FF7 Remake Demo and Patapon 2 listed on PSN Store (UPDATE: Demo intro and parts of playthrough leaked)

SaysWho?

Doo doo doo doooo, doo doo doo doooooo, doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo (just singing Still More Fighting)

Patapon 2 was announced years ago as a remaster around the time PaRappa Remaster, LocoRoco Remaster, and Patapon 1 Remaster were announced, but I assumed they shelved the second remaster.

19 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Will it be a crazy demo like the FFXV demo?

I had totally forgotten the multiple (and very different) FFXV demos, full of content not seen in the final game. Some stubborn, stupid part of my mind hopes they go all the way with the concept and the demo is full Midgar and the rest of the game is in the final retail product. That will, of course, never happen, especially not when you've got people chomping at the bit to buy a chopped up story, but a man can dream. Because that would set a good precedent for someday FF6 getting a proper remake.

8 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I had totally forgotten the multiple (and very different) FFXV demos, full of content not seen in the final game. Some stubborn, stupid part of my mind hopes they go all the way with the concept and the demo is full Midgar and the rest of the game is in the final retail product.

But full Midgar is the final retail product. :p

2 hours ago, maddux4163 said:

What is FFVII? Some type of Japanese RPG? First to tell you all, those types of games will never be big in the US. Just not the audience for those types of games. Shocked they have 6 game prior to VII. Likely all were localized out East only. 

Square Enix, responsible for both the rise and the fall of the JRPG in the West.

20 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

my thoughts exactly, which is why my excite for the remake tanked shortly after reading that. I'll pick it up when the complete version eventually gets released. 

Exact same thing I'll do. Talk about a buzz kill. I haven't followed games and gaming close as I used to for reasons but I'm slowly getting back into it. Was excited about this remake because FF7 was like an experience rather than a game for me way back when but now that they've neutered it like this.. Well honestly I'm not surprised since FF15 turned out like it did 

I had this random thought.  Can they legally market this game as Final Fantasy VII Remake and not specify that its not the complete game?  Its pretty much the same boxart and everything as the original game.  How will there not be a big shit storm of angry customers who find out after the fact?  

Just did some quick googling and it seems like the most recent info is still from June when Jason Schreier asked the producer of the game how many parts the game will be, and they still don't even know.  Sounds ridiculous and the box art seems like false advertising.

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

I had this random thought.  Can they legally market this game as Final Fantasy VII Remake and not specify that its not the complete game?  Its pretty much the same boxart and everything as the original game.  How will there not be a big shit storm of angry customers who find out after the fact?  

Just did some quick googling and it seems like the most recent info is still from June when Jason Schreier asked the producer of the game how many parts the game will be, and they still don't even know.  Sounds ridiculous and the box art seems like false advertising.

I don’t think there’s any illegality to what they’re doing. They could easily argue that the game they put out is the full, reimagined remake of the game.

But it’s a shitty thing to do, and they need to put episode one or something on there. 

I think that they are either fairly sure this will be the only thing that they put out, or the future episodes are contingent on the success of this one. 

I think the outcry from people who legit don't know it's going to be some episodic shitshow is going to be a lot bigger than your average forumgoer is expecting. The freakout videos on Youtube will be the stuff of legends, unless they relabel the game to clearly state it's episode 1 of... what, 25?