The wrestling thread: the “Paul Levesque Era” begins… without the sex-trafficking degenerate POS, Vinny Mac!

I love how TK returned volley this week. Setting his sights on such a grand prize. Legit, the last time a major wrestling promotion was in Wembley was in 1992's Summerslam! He has Double or Nothing & Forbidden Door ahead of this All In PPV to help build toward the event itself. Add in Jay White, possibly Ibushi (still holding out hope what can I say?) and inevitably, some how, Punk as well returning (business wise it makes sense & I mean, that's a hell of a feather in the cap to sell out the place right?)

The show that WWE put on a few months back, I believe it was Clash at the Castle, those tix sold out quick too. The UK is starved for events like this.

7 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

“Backstage chaos” at Raw! Scripts thrown out! Last minute rewrites with major changes! Big stars absent! 
VINNY MAC-ATTACK

And to think, this all could have been avoided if Vince McMahon Sr. had given this poor guy a few more hugs as a child.

I guess it's because I don't really watch the product one way or another anymore but this makes me more sad than angry.

Vince really is gonna keel over one day at Gorilla with a headset on screaming at Micheal Cole for saying "fans" instead of "WWE Universe".

18 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

And to think, this all could have been avoided if Vince McMahon Sr. had given this poor guy a few more hugs as a child.

I guess it's because I don't really watch the product one way or another anymore but this makes me more sad than angry.

Vince really is gonna keel over one day at Gorilla with a headset on screaming at Micheal Cole for saying "fans" instead of "WWE Universe".

I mean, im not sure why anything less would’ve ever been considered. V-Mac had one love in his life, and it’s obviously wrestling. The idea of him leaving seemed like an obvious work. I’m honestly still surprised he ever went public. Giving up any form of control seems like a bad idea for a control freak.

I’m not a fan of wrestling, except that the business itself, behind the scenes, is so damn interesting. I don’t care one bit about what happens on tv, or who their champion is, but the history and business fascinates me. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
WWW.IHEART.COM

<p>We begin our 6 part series on the Chairman & CEO of WWE, Vince McMahon.</p> <p>Behind the Bastards is once again funding the Portland Diaper Bank! You can donate here to make sure families suffering financial hardship have one less thing to worry about: <a...

I know nothing about wrestling, not having kept track of it since a brief window of time as a teenager, but this podcast has been quite enlightening. They released part four yesterday and there will be a total of six.

All around, Double or Nothing 2023 was a solid show (even if the build yet again wasn't quite the best ... but I'll still take it over the alternative.)

The 4 Pillars match, JFC! No words, just none. Left me speechless at how insane crazy talented all four of the young men are in the ring. Really something special they are no doubt about it, so happy I've watched their evolution over the last 5 years.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SoberChef said:

All around, Double or Nothing 2023 was a solid show (even if the build yet again wasn't quite the best ... but I'll still take it over the alternative.)

The 4 Pillars match, JFC! No words, just none. Left me speechless at how insane crazy talented all four of the young men are in the ring. Really something special they are no doubt about it, so happy I've watched their evolution over the last 5 years.

that has kind of the been the way with a lot of AEW PPVs over the last couple of years, mediocre build capped by absolutely banger shows

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
107175168-1673019868457-gettyimages-9007
WWW.CNBC.COM

WWE boss Vince McMahon has been under investigation over millions of dollars paid to women after he was accused of sexual misconduct.

Federal law enforcement agents executed a search warrant on World Wrestling Entertainment boss Vince McMahon last month and served him with a federal grand jury subpoena, the company disclosed Wednesday.

The actions represent an escalation of an ongoing investigation into allegations that McMahon paid millions of dollars over the years to women after being accused of sexual misconduct.

WWE also revealed Wednesday that McMahon “went on medical leave after undergoing major spinal surgery.”

McMahon’s leave began July 21, and he will “remain on medical leave until further notice but will remain Executive Chairman” of WWE, the company said in its quarterly report to the Securities and Exchange Commission.

The company noted that no charges have been filed against McMahon. CNBC has reached out to WWE with questions about the warrant and subpoena.

• Sicko 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have an in-person fantasy draft so not til Monday.

I'm gutted for Jamie because this should have been her moment. Instead, one of 2 things will probably happen that would piss me off to no end; 1. Saraya wins to capitalize on the home-country pop, even though she's a shell of her former self and that former self wasn't that great to begin with. 2. Jamie will come out to a huge pop to neutralize Ruby and still get some kind of moment, only to raise Britt's arm when she wins it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, elbobo said:

One of the biggest what ifs in wrestling history is going to be what if Punk didn't decide to crowd dive and end up breaking his foot last year, seems like he completely spiraled after that 

And if he didn’t freak out over Perry’s douchey comment about glass last weekend