PS4 7.00 Firmware update: Party chat supports 16 players, remote play expanded to Android

SaysWho?

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/10/06/ps4-system-software-update-7-00-launches-this-week/

• Maximum number of Party users increased from 8 to 16
  • Network connectivity improved
  • Audio quality improved
  • Accessibility support with Chat Transcription has been added (US Only)

Party-FI.jpg?w=1280

For those who want to stream select PS4 games on mobile devices, Remote Play can now be used on smartphones and tablets running Android 5.0 or higher. Just download the PS4 Remote Play App from the Google Play store to use the feature.

Meanwhile, for iPhone or iPad users, the Remote Play App has been updated so you can now display the controller at all times and lock the screen orientation.

Also, players will be able to use their DualShock 4 wireless controllers via Bluetooth for Remote Play on an Android, iPhone, iPad, and Mac. All you need to do is update to Android 10, iOS 13, iPadOS 13, or macOS Catalina (releasing in October) to use this feature.

As a reminder, a PS4 system with a wired connection via a LAN cable is recommended.

11 hours ago, Kleon333 said:

Remote play on Android... only took them 6 years.

11 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

That's because the focus was the Vita (RIP). It's probably still a better way to remote play due to controls.

It’s been on Android for years but it was locked to Sony’s brand of smartphones (unless you used the hacked remote play app that allowed it to work on other Android devices - I’ve used it on my Shield Tablet for years).

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

It’s been on Android for years but it was locked to Sony’s brand of smartphones (unless you used the hacked remote play app that allowed it to work on other Android devices - I’ve used it on my Shield Tablet for years).

I have learned something new! :) 

18 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I forgot about this!  

On 10/7/2019 at 10:29 AM, Rodimus said:

No I would say remote play with  DS4 is better than Vita.

Are there any good mounts for DS4 with vita?  I tried a few from amazon and they were all fail.

14 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I use the Nyko mount, it holds my Shield Tablet fine.

Yeah I tried that one but the Vita is too thick for it to hold and it being rounded at the back doesn't help. At least now that it's on Android, I'll have to dig it up from storage.

1 hour ago, eggydoo said:

Yeah I tried that one but the Vita is too thick for it to hold and it being rounded at the back doesn't help. At least now that it's on Android, I'll have to dig it up from storage.

Ooooh, I missed where you said “vita”! Can’t you just use your smartphone now that remote play is readily available?

On 10/7/2019 at 10:28 PM, Spork3245 said:

Yeah, I remember I had it on my S7 at one point via 3rd party app, but then updates nerfed it. All the alternatives I looked at seemed intrusive and I didn't bother to get it back, so I am glad they finally opened it up to all devices.

50 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Yeah, I remember I had it on my S7 at one point via 3rd party app, but then updates nerfed it. All the alternatives I looked at seemed intrusive and I didn't bother to get it back, so I am glad they finally opened it up to all devices.

You just needed to get the newest version of the hacked app :p 

7 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Some of you never did Molten Core and it shows.

I mean, I have done pugs for a few WoW raids since Discord has been out and having 20-40 people really isn't that bad. Like, if don't need to talk then you didn't talk. Push to talk really cuts down on useless chatter.