The wrestling thread: the “Paul Levesque Era” begins… without the sex-trafficking degenerate POS, Vinny Mac!

A few hours ago I was going to make a joke about how Vince finally got his longtime wish for a supposed angle that was going to happen: he fucked his daughter.

I held off on it because it was a pretty harsh joke for a situation where a lot is still unclear. But I am starting to wonder if it was more apt than I realized. Looking more and more likely that the party buying WWE is Saudi Arabia and they may take it private. If this is the case one can only imagine Steph probably isn't happy for the implications that would have on female wrestling in the WWE.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, SoberChef said:

The beginning of the end of the company responsible for fostering the love & passion I have for pro-wrestling, truly a shame.

I always said the bit of understanding I had for Trump voters comes from how I feel about Vince. The two men are a lot a like, but I still have a bit of a soft spot for the guy because of what he did for wrestling and also the onscreen role he played during the Attitude Era.

That said, this has gone beyond farce at this point. Vince has looked physically terrible for years and his early 2022 time onscreen was like watching the sad last years of a punch drunk boxer. He could barely mumble his way through a fucking pre-tape.

Most of these rich guys with this pathological need to accumulate wealth do their damage in the shadows, but because Vince is in the public world of pro wrestling we get to see out in full view the sad and dangerous results of an overly ambitious billionaire who just does not know when to fucking quit. Vince is hurting himself as much as anyone else by coming back at this point.

You hear about some rich guys who want to work at their desk until the day they die and some aging wrestlers who would want to die in the ring. Vince seems bound and determined to do both.

Couldn't agree more @Chairslinger. I know we all have hours/days/weeks yet to figure out how this will all shake out BUT its imperative to consider the following:

• Who else quits/resigns/waits out their contract(s)?
  • Women's wrestling under a Saudi operated company ... what will that look like?
  • What about the impending TV rights deals they were due to negotiate this year?
  • Will WWE even exist as it does now by the end of the year?

I almost feel bad for the wrestlers who returned to WWE via HHH after Vince left instead of going to AEW. I’m sure the couple of AEW wrestlers who are former WWE guys that wanted to head back are thanking Tony Kahn for not immediately letting them out of their contracts :p 

Guys like Bray Wyatt and Karrion Kross are probably bashing their heads into a wall.

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Oh, BTW, Stephanie resigned as of 7pm EST last night 

Yup, full story:

230110-Stephanie-McMahon-2018-ac-739p-e4
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Stephanie McMahon returned from a leave of absence in July to take over as co-CEO after her father retired amid allegations of sexual misconduct. 

Nick Khan, formerly co-CEO alongside the younger McMahon, will serve as the company’s sole CEO. Stephanie McMahon’s husband, Paul “Triple H” Levesque, will continue to run WWE’s creative division.

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Not seeing many other sites confirming the Saudi sale, so I'm quite curious about it.

If true, damn, I remember the buildup and talk about the company going public. Going back to private and not having to answer to the board would be an interesting turn.

This rumor is being debunked. I’m sure the Saudis are involved and are favorites to buy WWE but nothing is finalized. 

2 minutes ago, Brian said:

This rumor is being debunked. I’m sure the Saudis are involved and are favorites to buy WWE but nothing is finalized. 

Explains why only a few wrestling sites reported on it.

I'm still wondering if Vince would maneuver to go private since the company being public is why he got the boot.

3 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Couldn't agree more @Chairslinger. I know we all have hours/days/weeks yet to figure out how this will all shake out BUT its imperative to consider the following:

• Who else quits/resigns/waits out their contract(s)?
  • Women's wrestling under a Saudi operated company ... what will that look like?
  • What about the impending TV rights deals they were due to negotiate this year?
  • Will WWE even exist as it does now by the end of the year?

Sami and KO are likely out.

Same goes for any LGBTQ wrestlers/staff.

Women's wrestling would have an incredible setback as there's no other outlet that pays the women while producing the number of TV matches WWE/NXT does. Sorry AEDub, YouTube doesn't count.

2023.01.11-01.05-kayfabenews-63be0b718f7
WWW.KAYFABENEWS.COM

The world’s richest man has made another huge acquisition — Elon Musk announced via Twitter this afternoon that he has purchased World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) and has “big things in store” for...

Musk was photographed entering WWE’s Connecticut headquarters carrying a bushel of apples, accompanied by the quip: “How do you like them apples, Vince?”

