Spotting CNN on a TV Aboard Air Force One, Trump Rages Against Reality

On the first couple’s recent trip overseas, Melania Trump’s television aboard Air Force One was tuned to CNN. President Trump was not pleased.

He raged at his staff for violating a rule that the White House entourage should begin each trip tuned to Fox — his preferred network over what he considers the “fake news” CNN — and caused “a bit of a stir” aboard Air Force One, according to an email obtained by The New York Times. The email, an internal exchange between officials in the White House Military Office and the White House Communications Agency last Thursday, also called for the ordering of two additional televisions to support Beam, a TiVo-like streaming device, to make sure the president and first lady could both watch TV in their separate hotel rooms when they travel.

At the end of the email chain, officials confirmed that tuning the TVs to Fox would be standard operating procedure going forward.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/24/us/politics/trump-putin-cnn.html

8 hours ago, MarSolo said:

As I said in the other thread, you can tell a marriage is going well when a couple is getting separate hotel rooms.

Erica Scoville and her husband Mike never thought they’d be trend-setters. But the Richland, Washington, couple are part of an ever-growing number of happily married people who sleep in separate beds. Whether it’s due to snoring, blanket-, pillow-, or bed-hogging, the TODAY "Snooze or Lose" sleep survey found that slightly less than half of couples sleep separately in order to get enough rest to function the next day. Erica, 41, an accountant, and Mike, 46, a sales person, actually settled on separate rooms, which according to the realty industry, isn’t all that unusual today, either.

While sleeping separately may not be for everybody, Erica Scoville explains how she and her husband make it work.

https://www.today.com/health/happily-united-separate-rooms-why-my-husband-i-sleep-apart-t104101

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dodger said:

Yes because you want that to be the case, that is definitely the case. Good detective work.

It's not that I want it to be the case, it's all the compiled and aggregate proof and evidence of their marriage for the past 2 years, this fact just being the latest in a long line of facts. Almost everyone here would agree with me.

Yes, I'm speculating, but based on a lot of evidence. It'd be harder to prove me wrong than right at this point. 

Just now, Greatoneshere said:

It's not that I want it to be the case, it's all the compiled and aggregate proof and evidence of their marriage for the past 2 years, this fact just being the latest in a long line of facts. Almost everyone here would agree with me.

Yes, I'm speculating, but based on a lot of evidence. It'd be harder to prove me wrong than right at this point. 

You would all agree because you all hate Trump and hope that his wife hates him as much as you guys do because you hope that he is secretly miserable and hated by those close to him.

4 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Yes because you want that to be the case, that is definitely the case. Good detective work.

Yeah Milania is totally cool with being publicly humiliated and her husband's infidelities and subsequent payments to keep those infidelities quiet being made public. She has NO problem with this and they are just sharing different beds and largely different lives because they REALLY love each other and are devoted to one another. That MUST be it.

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah Milania is totally cool with being publicly humiliated and her husband's infidelities and subsequent payments to keep those infidelities quiet being made public. She has NO problem with this and they are just sharing different beds and largely different lives because they REALLY love each other and are devoted to one another. That MUST be it.

Hilary Clinton seems to be doing fine other than the whole not being president thing.

Just now, Dodger said:

Hilary Clinton seems to be doing fine other than the whole not being president thing.

?

It's pretty well-known that her and Bill have a loveless marriage that exists only for political reasons. The same is true of Melanie and Trump, only for monetary reasons. Or do you actually believe they love each other and get along?

9 minutes ago, Dodger said:

You would all agree because you all hate Trump and hope that his wife hates him as much as you guys do because you hope that he is secretly miserable and hated by those close to him.

What sense does that make?

She avoids holding his hand, rarely makes public appearances happily alongside her husband, hasn't publicly commented on any of Trump's problems or issues, and Trump treats her like trash, forgetting her name on Twitter, failing to treat her with respect or love, and being upset she watches CNN. And she always looks miserable/like she's been kidnapped/taken hostage.

It's because they hate each other, or she at least hates him. She didn't even move to DC in forever and they now sleep in separate hotel beds. Sometimes I think you're willfully dense. 

Honestly, I think that almost all Presidential marriages are based on lies of one sort or another. By the time you become President you a husk of the human being you once were. Some people seem to make it through, such as Obama, but even his marriage suffered as a result of his quick political climb. Now imagine having to slog through politics for 20-40 years before attaining the Presidency. I mean, I've read that JFK and Jackie were basically divorced while he was President. I think you are wrong in believing we are letting politics cloud our judgement here, Dodger.

I never said anything about how happy they are. It's you guys who make remarks that his marriage must be in shambles, because you really hope that to be true. I don't buy for one second you guys are objective about it either. I read this board every day, you guys aren't objective about anything Trump does. So don't tell me you suddenly are when examining his marriage.

Oh, please. Any intelligent human being can take a quick look at that marriage and know it's got major problems. She's a model who married and old, rich dude for money, she never wanted to be FLOTUS, all his infidelities have been dragged out for the world to see, she's been embarrassed multiple times by him, he treats her like crap, doesn't hold doors for her, doesn't wait for her when boarding or disembarking a car/plane, she rarely speaks up for him, she doesn't hold his hand. I mean, I could go on and on. 

Like him or not, the state of the marriage is plain to anyone who has eyeballs and a functioning brain.

I never said anything about how happy they are. It's you guys who make remarks that his marriage must be in shambles, because you really hope that to be true. I don't buy for one second you guys are objective about it either. I read this board every day, you guys aren't objective about anything Trump does. So don't tell me you suddenly are when examining his marriage.

Whatever you say, jigs.

7 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

You're likely not being objective in defending Trump since everyone figures you voted for him anyway. So what?

