Rumor mill: PS5 event first half of September, RE8 turning out great, RE4 fans will have to wait, RE2/3/7 not coming to Switch, Silent Hill still in development, Monster Hunter Switch to be revealed soon, Shenmue-related thing next week

SaysWho?

45 minutes ago, heydude93 said:

What are the potential disadvantages for Sony if they launch first? 

It's not the launch, it's the price. To reveal a launch date without a price so people can preorder would be weird, but neither wants to reveal their price first because then the other can just go, "Ha! You can get our console for $100 dollars less!". If the current pandemic wasn't happening, and E3 hadn't been cancelled, the press conferences would have been set, so more then likely the price and release dates would have been revealed at those. 

3 minutes ago, heydude93 said:

For clarification by launch I meant everything starting when they reveal all deets up to launch day, by bad

Aren't they kinda already doing that though

But we don't know the exact date. We know it's this fall, but is it October? November? What day? 

1 minute ago, heydude93 said:

For clarification by launch I meant everything starting when they reveal all deets up to launch day, by bad

Aren't they kinda already doing that though

MS already dropped the November release date because it leaked on their controller boxes. The existence of the Series S was also pretty much confirmed through the same leak so it's weird that MS let Gamescom go by without an announcement. 

On 8/29/2020 at 6:19 PM, Brick said:

But we don't know the exact date. We know it's this fall, but is it October? November? What day? 

Not an exact date but we know it's scheduled to drop near the end of the year, which is a vague release date, I guess.

On 8/29/2020 at 6:19 PM, XxEvil AshxX said:

MS already dropped the November release date because it leaked on their controller boxes. The existence of the Series S was also pretty much confirmed through the same leak so it's weird that MS let Gamescom go by without an announcement. 

Now I'm extra confused why there still seems to be a stalemate between them.  :lol: Ah well, who knows.

More of an on topic question: Anyone know how legit these rumors of Sony bringing back The Getaway are?

6 minutes ago, heydude93 said:

Not an exact date but we know it's scheduled to drop near the end of the year, which is a vague release date, I guess.

Now I'm extra confused as to why there still seems to be a stalemate between them.  :lol: Ah well, who knows.

More of an on topic question: Anyone know how legit these rumors of Sony bringing back The Getaway are?

i wouldn't be surprised to see a Getaway remake... the Devs that did Blood and Truth are also the ones that did The Getaway and in fact Blood and Truth was originally called The Getaway. Since Blood and Truth is a hit, I wouldn't be surprised to see Sony giving them the greenlight to ressurect The Getaway. I never played it back in the day but always wanted to.

55 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

i wouldn't be surprised to see a Getaway remake... the Devs that did Blood and Truth are also the ones that did The Getaway and in fact Blood and Truth was originally called The Getaway. Since Blood and Truth is a hit, I wouldn't be surprised to see Sony giving them the greenlight to ressurect The Getaway. I never played it back in the day but always wanted to.

Final question maybe: How legit is Gamerant? Am I hogbonkers or does a lot more news break on the smaller gaming sites now compared to several years ago (the RDR2 map leak also comes to mind)? 

58 minutes ago, heydude93 said:

Final question maybe: How legit is Gamerant? Am I hogbonkers or does a lot more news break on the smaller gaming sites now compared to several years ago (the RDR2 map leak also comes to mind)? 

Gamerant is about as legit as Screenrant I think :p

The smaller sites tend to post a LOT of speculative rumors and they are occasionally right. I find them to be full of shit for the most part.

I’d still think that too if not for all the major stories breaking first on sites that seem like clickbait. Pretty sure that RDR2 map leak broke on an actual clickbait site too. It was in 2016 at least, now I have no idea. At least I won’t be confusing Gamerant with clickbait anymore.

14858219.png

Shenmue Anime

At the iconic annual "Virtual Crunchyroll Expo" (held for the first time in digital format), Crunchyroll announced the new partnership with the Adult Swim platform for the production of "Shenmue" - an original anime series based on the franchise of the beloved counterpart game SEGA.

This co-production will be broadcast globally outside of Japan and mainland China on the Crunchyroll and Adult Swim platforms.

"The first Shenmue video game was released more than 20 years ago and we are excited to work with Adult Swim again to bring this franchise to life through the anime series. We look forward to showing our fans more of this action-packed adventure series, ”said Sarah Victor, head of Crunchyroll Development.

Shenmue is a 13-episode anime series that chronicles the adventure of Ryo Hazuki. After witnessing his father's murder, Ryo dedicates his life to searching for the killer - a mission that takes him from the Japanese streets of Yokosuka to beyond the Hong Kong metropolis. In search of revenge, he will soon find out that mystical forces are involved, and in the meantime he is training to become an expert in martial arts.

"The Shenmue world is fascinating and unique, and we're excited to work with Yu Suzuki (the game's creator) to turn his epic creation into anime and make bestial martial arts," said Jason DeMarco, creative director of Adult Swim.

The production of Crunchyroll and Adult Swim "Shenmue" is directed by Sakurai Chikara in the Telecom Animation Film studios, managed by Sola Entertainment. Video game creator Yu Suzuki is also on the team as executive producer.

Recent collaborations between Crunchyroll and Adult Swim include "Fena - Pirate Princess" and "Blade Runner - Black Lotus". Fans eager to see the launch announcement can register for a free Virtual Crunchyroll Expo badge on crunchyrollexpo.com and can access the Crunchyroll Industry Panel in the V-CRX On-Demand section

Shenmue Anime

At the iconic annual "Virtual Crunchyroll Expo" (held for the first time in digital format), Crunchyroll announced the new partnership with the Adult Swim platform for the production of "Shenmue" - an original anime series based on the franchise of the beloved counterpart game SEGA.

This co-production will be broadcast globally outside of Japan and mainland China on the Crunchyroll and Adult Swim platforms.

"The first Shenmue video game was released more than 20 years ago and we are excited to work with Adult Swim again to bring this franchise to life through the anime series. We look forward to showing our fans more of this action-packed adventure series, ”said Sarah Victor, head of Crunchyroll Development.

Shenmue is a 13-episode anime series that chronicles the adventure of Ryo Hazuki. After witnessing his father's murder, Ryo dedicates his life to searching for the killer - a mission that takes him from the Japanese streets of Yokosuka to beyond the Hong Kong metropolis. In search of revenge, he will soon find out that mystical forces are involved, and in the meantime he is training to become an expert in martial arts.

"The Shenmue world is fascinating and unique, and we're excited to work with Yu Suzuki (the game's creator) to turn his epic creation into anime and make bestial martial arts," said Jason DeMarco, creative director of Adult Swim.

The production of Crunchyroll and Adult Swim "Shenmue" is directed by Sakurai Chikara in the Telecom Animation Film studios, managed by Sola Entertainment. Video game creator Yu Suzuki is also on the team as executive producer.

Recent collaborations between Crunchyroll and Adult Swim include "Fena - Pirate Princess" and "Blade Runner - Black Lotus". Fans eager to see the launch announcement can register for a free Virtual Crunchyroll Expo badge on crunchyrollexpo.com and can access the Crunchyroll Industry Panel in the V-CRX On-Demand section

Fucking noob

• Guillotine 1

Nice to read that about RE8. The trailer didn't do shit for me initially but that dev explanation video, or whatever they called it, actually got me really excited for the game, it looked great.

RE4R is a bit shrug from me so far, just don't see what they're going to improve here besides graphics and I don't really care about that personally.