More than 200 Congressional Republicans Urge Supreme Court to Weigh Overturning Roe v. Wade

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/02/us/politics/republicans-abortion-supreme-court.html

Roughly 80 percent of the Republicans in Congress — 39 senators and 166 House members — and two centrist House Democrats signed the amicus, or “friend of the court,” brief in the case of June Medical Services L.L.C. v. Gee. They also asked the justices to consider overturning another landmark abortion ruling in the 1992 case Planned Parenthood v. Casey.

“The court has exercised that judgment to overrule precedent in over 230 cases throughout its history,” the lawmakers wrote. “Forty-six years after Roe was decided, it remains a radically unsettled precedent: Two of the seven justices who originally joined the majority subsequently repudiated it in whole or in part, and virtually every abortion decision since has been closely divided.”

I mean, I know it is always a hot topic, but like, I can't believe this is something people care about enough to want to ban it. Like, I don't get how you can care this much about fucking abortion. I don't get how it just isn't another operation/procedure. To me, it is like getting all riled up over a person's right to get gastric bypass or a knee replacement.

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I mean, I know it is always a hot topic, but like, I can't believe this is something people care about enough to want to ban it. Like, I don't get how you can care this much about fucking abortion. I don't get how it just isn't another operation/procedure. To me, it is like getting all riled up over a person's right to get gastric bypass or a knee replacement.

I’m staunchly in favor of abortion rights, but I understand the opposition. If someone truly believes that life begins at conception, an ardent anti abortion stance for them is advocating for a group incapable of self advocacy, is anti murder, etc. 

I don’t agree with any part of that philosophically, but I get it. 

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Too bad you condemn countless women to risking their lives to obtain the procedure. 

They just push the blame to the woman and say “hey I’m not the one trying to murder a human” or my favorite “then she should have thought about that before she had sex” 

then you bring up rape and they say “I feel bad for them... BUT” 

and then they say that democrats want to kill healthy full term babies 

26 minutes ago, johnny said:

They just push the blame to the woman and say “hey I’m not the one trying to murder a human” or my favorite “then she should have thought about that before she had sex” 

then you bring up rape and they say “I feel bad for them... BUT” 

and then they say that democrats want to kill healthy full term babies 

The Republican "pro-life" way.

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I’m staunchly in favor of abortion rights, but I understand the opposition. If someone truly believes that life personhood begins at conception, an ardent anti abortion stance for them is advocating for a group incapable of self advocacy, is anti murder, etc. 

I don’t agree with any part of that philosophically, but I get it. 

I made an edit to your statement. It's the more relevant claim since an overwhelming number of people are comfortable with all kinds of "life" dying or being killed. But the "pro-life" advocates certainly love to the do the bait and switch to "life."

1 hour ago, legend said:

I made an edit to your statement. It's the more relevant claim since an overwhelming number of people are comfortable with all kinds of "life" dying or being killed. But the "pro-life" advocates certainly love to the do the bait and switch to "life."

I avoided saying pro life and pro choice because I dislike those terms, but I knew I’d still fuck something up.

• Haha 1