3rd Most Anti-Trump User

Let's review. The article mentions that Trump and Melania sleep in separate beds. First reply mentions their marriage. Remarkable riots posts an article about how it's not uncommon for couples to sleep in separate beds or rooms and be happy. You immediately respond with a girl stretching, because you love to claim people are stretching or shifting goals the second anything you believe is challenged. The next 2 replies are about how the marriage must be in trouble. Yes, clearly the objectivity is all on your side.

The objectivity lies in all the fucking evidence that fucking anyone can see.

Jeeeesus. You're insane. 

My in-laws generally sleep in separate beds, because he snores and he tosses and turns all night with his back issues. He's never cheated on her and he doesn't treat her like shit and they're very affectionate on a daily basis. 

The evidence would suggest otherwise for the Trumps.

3rd Most Anti-Trump User

Let's review. The article mentions that Trump and Melania sleep in separate beds. First reply mentions their marriage. Remarkable riots posts an article about how it's not uncommon for couples to sleep in separate beds or rooms and be happy. You immediately respond with a girl stretching, because you love to claim people are stretching or shifting goals the second anything you believe is challenged. The next 2 replies are about how the marriage must be in trouble. Yes, clearly the objectivity is all on your side.

Yes, I'm making fun of heyyou claiming he was the most anti-Trump user and redsoxfan used to have "2nd most" as his title.

You just deflected: you defend Trump and his policies frequently when you post on the board. What about you is objective? Who are you to be the arbiter when you've never been objective or really made intelligent, well thought-out posts that made people think? You're not even mustering any kind of intelligent argument about why someone might be wrong and instead attacking their motives, which is humorous considering you can't even admit you voted for Trump thinking he'd improve your life or something.

Remember that, when you used to be a Democratic hack instead of a Trump hack, all you would do was spam your Kefka icon when a Republican said something stupid. At what point did you become a thoughtful objective user? Let us know the moment.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Yes, I'm making fun of heyyou claiming he was the most anti-Trump user and redsoxfan used to have "2nd most" as his title.

You just deflected: you defend Trump and his policies frequently when you post on the board. What about you is objective? Who are you to be the arbiter when you've never been objective or really made intelligent, well thought-out posts that made people think? You're not even mustering any kind of intelligent argument about why someone might be wrong and instead attacking their motives, which is humorous considering you can't even admit you voted for Trump thinking he'd improve your life or something.

Remember that, when you used to be a Democratic hack instead of a Trump hack, all you would do was spam your Kefka icon when a Republican said something stupid. At what point did you become a thoughtful objective user? Let us know the moment.

dodger_d1p_center.gif.386cc66493b3e3a8d2

You just deflected your deflection. Now you're personally attacking me. Ha that Dodger isn't objective at all, I sure owned him! I remember when he used to be a liberal hack, God I'm making such a great post and totally owning him. How dare he questions my motives, I bet he really voted for Trump, and then as I always do, I'm going to pretend I know all his motivations in life and why he does everything he does!

Mental note: Guywhopredictsthingswrongly really, really doesn't like being called out on his bullshit. You better have a clean posting history or that time you admitted to farting in an elevator 8 years ago will be used against you as his masterfully dodges anything resembling a point and attacks your credibility to get around having any actual argument in his favor.

11 minutes ago, Dodger said:

You just deflected your deflection. Now you're personally attacking me. Ha that Dodger isn't objective at all, I sure owned him! I remember when he used to be a liberal hack, God I'm making such a great post and totally owning him. How dare he questions my motives, I bet he really voted for Trump, and then as I always do, I'm going to pretend I know all his motivations in life and why he does everything he does!

Mental note: Guywhopredictsthingswrongly really, really doesn't like being called out on his bullshit. You better have a clean posting history or that time you admitted to farting in an elevator 8 years ago will be used against you as his masterfully dodges anything resembling a point and attacks your credibility to get around having any actual argument in his favor.

Dodger seems to get upset when people do what he does back to him rofl (by that I mean I'm calling you out on your bullshit, which I feel I have to point out as I'm not sure you would have caught on).

Anyway, nowhere here did you show that you're being objective or why you're objective, and since you haven't denied it, I'm glad the guy in the closet for Trump is here to spread his objectivity to the rest of the board. What else would you like to share since you can't muster why the marriage is likely good and can only question motives?

44 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Dodger seems to get upset when people do what he does back to him rofl (by that I mean I'm calling you out on your bullshit, which I feel I have to point out as I'm not sure you would have caught on).

Anyway, nowhere here did you show that you're being objective or why you're objective, and since you haven't denied it, I'm glad the guy in the closet for Trump is here to spread his objectivity to the rest of the board. What else would you like to share since you can't muster why the marriage is likely good and can only question motives?

Boy you really hate me don't you. Which is weird, because I used to like you. Even sent you that game one time. But I guess occasionally supporting a politician you really hate (your title might be a joke, but it's also true) is enough to make you flip your shit and follow me around anytime I make a post you don't like and then promptly bring up everything I've ever said in the past to try and discredit what I'm saying instead of making any sort of rational point. To the point where it's frankly weird and creepy that the second I say anything remotely pro-Trump I can set a stop watch to how quickly you will respond to me by mentioning things I've said years ago. So what's your obsession with me? Show me on the doll where I hurt you. Or are you just that fucking insane?

As for Trump's marriage, none of us know how happy they are because we aren't there. Plenty of marriages have survived infidelity and the people are happy. While I'm sure Melania would prefer to have never been cheated on, it's not exactly rare to see rich, powerful, high status men cheat on their wives and their marriages survive.

2 hours ago, Dodger said:

You were the first person in this thread that explicitly mentioned their unhappiness with each other. Hell, you even used the word hate multiple times.

No one else is speaking like that, at least not until you lowered the discourse. You’re literally shouting at a mirror.