~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

3 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Nothing really new here, just reiterating that restaurants should all be closed:

We are seeing record numbers in Seoul because the government refuses to shutdown restaurants. The new rules are that restaurants must do carry-out, but only after 9 pm. I guess the virus only spreads after dark? So dumb.

So, I am basically fine. I feel like I am in the recovery stages of a cold for the most part, but my tastes is hella fucked. REAL fruit shit taste like perfume. Chicken and Pork products seem off. I had a pork chop today that literally tasted like hushpuppy from long john silvers. Every potato product I have tried so far has tasted like old left out potatoes. Of course that might be the oil cuz I have only had fried potato products like chips or fries. Cheese burgers, and beef in general, seem fairly normal so far. spaghetti was slightly off I think cuz of the sauce. I have really tried and pizza yet. 

The biggest issue is a lot of things have, what I am calling, the taste and smell of COVID. Toothpaste, rootbeer and Capri suns have the covid tastes and smell bigtime. I won't lie, but my "Japanese Male Masturbator" also has the covid smell. New/fresh cardboard has the smell as well. A good number of products have a covid after taste. Like a pretzel tastes pretty normal until it has been chewed up real good and then that covid flavor kicks in. Also, sometimes the outside just smells like covid, not sure why. Gatorade tastes almost normal, but it is like too sweet, like it has been slightly condensed. The only other soda I have tried has been coke and that tastes fucked as well. I can't tell you exactly what it is wrong with it, but it is kinda like too sweet, too bitter and too sour all at once. I haven't had any Mello Yello yet, my main squeeze. Chocolate Chip cookies taste fucky as well. Water tastes like water and has been my main drink now aside from the one Gatorade I'll drink a day. One of these days I'll get around to trying some creamed chicken and biscuits, mac n cheese, and pizza to see if they taste right.  

17 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

They are disposable just buy a new one

Har har, but there are some basically single use ones but I have never bought them. 

17 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Whats it smell like ?

Well, the smell and the taste are exactly the same, but I am not really sure. it is like part mold, part tiger pop, and part slime.

31nd3z90RAL.jpg

d1799175e1efd00489b902e53674e9ef.png

Overall it is a bitter and sweet chemical taste and smell. It is really nearly unlike anything I have ever smelled or tasted. I have smelled similar things but never strongly. I think I have said it before, but it smells and tastes like sick. Like someone turned being sick into a scent and flavor. 

A few years ago I got this body wash and this is the closest thing to the smell. I remember thinking it smelled like sickness. Not in the bottle, but once you start lathering it on it smells like the sick. 

83f3f28d-28f7-4e8f-b8a3-7469ebc3ff60_1.5

Here is this review that says it smells like medicine which I think is the smell I am calling the sick or the covid smell. 

b5cffaee1d3f5fd1730b4e0d2a36788a.png

56 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Har har, but there are some basically single use ones but I have never bought them. 

Well, the smell and the taste are exactly the same, but I am not really sure. it is like part mold, part tiger pop, and part slime.

31nd3z90RAL.jpg

d1799175e1efd00489b902e53674e9ef.png

Overall it is a bitter and sweet chemical taste and smell. It is really nearly unlike anything I have ever smelled or tasted. I have smelled similar things but never strongly. I think I have said it before, but it smells and tastes like sick. Like someone turned being sick into a scent and flavor. 

A few years ago I got this body wash and this is the closest thing to the smell. I remember thinking it smelled like sickness. Not in the bottle, but once you start lathering it on it smells like the sick. 

83f3f28d-28f7-4e8f-b8a3-7469ebc3ff60_1.5

Here is this review that says it smells like medicine which I think is the smell I am calling the sick or the covid smell. 

b5cffaee1d3f5fd1730b4e0d2a36788a.png

Thats all kinds of fucked up

4 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Doing two things first and right, applying basic stats to baseball and political polls, generally inflates your sense of how smart you really are. In other words, economist brain.

I mean do you disagree with his point?

32 minutes ago, Joe said:

I mean do you disagree with his point?

I just saw your most recent post, but I was also going to mention how he is being destroyed by actual doctors and researchers.

to;dr: no one has even decided which pre-existing conditions will bump people before older people, it's being decided this week.  Nate is reacting to an initial statement where it was mentioned that up to 100 million could be eligible for earlier access...but the statement made no recommendations. Nate just assumed that all of those 100 million were going to get it before 65+. He's been corrected by experts involved in these talks, but he hasn't backed down because he's an ass who overestimates his own intelligence. 

36 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I just saw your most recent post, but I was also going to mention how he is being destroyed by actual doctors and researchers.

to;dr: no one has even decided which pre-existing conditions will bump people before older people, it's being decided this week.  Nate is reacting to an initial statement where it was mentioned that up to 100 million could be eligible for earlier access...but the statement made no recommendations. Nate just assumed that all of those 100 million were going to get it before 65+. He's been corrected by experts involved in these talks, but he hasn't backed down because he's an ass who overestimates his own intelligence. 

and he has an army of online devotees who will follow him regardless of how wrong he often is so it boosts his own estimation of himself... I wonder who else that sounds like :thinking:

47 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Nate is still great! But yeah this shit is embarrassing:

TL:DR of my lay understanding of this:

Nate is assuming that the vaccine is disease blocking and using those stats, but that conclusion has not been made yet. The vaccine could very well be infection blocking, which makes those differences far more negligible. Also, THE CDC HASN'T EVEN DECIDED ON THIS YET. They are voting on it right now actually:

6 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

This is so interesting!! I'm sorry you're going through it. It also tells me I definitely have not have had Covid unless some ppl don't get this taste??

Not everyone gets taste loss. I was just unlucky. The reason everything tastes fucked up is because I lost my taste and now my body is attempting to fix it. Supposedly, my taste will return to normal, but I have had my fucked up sense of taste and smell longer than I've had no taste and smell.

17 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It also reminded me of when Peter Navarro claimed he knew more than the scientists too... that kind of arrogance seems typical to numbers guys.

A lot of numbers guys think they've got it all figured out. Economists and engineers are particularly bad about this.

Special note: I'd consider myself a bit of a numbers guy

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

Not everyone gets taste loss. I was just unlucky. The reason everything tastes fucked up is because I lost my taste and now my body is attempting to fix it. Supposedly, my taste will return to normal, but I have had my fucked up sense of taste and smell longer than I've had no taste and smell.

This may sound weird, but have you tried Topo Chico with Lime+Salt?

1 hour ago, SuperSpreader said:

Topo Chico

I don't even know what that is. 

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Do you want @Commissar SFLUFAN to buy you one too?

It was @Mr.Vic20 not Wade. 

54 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm gonna pass on that...

It is essentially a fleshlight but Japan makes a lot of different designs. Like one that is modeled after a dolphin's vagina or one that is supposed to simulate a crazy woman who won't let you go(Yandere). The one Vic got me was an anime elf.