What are you playing today?

27 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Played 3 hours of Cyberpunk and just focused on the story. I'm thinking I'm nearing the conclusion but who knows.

Overall, atm, I'd give this game an 7.5/10. 

Oddly enough I've been using a shotgun basically throughout my time with the game and there is no upgrade tree for shotguns.... Odd but whatever. 

Just finish the game so you can prove @Keyser_Sozewrong!

Finally put in credit card info to do the $1 + 2 months of free gamepass (i hate that it requires it)…

downloaded the Tunic, Carrion, and Tetris Effect… unsurprisingly im still trash at Tetris, had to call in the big huns (ze wife) to see it really rock.

Gamepass is not bad, even looking at it as a way to demo certain games

I just played a bit of like 30 different arcade games last night on the deck. It’s going to be so great having all of this ready on a handheld now for whenever I get a craving to just play a bit of a certain game, which usually comes up a couple times a week for me.

Just now, best3444 said:

@Biggie I beat Cyberpunk today. Took 40 hours but the overall game was cool and unique. It's still not perfect and rough around the edges but it's a very solid title at its current state.

8/10 for me. I'm glad I stuck it out and finished it.

The story kind of struggles to be gripping during the last third then right towards the end things really picky up but then it’s over. I’m hoping the expansion picks up off that steam and delivers something narratively interesting. 

13 minutes ago, stepee said:

The story kind of struggles to be gripping during the last third then right towards the end things really picky up but then it’s over. I’m hoping the expansion picks up off that steam and delivers something narratively interesting. 

Yea, the ending was fantastic with great combat. It ended very nicely.

Finally got a System 32 set and played a bunch of those last night, mostly Golden Axe 2 and Spider-man. I always wanted a handheld System 32 collection because those games never got home ports and graphically fit into an interesting place where 16 bit consoles couldn’t handle them but were considered too low tech for 32bit since they weren’t 3D. And yeah, deck is a great place for them. I really like some of the scaling tricks with the high res pixel art.

Sega should still do a collection though (without Spider-man unless they can work that out) they shouldn’t let them get lost in time especially since the real GA2 is here.

I am playing Bloodstained. I feel deprived guys. I have gone through most of my life blind to the joys of castlevania and I can now see. My only reaction is how on Earth did I go through 36 years of life and have missed out on the joys of Castlevania. 

4 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

I am playing Bloodstained. I feel deprived guys. I have gone through most of my life blind to the joys of castlevania and I can now see. My only reaction is how on Earth did I go through 36 years of life and have missed out on the joys of Castlevania. 

Well jeeze if you haven’t played Symphony of the Night you better get on that next!

19 hours ago, best3444 said:

I took off work tomorrow to play Horizon Forbidden West :lol:

@Biggie I woke up at 7:30am and played Horizon Forbidden West until 12:15 this afternoon. What a fucking fantastic game! I'm so impressed how this is so much better than Zero Dawn.

@stepee you were absolutely correct about the visuals being cleaned up with that new update!

I started over today and right when I got to the sections I noticed blurriness and weird graphical glitches they were all gone. It looks so fucking crisp and beautiful now.

I'm actually more impressed with these visuals than Cyberpunk. 

I can't wait to go back and play. Fuckin awesome game.

• Halal 2

@Biggie I went back and played 2 more hours of Forbidden West. It is so fucking well done in pacing and the voice acting and character animations are amazing as well.

So I basically played over 7 hours today. The game just clicked this morning and I really think the update on the visuals helped me get more excited. 

I'm off tomorrow so I'm gunna put in another few hours.

For this running on a PS4 Pro and looking this good...I can't imagine what the ps5 version looks like. 

Do you enjoy 3rd person action adventure games?

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Biggie I went back and played 2 more hours of Forbidden West. It is so fucking well done in pacing and the voice acting and character animations are amazing as well.

So I basically played over 7 hours today. The game just clicked this morning and I really think the update on the visuals helped me get more excited. 

I'm off tomorrow so I'm gunna put in another few hours.

