The wrestling thread: the “Paul Levesque Era” begins… without the sex-trafficking degenerate POS, Vinny Mac!

The latest stuff goes WAY beyond sexual harassment, these are legitimate prosecutable go to jail for decades offenses. I don't see anyway TKO doesn't force him off the board and then WWE completely Benoit level washes their hands of him.

Also it couldn't have just been a handful of people that knew what was going on, the amount of employees that are going to be fired for this is going to be substantial 

• Hugs 1

20 minutes ago, best3444 said:

What was the news today?

VARIETY.COM

A former employee of WWE sued founder Vince McMahon, alleging he abused and sexually exploited her when he was CEO.

Also as an aside:

spacer.png

I'd say "don't kink shame" but please go ahead and everybody kink shame the hell out of that.

2 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

VARIETY.COM

A former employee of WWE sued founder Vince McMahon, alleging he abused and sexually exploited her when he was CEO.

Also as an aside:

spacer.png

I'd say "don't kink shame" but please go ahead and everybody kink she the hell out of that.

Yea I just googled it and actually read what you posted. Yikes. 

• Spork3245 changed the title to The wrestling thread now with the sex-trafficking degenerate POS, Vinny Mac, re-resigning!
WWW.CAGESIDESEATS.COM

That’s a scary place to be, despite Tony Khan’s assurances that 2024 will be an amazing year for AEW.

Per WrestleTix, last night’s Dynamite event at Enmarket Arena in Savannah, Georgia, sold less than 2500 tickets, and upcoming events (besides Sting’s retirement match at Revolution) don’t look so great either.

Here’s what sources close to the Young Bucks Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer had to say about AEW’s current attendance woes, bringing in a comparison to WCW 2000:

“To me, under 4000 for Dynamite is where it gets to be below so-so. 4000 to me is fine for AEW. Under 4000, not so great. Under 3000, pretty bad. Under 2000 is really bad. Especially when you’re coming to a city once a year.

They’ve got Tulsa coming up. They’ve never been to Tulsa. They’re under 2000 there as well. And then the last week...St Louis is a historically great wrestling city. It’s not like they come there often, and to do under 3000 on a Saturday night, it’s really not good at all.

And another problem that they have is that every time they go back to a market, in more cases than not, the attendance goes down...and it’s like, okay, when you’re at [4000] and you’re going down, not so great. When you’re at 2800 and you’re going down in a major city, where are you headed?

You’re getting now to WCW 2000. And people hate when I use that term, but they’re getting there. And that’s a scary place to be. There’s a lot of things that they could do, but they haven’t. I know that Kosha Irby’s in, and this is actually his job. His job is gonna be to get this stuff up.”

Will Smith Best Gif GIF

Fun Rumble matches this weekend despite not many surprises and the winners for both matches being very predictable. Bailey was the only women’s match entrant that made sense from a storyline perspective. For the men’s match, CM Punk or Cody were the only two, I know they were trying to throw a curve ball with Gunther on Raw last week, but that just didn’t make sense to me.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Fun Rumble matches this weekend despite not many surprises and the winners for both matches being very predictable. Bailey was the only women’s match entrant that made sense from a storyline perspective. For the men’s match, CM Punk or Cody were the only two, I know they were trying to throw a curve ball with Gunther on Raw last week, but that just didn’t make sense to me.

Bayley, along with Becky, Bianca, and Nia(lol), were the only ones they actually promoted as having a chance. It was predictable but Bayley deserves her roses. She carried a portion of the Thunderdome era and has always been willing to put others over. Everyone thought Hugger Bayley would be female Cena in terms of popularity but the gimmick essentially bombed on the main roster. The death knell was the feud with Alexa.

Bayley pointed out in the scrum that both rosters are so deep now that they used no "legends" in the Rumble. The only legit surprise was Jordynne Grace. I'd say there was an above 50% chance that most knew, Naomi (returning from TNA), Jade (in-ring debut), and Liv (returning from injury) would be in the Rumble. Was hoping for my girl, Dakota, but I guess the knee isn't ready yet.

What was the big surprise for the men? Pat McAfee. lol. Reports are saying his spot was supposed to be Brock's before the bombshell dropped.

And honestly, I thought The Rock was coming out at 30 and he would win. When he didn't, I thought Punk was winning and Cody would win EC next month. Really didn't think they'd let Cody win back-to-back Rumbles.

32 minutes ago, 69los said:

Bayley, along with Becky, Bianca, and Nia(lol)

Nia was never going to get it and Becky and Bianca, IMO, had no big storyline reason to get there so I never believed they were real contenders for the win, much like Gunther and Drew for the men's rumble. Bayley is being built to have a big match with Iyo with the Damage Control breakup they've been teasing since Kairi came back. Her winning the rumble, then having a break up with DC and choosing Iyo instead of Rhea was the only thing that really made any sense to me.

32 minutes ago, 69los said:

What was the big surprise for the men?

The Andrade return was more-or-less it.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Is CM Punk made of cheap plastic these days? He’s injured after every like 3rd-5th match these days. Jeezes

3rd major injury in something like his last 12-16 matches, most of those being multi-man matches where he doesn't have to do quite as much. Mr. Glass called & wants his gimmick back.

Seriously though, while yes it totally sucks he's hurt again, this is becoming old hat by now.

9 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

3rd major injury in something like his last 12-16 matches, most of those being multi-man matches where he doesn't have to do quite as much. Mr. Glass called & wants his gimmick back.

Seriously though, while yes it totally sucks he's hurt again, this is becoming old hat by now.

CiMcara

• Haha 1

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/report-corey-graves-wade-barrett-to-be-new-wwe-smackdown-commentary-team

Corey Graves and Wade Barrett will serve as the show's announcers moving forward, according to a report from PWInsider. Graves is expected to move into the lead announcer/play-by-play role and Barrett will work the color commentary position.

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, SoberChef said:

Pretty sure he ain't gonna be on the schedule anytime soon ever again.

Yea, Brock is probably done, but that doesn’t change the fact that Roman’s schedule is the same as Lesnar’s when Lesnar was champ :p 

• True 1

On 1/29/2024 at 9:06 AM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

As sickening as the description of the events in the lawsuit are, the chances of a DA taking up the case for prosecution are unfortunately very, very slim.

Vince is now (allegedly) under federal investigation:

ABCNEWS.GO.COM

Former WWE executive Vince McMahon is under a federal investigation as he grapples with sex trafficking allegations by an ex-employee, sources told ABC News.

• Hype 1

On 2/3/2024 at 9:02 AM, Spork3245 said:

Lmao Cody wins the Rumble just for a swerve 

And now another swerve! Rock playing more heel to Cody.

Watching the full conference now (saw clips earlier). Pretty cool story wrinkles.

• Halal 1