Has anyone ever actually played the main quest in Skyrim?

maddux4163

Ok. So I’m now 30+ hours into this game. Playing on PC. I bought the game at launch 11.11.11 on Xbox 360. 

Aside from a couple quests, never played the main story. Also pulled a “GTA” and got lost doing my own thing. 

Now that I’ve decided to buckle down and go for the achievements (yep. I’m lame) I wanted to play the quest. 

So far it’s actually rather interesting and pretty good. I’ve met some really cool people and I’m obviously joining guilds along the way and such. Hell I’ve never bought a house until now. Wasn’t aware you even could. 

This game is more brilliant then even I figured. The characters are so charming and design of the different mines and caves etc are amazing. Obviously no one is going to come away from this game talking about the narrative. But it’s quite good. 

I’m happy that I’ve decided to see this game through after 8 years 

• Like 1

I beat the main quest a couple of times, siding with each faction. There's still some quests I never did though. The game is FREAKING HUGE. I just wish the game play held up. I've never done a full mage playthrough so maybe I'll do that next. Melee combat is just BAD. I LOVE the world though. Exploring that world is just amazing.

Yeah, i had to. The past two ES games have some kind of world state that is determined by where you are in the story. Oblivion had the gates, Skyrim had the dragons. There was the point where dragons would randomly attack every five minutes or so and it got annoying so i did the main quest to get past that world state.

Plus you usually get some in-game clout whenever you beat the main story.

52 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Yeah, I just recently 1000/1000 the base game which was my goal. Still not considered a completed game though since it's the special edition and I've never played the DLC. I keep telling myself I'll make a push to get that done soon too. 

I bought the special edition on XBO and I never got past farting around with the mods. I've never even touched the expansions, except for the one where you build your house (which took an hour thanks to said mods).

It’s been years, but in my one “complete” play through, I did the main story and just about every other major quest line. Every once in a while I get the urge to revisit that game, but I barely get more than a few hours into new games these days, so I’m sure I would get tired of Skyrim pretty quick. 

12 hours ago, TheLeon said:

It’s been years, but in my one “complete” play through, I did the main story and just about every other major quest line. Every once in a while I get the urge to revisit that game, but I barely get more than a few hours into new games these days, so I’m sure I would get tired of Skyrim pretty quick. 

This was my thought. No idea why I’m replaying it again for the 100th time. Sunk many hours into it on 360/PC a decade ago and every now and then I’d boot it up and get lost. 

But for some reason I’m BACK like it’s 2011 and have well over 30+ hours into my new play through on the “remastered” version on PC. I’m surprisingly making real progress and also have like 25% of the cheavos, which is a lot for me in a Skyrim type game.