COVID-19 Judgement Day official thread

https://screenrant.com/movie-theaters-amc-regal-showcase-reduce-capacity-tickets-seats-coronavirus/

AMC Theatres, Regal Cinemas, and Showcase Cinemas are reducing capacity in their theaters by 50% due to coronavirus. The coronavirus, or COVID-19, has been spreading globally and halting everyday life, closing schools, businesses, and events. Coronavirus has had a visible impact on the entertainment industry as well. In fact, Netflix has just announced that it would suspend the production of its movies and TV shows in both the U.S. and Canada for at least two weeks. This includes Stranger Things season 4.

I feel like there should a separate entertainment thread for all movies, shows, theaters, etc that are affected by COVID-19. Because stories like this are going to continue to come in and there should be one place to keep track of them all.

Anyways, my city’s local indie theater just announced that they’ll be closing their doors for the time being. This is a real bummer, because it’s by far the best theater around here, but it’s for the best. Hopefully they can bounce back once they reopen.

3 hours ago, sexy_shapiro said:

I feel like their should a separate entertainment thread for all movies, shows, theaters, etc that are affected by COVID-19. Because stories like this are going to continue to come in and there should be one place to keep track of them all.

Anyways, my city’s local indie theater just announced that they’ll be closing their doors for the time being. This is a real bummer, because it’s by far the best theater around here, but it’s for the best. Hopefully they can bounce back once they reopen.

We could use this thread for that.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

all these delays and production shut downs are understandable, but it sucks. All those Disney+ shows :cry: and New Mutants delayed again :lol: seriously I don't think that movie is ever coming out 

I’m starting to suspect that New Mutants is a long-running joke and not an actual movie.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, sexy_shapiro said:

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2020/03/16/universals-making-some-of-its-current-releases-available-on-streaming

Universal will be releasing their theatrical titles for streaming earlier than intended.

I would pay 20 dollars for a movie I’m interested in. I already have to pay 14 dollars for my ticket at non-matinee times anyways 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, johnny said:

I would pay 20 dollars for a movie I’m interested in. I already have to pay 14 dollars for my ticket at non-matinee times anyways 

If Universal released Fast and Furious 9 now for streaming I would totally pay 19.99 to rent that. The other movies I wanna see, but am fine waiting for a few months.

22 hours ago, TwinIon said:

This is a good reminder to cancel my AMC A-List membership. I do kinda wonder if they're going to try and do something with the streaming part of it, but I probably won't keep my sub to find out.

My membership got automatically suspended.

If you haven’t seen (and if anyone carries it) I highly suggest Raising Hope Title even helps but god did this provide some great laughs for me and my family. My mom and I binged watched the first season in 2 days, which raised our spirits after having to put my dog down (cancer from about 9 years ago) Plus What We Do In The Shadows movie/tv show are amazing. Plus some classic Animaniacs before the new season comes out. . . . which they should do now if they are done Warner Bros

12 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So what is everyone watching? I have pretty much every streaming platform known to man and I'm looking for some light hearted comedy fare to cheer me up. Both Avenue 5 and Curb are done so I need something else... any suggestions?

Even though I watched both last year, I'm probably going to go into the Frasier/Seinfeld well again because they're big feel-good shows for me.

I've been thinking of subscribing to HBO Go at some point (have some movies on the backlog to watch with the lady) to watch Veep. I watched two seasons that were available on Amazon Prime and loved it, but I need to watch the rest!

19 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So what is everyone watching? I have pretty much every streaming platform known to man and I'm looking for some light hearted comedy fare to cheer me up. Both Avenue 5 and Curb are done so I need something else... any suggestions?

What did you think of Avenue 5? I thought it was meh at first and then started to pick up in the second half. 

8 minutes ago, johnny said:

What did you think of Avenue 5? I thought it was meh at first and then started to pick up in the second half. 

I love Avenue 5. I thought it was meh at first too but it's a slow burn and it fund its stride. Episode 8 is one of the funniest single episodes of TV I've seen in a long time. And this show has accomplished the impossible... It actually made me LIKE Josh Gad :shock: He's actually funny in this.

14 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I love Avenue 5. I thought it was meh at first too but it's a slow burn and it fund its stride. Episode 8 is one of the funniest single episodes of TV I've seen in a long time. And this show has accomplished the impossible... It actually made me LIKE Josh Gad :shock: He's actually funny in this.

Excellent episode. I also loved the one with the beeping noise in the ship :lol:

My favorite thing right now is Devs on (FX on) Hulu. I wish the whole season was out, because after 4, I really didn't want to stop watching. 

I recently subbed to HBO to watch The Outsider and Avenue 5. I liked both of those. I plan on watching The Plot Against America as it airs. I keep hearing about Succession, but I watched the first episode and really hated every single character. 

25 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

My favorite thing right now is Devs on (FX on) Hulu. I wish the whole season was out, because after 4, I really didn't want to stop watching. 

I recently subbed to HBO to watch The Outsider and Avenue 5. I liked both of those. I plan on watching The Plot Against America as it airs. I keep hearing about Succession, but I watched the first episode and really hated every single character. 

I'm waiting for Devs and The Plot Against America to get a couple of eps out before I start watching. It's very hard for me to watch episodes one at a time these days. On HBO if you like Documentaries, check out McMillions. It fizzles a bit towards the end and probably didn't need to be as many episodes as it was, but it's very good.