S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl (PC/Xbox Series | 05 September 2024) - Information Thread, update: "Not a Paradise" trailer

Pikachu

That just seems like a fancy way of saying “we’ll use your likeness for an NPC”. I get that NFTs are dumb and so are the people who spend money on them, but people spend dumb money on shit in games all the time. How is this different, other than using an easily hate-able buzzword?

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Yeah this doesn’t affect my interest in the game. Just some dumb shit I’ll ignore, doesn’t seem like it will matter.

My thoughts exactly. I really look forward to this sucker. It should look absolutely stunning running on the unreal engine 5. I'm buying this day one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Pikachu changed the title to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl (8 December 2022) - Information Thread, update: Delayed
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl (8 December 2022) - Information Thread, update: Delayed to 08 December 2022
9 minutes ago, best3444 said:

The only games I know coming out is Elden Ring and Horizon Forbidden West. I guess it's not really known what's coming later in the year.

SIFU, KOF and the new Destiny 2 expansion (in addition to the two games you mentioned) all coming out in February. So a pretty packed month.

Then Triangle Strategy, Gran Turismo, Stranger of Paradise, and Kirby in March.

Starfield in November, Forspoken in May (if you care) and Saints Row bitch in August.

13 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

SIFU, KOF and the new Destiny 2 expansion (in addition to the two games you mentioned) all coming out in February. So a pretty packed month.

Then Triangle Strategy, Gran Turismo, Stranger of Paradise, and Kirby in March.

Starfield in November, Forspoken in May (if you care) and Saints Row bitch in August.

Decent not great. Starfield has my interest big time.

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It's probably in a state that makes the initial release of the first game look like a well-polished masterpiece in comparison.

We are gonna have to buy the game on steam for workshop mods to fix the game.

Edit: Big brain strats release the game on PC first. Let modders fix it. Pay to license mods release modded version on consoles 

• 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl (8 December 2022) - Information Thread, update: game renamed to reflect Ukrainian spelling of region
ugrjsu8JksB3kumb6XwubY-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Due to the two countries' histories certain elements of language are politically charged.

Russian forces have invaded Ukraine and the war has now been ongoing for 19 days. Stalker developer GSC Game World is based in the Ukrainian capital city Kyiv, which is currently under attack, and since the beginning of the war has condemned the 'inhuman cruelty' of the invasion and paused development on Stalker 2.

Today the Steam entry for Stalker 2 was updated, and has changed the sequel's subtitle to Heart of Chornobyl. This change has affected most of its Steam entries and description, though the original 'Heart of Chernobyl' spelling can still be seen on promotional art and some listings.

There's no statement about the change, but the reason behind it is almost certainly that Chornobyl is the Ukrainian spelling for the region, whereas Chernobyl is the Russian spelling.

• Ukraine 1

• 1 month later...
ugrjsu8JksB3kumb6XwubY-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

The Ukrainian studio ceased operations in Russia in March.

Russia's ongoing invasion of Ukraine has had an enormous impact on studios and independent developers anywhere near the conflict. Stalker 2 developer GSC Game World was based in the Ukrainian capital city Kyiv, but is currently in the process of relocating to Prague, and in March ceased all operations in Russia.

GSC has since the start of the war condemned the "inhuman cruelty" of the invasion and been explicit about this being a question of survival for its employees and their families. The studio has paused development on Stalker 2 for the moment—though did update the Steam entry to change the word Chornobyl to reflect the Ukrainian spelling). The game's official website was also updated with a message of support for Ukraine and a link for aid donations. 

The latter gesture may seem relatively minor in the context of an ongoing war in Europe, but not if you're the Prosecutor General's Office of the Russian Federation (thanks, xgp). As reported by the Ria Novosti news agency, a state-owned Russian outlet, on March 18 the Russian authorities demanded that access to the Stalker 2 website be restricted in Russia, in a tit-for-tat move that may also be linked to GSC's decision to cease operations in the country.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl (8 December 2022) - Information Thread, update: official website banned by Prosecutor General's Office of the Russian Federation
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl (8 December 2022) - Information Thread, update: GSC Game World announces that production has resumed!
  • 4 weeks later...