The comment referred to Vince McMahon, the fellow evil billionaire who transformed professional wrestling into an international sensation, then stepped away from the spotlight last year amid allegations that he is pretty much exactly the kind of person everyone always assumed him to be. 

Following his purchase of the company for $44.1 billion (roughly $43 billion more than its appraised worth), Musk announced numerous changes to WWE programming “effective immediately,” including: 

• “No more longwinded promos,” said Musk. “All in-ring or backstage promos must be 140 characters or less.” 
  • Matches/cards will be determined by Twitter polls, unless Musk dislikes the result
  • Championship belts will be replaced by large blue checkmarks tattooed on champions’ chests.
  • In 2028, WrestleMania will happen on Mars — or, worst-case-scenario, Florida. 
  • Musk himself will hold the Universal Championship until further notice
  • Haha 2

On 1/12/2023 at 5:00 PM, Spork3245 said:
2023.01.11-01.05-kayfabenews-63be0b718f7
WWW.KAYFABENEWS.COM

The world’s richest man has made another huge acquisition — Elon Musk announced via Twitter this afternoon that he has purchased World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) and has “big things in store” for...

Musk was photographed entering WWE’s Connecticut headquarters carrying a bushel of apples, accompanied by the quip: “How do you like them apples, Vince?”

The comment referred to Vince McMahon, the fellow evil billionaire who transformed professional wrestling into an international sensation, then stepped away from the spotlight last year amid allegations that he is pretty much exactly the kind of person everyone always assumed him to be. 

Following his purchase of the company for $44.1 billion (roughly $43 billion more than its appraised worth), Musk announced numerous changes to WWE programming “effective immediately,” including: 

• “No more longwinded promos,” said Musk. “All in-ring or backstage promos must be 140 characters or less.” 
  • Matches/cards will be determined by Twitter polls, unless Musk dislikes the result
  • Championship belts will be replaced by large blue checkmarks tattooed on champions’ chests.
  • In 2028, WrestleMania will happen on Mars — or, worst-case-scenario, Florida. 
  • Musk himself will hold the Universal Championship until further notice

Apparently this got picked up as real by some sports-news outlets :rofl:

Supposedly Tony Kahn’s family is eyeing a WWE purchase, but I cannot imagine Vince approving that sale lololol

New developments:

Fightful:

Fightful has learned that WWE's Vice President of Communications, Adam Hopkins, is out of the company after over 25 years.

Hopkins worked in a variety of roles, and was a point of contact for a lot of us in the media in preparing for events and setting up interviews.

Fightful has learned that Adam Hopkins was let go on January 13.

PWInsider:

Stefanie Fiondella, who held the position of VP, Communications for WWE exited the company last week,

She was with the company from 2014-2019 and returned in April 2021.

social
WWW.WSJ.COM

Multimillion-dollar settlement averts a public legal fight as executive chairman pursues possible WWE sale

Vince McMahon, the executive chairman of World Wrestling Entertainment Inc., has agreed to a multimillion-dollar legal settlement with a former wrestling referee who accused him of raping her in 1986, according to people familiar with the agreement.

Mr. McMahon’s settlement with Rita Chatterton, completed last month, averts a public legal fight over her allegations as Mr. McMahon pursues a possible sale of the company.

• Shocked 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, 69los said:

Women's Rumble was better than the men's. The ending of the show was absolutely enthralling. I question when a Rumble match isn't the main event but they made the right choice.

I have to say I rarely watch wrestling these days, but I've always liked the Rumble....but damn WTF how many years has Roman been on top. I don't know the current storyline (as I said I likely haven't watched in a while, likely since Wrestlemania). Enough is enough. the guy is so freaking boring 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot remember the last time Roman has won a match clean. It’s not even that it’s frustrating or whatever, it’s just weird that he’s treated as a “strong” character when he’s always booked as a chicken-shit heel for wins. It’s never called out either which makes it doubly weird.

It's still stupid "What Would Vince Do?" booking. WWE still can't recognize who's white hot, still can't figure out how to adjust their plans on the fly, and still won't give fans what they want over what the WWE thinks fans want. It's just a mess with no creativity. Sami and Owens going up against the Uso's at Wrestlemania is so predictably boring and dumb that it's almost like Vince IS still at the creative helm of things...

There are two titles around Roman's waist, and Sami not going after one of them at Wrestlemania makes 0 sense.

• Guillotine 1