COVID-19 Judgement Day official thread

Lots of DC stuff affected: https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/the-batman-2021-cancelled-delayed-wonder-woman-1984-the-flash-supergirl-titans-coronavirus

Listing the ones I care about, production for all the entire Arrowverse is halted. The season finales of Flash, Supergirl, and Batwoman are at risk, but Black Lightning and Legends are going on hiatus for a couple of extra weeks. I saw in a different article that Supergirl's season finale only had a couple of scenes left to do so that may be salvageable once the post production people are back but a big ? on what'll happen to the other two, although supposedly there's a rumor for Flash that they'll provide resolution as part of next season's production, and the shows are all renewed, so barring key actors not returning next season that seems like a decent enough solution.

Also, I saw separately that the series finale of Supernatural may not happen because of this.

My buddy is a writer/producer on Animal Kingdom and they are continuing writing scripts for the next season. They won't be going into production anytime soon, but they will have the scripts ready to go once work resumes. The town is virtually at a halt right now. I had another friend who had a movie that he wrote about to go into production with Dolph Lundgren directing and that was halted too. What's Ironic is that I've been working in News since the beginning of the year so I'm still working fortunately. The unfortunate part is that I still have to travel into the city to do the work.

https://screenrant.com/movie-theaters-may-open-free-coronavirus-shutdown/

In an interview with Screen Rant, NATO's chief communications officer Patrick Corcoran suggested movie theaters may open for free when they're back up and running again. That idea is taking a cue from some theaters that have been able to reopen in China and have done so at no cost to the consumer while showing old movies. If movie theaters have the stability of money coming in the form of loans or a bailout, it may not be a bad idea to remind consumers why it's exciting to see movies on a big screen or with a large group of people.

@sblfilms

• 2 weeks later...