~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

1 hour ago, SlipperySlope said:

Bro, you got search?

Sure... but I don't spend my time searching how many times Donald Trump has used the word "sarcasm"... I mean that seems like a little more effort than I would be willing to put in to dunk on the most dunkable Twitter user in the history of dunking :shrug: Whatever floats one's boat.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Sure... but I don't spend my time searching how many times Donald Trump has used the word "sarcasm"... I mean that seems like a little more effort than I would be willing to put in to dunk on the most dunkable Twitter user in the history of dunking :shrug: Whatever floats one's boat.

leaving universal music GIF by Sigrid Bernson

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It takes less than a minute to use the site I posted to punch in a word and see what comes up.

4 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

I don't know if this article was posted before, but I found it really illuminating. De Blasio has done an absolutely terrible job of managing this virus and made things worse. I hope he finds himself out of a job.

Cuomo fucked it up too doe. 

A heads up for the Canadians here, this is the best site so far for tracking the numbers in Canada as well as each province (same guy I shared before who was doing the Saskatchewan numbers): https://covid-19-status.ca/mb.html

Ontario, for example:

on.png

Basically, it looks like the following provinces have it "under control": SK, MB, NB, PEI, NL, while the other five are still seeing a lot of daily new cases and deaths. Probably not a coincidence that the five that have it under control are five of the six least-populace provinces.

In many provinces, you can see the potential second bounce already occurring.

Quebec issues order to transfer government staff to work in long-term care homes

Last week, the CIUSSS West-Central Montreal notified social workers, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and dieticians that it was implementing a government decree allowing the health authority to redeploy staff to CHSLDs. It has also cancelled vacations, forced all part-time staff to work full-time and stopped all unpaid leave.

The transfers are mandatory and employees risk losing their job if they refuse to work.

So instead of helping children correct a lisp or pronounce a word, Kate will be feeding, changing and likely bathing seniors infected with COVID-19.

“I don’t want to do this, but I am going to try,” Kate said in an interview with the Montreal Gazette.  “I’m angry, but I don’t know who I’m angry at.”

As she prepares for her first day on Monday, Kate said she’s nervous about her new duties and worried that she may bring the virus home to her family.

“I don’t know how to give someone a bath who is incapacitated or do a transfer from a bed to a wheelchair,” said Kate, who will be working as a patient attendant’s assistant.

“One person said: ‘I’m not scared of getting COVID, but I am scared of killing someone,'” Kate recalled. “When I left, I felt this is disaster relief and I’m not trained for it.”

It sucks, but the (private!) staff have abandoned many of these facilities, and tens of thousands of senior citizens live in them and are not being cared for. I don't know what the correct solution is (other than obviously nationalizing all of the private care facilities once this is over). Quebec is the epicentre for the outbreak in Canada, similar to New York in the US.

• Like 1