Can someone please explain the Dihydrogen monoxide to me?

Remarkableriots

4 hours ago, Rachel said:

It’s all just gimmicks. Your tap water is treated and fine. People act like it’s the devil but it’s safe and clean. Some people have to walk for miles to get dirty ecoli infested water that they carry in a bucket. Having clean safe water on demand in our homes is pretty great. 

Flint Michigan fucking hates you right now

4 hours ago, Rachel said:

It’s all just gimmicks. Your tap water is treated and fine. People act like it’s the devil but it’s safe and clean. Some people have to walk for miles to get dirty ecoli infested water that they carry in a bucket. Having clean safe water on demand in our homes is pretty great. 

There are still many areas in America that have issues with lead lines, so that is not universally true. I live in a white, middle class city neighborhood with moderately high density and my unit still had lead lines as of last year (when they were finally replaced). 

I just moved to a upper middle class suburb in NJ a year ago and the water is somehow fucking disgusting. I thought it would be a step up from JC, but it was a massive step down. They just finished getting over a massive lead problem.

11 minutes ago, Jose said:

I just moved to a upper middle class suburb in NJ a year ago and the water is somehow fucking disgusting. I thought it would be a step up from JC, but it was a massive step down. They just finished getting over a massive lead problem.

Humble brag much?  

People are dying right now, Jose!!

I have a special sink faucet (as in, in addition to the regular sink faucet) that pulls water through a high-quality filter below the sink.

Before when I lived in an apartment, we had one of those screw-on faucet Pur water filters which kind of suck and end up being a bitch to take off it turns out. I much prefer the new solution.