Senua's Saga: Hellblade II (21 May 2024) - Information Thread, update: "Developer_Direct 2024" trailer

Pikachu

I hate to admit that the first game sort of messed with my head a bit so I stopped playing it. I found it slightly disturbing on a level that hit me in a really weird way. I was intrigued though and wanted to go back and finish it but never did. I need to now!

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Senua's Saga: Hellblade II - Information Thread, update: will be shown at The Game Awards (Windows Central)
  • 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Senua's Saga: Hellblade II - Information Thread, update: Gameplay Reveal Trailer
15 hours ago, best3444 said:

I didn't enjoy the first one and stopped playing about 3 hours in. That footage above looks like cgi/,cut scenes. It really didn't look like any true gameplay was shown. Maybe soon I'll give the first one a shot again. 

How is the gameplay overall? Does it set itself a part from other 3rd-person titles, or are the graphics, and sound design the big qualities? 

1 hour ago, imthesoldier said:

How is the gameplay overall? Does it set itself a part from other 3rd-person titles, or are the graphics, and sound design the big qualities? 

You really shouldn't play Senua's Sacrifice for the actual gameplay as it's extremely basic and repetitive. 

You really should play Senua's Sacrifice for the overall audio/visual/narrative experience.

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

You really shouldn't play Senua's Sacrifice for the actual gameplay as it's extremely basic and repetitive. 

You really should play Senua's Sacrifice for the overall audio/visual/narrative experience.

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

I guess I could give this a shot. I'm sure my Wife would enjoy watching me play through it. 

7 minutes ago, imthesoldier said:

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

I guess I could give this a shot. I'm sure my Wife would enjoy watching me play through it. 

Definitely recommend playing with Headphones, not sure how it'd be with surround sound.  The audio experience really is key, so need a good setup.

7 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Definitely recommend playing with Headphones, not sure how it'd be with surround sound.  The audio experience really is key, so need a good setup.

I do own a set of noise-cancelling cans that I could connect to my PS4 controller, or if I went the Switch route, could go the handheld way. There's also the Steam Deck next year.

Decisions... :thinking:

Yeah Hellblade is more of an psychological experience than an all out action hackathon. The combat is okay, some of the puzzles are a little too tricky for their own good, and then everything else is amazing with the story and acting being at the very top of gaming. Now, the sequel might be more action focused now, we will see. One thing to remember is the first was an indie game made by a small team despite how it looks. They made some very smart choices in order to pull off a AAA looking game, but the budget here is going to be wayyyyyy bigger.

Hellblade I considered my goty of 2017, which is one of the best gaming years in recent memory. I think it was a good pick since it’s certainly a game that has been stuck in my memory. A really harrowing but beautiful experience that, as someone with mental health issues, felt like it understood them better than pretty much any story based media I’ve experienced. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, stepee said:

The combat is okay, some of the puzzles are a little too tricky for their own good, and then everything else is amazing with the story and acting being at the very top of gaming.

Agree with all of this. I stopped playing the game when it was just on Playstation because of one of the obtuse and frustrating puzzles that was more tedious than anything else. I loved everything else. I hope they fix that in the next game. The first one isn't even that long... I think it can be beat in four or five hours.

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

I played it with my surround sound system and it's amazing. Adds a lot to the immersion.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Senua's Saga: Hellblade II - Information Thread, update: "State of Unreal" Realtime Facial Animation Demo (GDC 2023)