specifically did in topics related to Mass Effect. It's his MO. I saw that he pre-ordered it and blocked him last night. Don't want the smell of shit to get in the way of a good time. So, I did specifically block him in this case because this is an FFXVI thread. If it was, let's say, a Mass Effect 4 thread, I'd block him there too if he couldn't stop the shit from spewing. Which he can't as he never actually has anything to say. Didn't care all that much before the game was about to come out, but now the is some of the game to play so I don't wanna see that shit. Again, even if he didn't like it, if he had something to actually say about other than 1 sentence and a gif, I'd be fine with that. I mean, I shit on shit I play all the time.

You can block people? How?

Just now, Biggie said:

Push the button that says Mean Person Doesn't Like and Praise a Video Game that I like.

You're not mean, you're just fucking annoying. 

I'm willing to bet most of us were edgey teenagers, average age here is probably 40. Nobody wants to deal with a petulant child. You troll here because you are probably a weak person in the outside world who cowers at any type of confrontation so you come on the internet to act like a big man because it's the only "power" you have in your life. 

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, thedarkstark said:

You're not mean, you're just fucking annoying. 

I'm willing to bet most of us were edgey teenagers, average age here is probably 40. Nobody wants to deal with a petulant child. You troll here because you are probably a weak person in the outside world who cowers at any type of confrontation so you come on the internet to act like a big man because it's the only "power" you have in your life. 

nice hypothesis but I'm just a douche bag to people who are in turn douche bags to me. I like to keep it simple.

19 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I honestly never notice him doing this? I'm being serious but I would never block someone even if he does what you're saying. Just blow by he's post and ignore him. 

Well, when you do notice you tend to respond in laughter. I prefer to not have some annoying shitter shitting up the thread. And I have just ignored him by blocking him. Can't smell the shit no more.

23 minutes ago, best3444 said:

but I would never block someone

this is apparent :p

• True 1
  • Halal 1

26 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

You can block people? How?

Hover over their username on desktop. With UBO, you can even block "You have chosen to ignore this user" by blocking that specific element. Right now the only time I see Biggie posts is if he gets quoted.

On mobile, you can click the hamburger lines > account > ignored users >  and then enter the user's name in the text box. If you use Firefox mobile you can install UBO and do the same trick there. Well, any browser that lets you remove elements or install UBO can do that as well.

• Hugs 1

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Hover over their username on desktop. With UBO, you can even block "You have chosen to ignore this user" by blocking that specific element. Right now the only time I see Biggie posts is if he get's quoted.

On mobile, you can click the hamburger lines > account > ignored users >  and then enter the user's name in the text box. If you use FF mobile you can install UBO and do the same trick there.

I completely forgot. I DID have to block Andrea at one point so I take back what I said! Block him and enjoy FF16. I'm still at the fuckin garage and want to get the fuck home to play it. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

I completely forgot. I DID have to block Andrea at one point so I take back what I said! Block him and enjoy FF16. I'm still at the fuckin garage and want to get the fuck home to play it. 

Hope you get to play it soon. I really enjoyed it.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Hover over their username on desktop. With UBO, you can even block "You have chosen to ignore this user" by blocking that specific element. Right now the only time I see Biggie posts is if he gets quoted.

On mobile, you can click the hamburger lines > account > ignored users >  and then enter the user's name in the text box. If you use Firefox mobile you can install UBO and do the same trick there. Well, any browser that lets you remove elements or install UBO can do that as well.

Thank you good sir, that unpleasant buzzing in my ear is now gone.

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

Man, you know people are heavily reminded of GoT when they immediately think Clive is a bastard child instead of just not the Pheonix. Like, even the devs saw the confusion and immediately made it obvious that he is blood-related. And so many people near the end of the demo thought the Lord Commander is as to be outed as a bad guy cuz of that head nod.

Also, Strangers of Paradise is fuckin' hard @stepee

• Haha 1

Pretty sure SE didn't say shit officially. Even in the live stream where they played in Performance mode they never said "60fps" or "60 frames a second". They said that it favors framerate and that is it. It was other people and especially journalists who had been assuming it was an actual 6fps mode. SE said nothin'

For PS5 games, I think Horizon holds the title of best looking game by a fair margin.

But I agree with @Spork3245 that the handling of HDR (or maybe just the art direction around it) in FFXVI is pretty stunning. The blacks and the contrast with the light sources immediately grabbed my attention and the game wow'ed far more visually than I had expected from the (non HDR) trailers.

10 hours ago, best3444 said:

Nah. Biggies post do not bother me at all. He has an opinion on the demo and is allowed to post about it. I'm not sure I can even play this tonight because I have to take my car to the garage. 

I really want to see this shit.

He doesn’t have an opinion, he just spews shit.

9 hours ago, best3444 said:

8 hours ago, best3444 said:

I honestly never notice him doing this? I'm being serious but I would never block someone even if he does what you're saying. Just blow by he's post and ignore him. 

How can you not notice him doing it? Its constant. I like to argue with @Baconbecause i think his criticism of some stuff is ridiculous, nitpicking to the point of absurdity, but at least they are rooted in reality. He doesn’t just shitpost and make things worse. He’s fine when its a game he’s interested in, but otherwise he behaves like an annoying child and makes the overall conversation worse.

6 hours ago, Biggie said:

Can you imagine how fragile you have to be in order to block someone because they don’t like or enjoy the same video game as you lol. Are they 13?

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Again, its not because you don’t like it, its because you behave like a moron and offer no valid criticism. If you talked about what you don’t like, we’d probably have a great discussion around it. But clearly you’re not capable of critical thought or analysis, instead you troll and make the thread worse for everyone else.

• True 1

13 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Well that was a fun little movie i just played.

Posted this earlier but worth dropping again now that the demo is out:

final-fantasy-16.jpg
GAMERANT.COM

Square Enix producer Naoki Yoshida reveals that the upcoming Final Fantasy 16 will have several hours of cutscenes.

It sounds like it might be pretty front-loaded with story cutscenes though. 

• Shocked 1

6 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Again, its not because you don’t like it, its because you behave like a moron and offer no valid criticism. If you talked about what you don’t like, we’d probably have a great discussion around it. But clearly you’re not capable of critical thought or analysis, instead you troll and make the thread worse for everyone else.

But I do like it. I’m pre-ordering it. So now what? 

7 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

He doesn’t have an opinion, he just spews shit.

How can you not notice him doing it? Its constant. I like to argue with @Baconbecause i think his criticism of some stuff is ridiculous, nitpicking to the point of absurdity, but at least they are rooted in reality. He doesn’t just shitpost and make things worse. He’s fine when its a game he’s interested in, but otherwise he behaves like an annoying child and makes the overall conversation worse.

Listen. It's a small message board and we are talking about a videogame. I personally enjoy Biggies post because he makes me laugh 95% of the time. I don't give two shits if he hates on a game I like. I usually am laughing at his insane comments. I like biggie and the stuff he doess entertains me.

Block him or ignore him if you don't like what he says or doesn't say. You guys take this shit entirely too seriously. 

• Hugs 1