For this running on a PS4 Pro and looking this good...I can't imagine what the ps5 version looks like. 

Do you enjoy 3rd person action adventure games?

Yes but that main character totally turns me off. I prefer third person like Naughty Dog titles.

7 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Yes but that main character totally turns me off. I prefer third person like Naughty Dog titles.

That's a shame. In all fairness, Aloy is actually a well acted character and is pretty likeable. She also doesn't look like Blake Griffin in any way and I find her pretty tbh. I like her in this one much more than part 1. I got sick and tired of her. 

Anyway, you're missing out on a phenomenal game that can showcase your shiny new PS5. :nerd:

On 6/27/2022 at 11:13 AM, best3444 said:

Played 3 hours of Cyberpunk and just focused on the story. I'm thinking I'm nearing the conclusion but who knows.

Overall, atm, I'd give this game an 7.5/10. 

Oddly enough I've been using a shotgun basically throughout my time with the game and there is no upgrade tree for shotguns.... Odd but whatever. 

Isnt the annihalation tree the shotgun tree? Mostly playing CYberpunk myself with some Valhalla sometimes too.

4 hours ago, Dodger said:

Isnt the annihalation tree the shotgun tree? Mostly playing CYberpunk myself with some Valhalla sometimes too.

I don't even recall an annihilation tree. No big deal overall and this is a game I may come back to for DLC and maybe do another run but with different choices being made.

Stick with it because it isn't a very big game. You can beat it in like 23 hours. I did side missions so my play time was 40 hours.

I’m playing the beginning of Horizon ZD which is kind of interesting having barely played it when it first came out and but recently beaten FW. But my goodness is the child Aloy model atrocious lol what nightmare fuel. Also Im loling that this kid I saved is having his fucking mind blown all “how is this POSSIBLE” because I can tell that these robot dino’s are just walking the same circle over and over.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, stepee said:

I’m playing the beginning of Horizon ZD which is kind of interesting having barely played it when it first came out and but recently beaten FW. But my goodness is the child Aloy model atrocious lol what nightmare fuel. Also Im loling that this kid I saved is having his fucking mind blown all “how is this POSSIBLE” because I can tell that these robot dino’s are just walking the same circle over and over.

I distinctly remember that scenario with saving the boy with the child Aloy. I laughed to because you barely even have to stay out of site to reach the boy. He's like 20 feet away 😆 

Also, I've been off work all week so I've been binging on Forbidden West. I'm basically doing all side quests so my play time will be long as hell. I don't mind though because it's one of the better games I've played in a long time. I hope it keeps the pace it's on now and keeps delivering new locations etc. 

@stepee I maxed put my original bow and can not find any better bows at vendors. Do you eventually get better weapons? Where and how? 

I woke up at 7am and played Forbidden West until 12pm. This game is so fucking well done. It's always fun during combat and I love the different ways you can take the robots down. The voice acting and motion captures are fantastic. It also may be the best looking game I've played. This is my opinion on the PS4 Pro so you guys that played on the PS5 were lucky sons to birches.

Seriously though, it looks stunning so that satisfies my graphic whore mentality.

I discovered two more "cities" today again I'm not finding any weapons at vendors that are better than my original bow maxed out. 

@BloodyHell @stepee Am I missing something here?

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

I woke up at 7am and played Forbidden West until 12pm. This game is so fucking well done. It's always fun during combat and I love the different ways you can take the robots down. The voice acting and motion captures are fantastic. It also may be the best looking game I've played. This is my opinion on the PS4 Pro so you guys that played on the PS5 were lucky sons to birches.

Seriously though, it looks stunning so that satisfies my graphic whore mentality.

I discovered two more "cities" today again I'm not finding any weapons at vendors that are better than my original bow maxed out. 

@BloodyHell @stepee Am I missing something here?

The weapons are kinda weird cuz you gotta craft out the levels to improve them which is how you get big gains but then you hit a point  where the requirements for crafting upgrades are outrageous so you don’t bother anymore. I think you’ll get some stuff eventually better than the original but it’s mostly about upgrading from what I recall.

• Thanks 1