The wrestling thread: the “Paul Levesque Era” begins… without the sex-trafficking degenerate POS, Vinny Mac!

Out of fuckin nowhere wrestlemania videos have been popping up on my YouTube feed. I never enjoyed wwf or wwe growing up but I was obviously aware of a lot of the stars. Well, I watched an entire wrestlemania last night and was completely entertained. That shit is pure entertainment gold. One scenario i believe wrestlemania 30 had hulk, Steve cold stone Austin, and the rock in the ring giving each other props. Great shit. 

11 hours ago, MarSolo said:

I know, but they were originally behind the whisper campaign that led to Punk’s press scrum meltdown.

I dunno, there was Punk’s backstage shenanigans and trying to bury Hangman because of a misunderstanding during a match all before that.

I was kinda with Tony Kahn until he said he felt his life was in danger :p 

As unfortunate it is that it didn't all work out, I'm of the mind that we will get back to the passion that exists in every individual in that locker room all without the unnecessary drama that has taken a hold since his signing. Sorry Phil, I'll always be a fan of you as a WRESTLER, but as a dude, you're a douche!

Its crazy how good of a PPV AEW can put on with essentially zero build. This is a running theme with them it seems, like every other PPV I will be going in thinking "this doesn't look that great, the plots haven't been anything special" and then they knock it out of the park. This PPV had essentially one week to build to and it was banger after banger. Those meat chants during Hobbs vs Miro had me rolling. 

On 9/4/2023 at 9:51 AM, SoberChef said:

As unfortunate it is that it didn't all work out, I'm of the mind that we will get back to the passion that exists in every individual in that locker room all without the unnecessary drama that has taken a hold since his signing. Sorry Phil, I'll always be a fan of you as a WRESTLER, but as a dude, you're a douche!

Doesn’t sound like he’s the douche to me. Sounds like he’s the one who doesn’t put up with the douches bullshit

Just now, Spork3245 said:

Maybe they're both douches? Punk apparently walked up and started throwing; sounds pretty douchey 

:shrug:

You’re the first person I’ve heard say that. 
all the other reports are Perry started it with his comment, then Punk asked him if he had a problem and Perry was a prick again. 

its clear all these asses were out to get him since they attacked him in his dressing room. It’s clear thrir little clique wanted him gone.

8 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

You’re the first person I’ve heard say that. 

You haven't done a ton of research on it past the day it happened then. Punk went nose to nose with Perry, Perry was inflammatory, Punk started throwing and proceeded to put Perry in a guillotine choke - both were douches. Punk also attempted to lunge at Tony Kahn and others (and Meltzer has said "lunge is a big understatement")

Also, Perry isn't part of the Elite and not part of that clique.

4 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Technically on paper, sure Perry started it during his match. That said, Punk has had issues everywhere he's gone, he's a complicated guy. It is 100% douche behavior however when you, in your position, w/ your knowledge & experience, SHOULD FUCKING KNOW BETTER BY NOW!

Yea it seems to have started a week or two earlier with Perry having a spot approved on Collision using real glass, Punk found out about it and confronted Perry denying the spot (despite not being involved in said spot) and giving him shit about it. Perry’s been annoyed about it and made the “it’s real glass, cry me a river” comment before his match at All In. This made Punk flip out back stage - now, Perry was being a bitchy douche, but for Punk to react violently like he did is pretty insane.

Also, this can absolutely not be compared to last year’s All Out scuffle with Punk and The Elite. Last year’s witnesses were only those involved and was a he-said she-said situation. Last weekend’s All In incident occurred in Guerrilla Position among production crew, staff, some journalists, other wrestlers, and ROLLING CAMERAS that have it all on tape. Witnesses were interviewed and the camera footage was reviewed by a group of non-partisan lawyers hired by AEW, they also interviewed AEW staff regarding Punk’s backstage behavior since his return (after the All Out incident). Their unanimous suggestion was to terminate Punk’s contract based on the witness testimonies, interviews, and viewing of video footage.

• 2 weeks later...

WWE Roster cuts (so far): 

Dolph Ziggler

Shelton Benjamin 

Elias 

Mustafa Ali 

Emma 

Madcap Moss 

Aliyah 

Top Dolla 

Rick Boogs 

Dabba Kato

Bryson Montana

Shanky

Mace

Mansoor

Quincy Miller

Dana Brooke

A few days back Ziggler’s brother (Ryan Nemeth) was teasing Ziggler joining AEW.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

There are… other ways… :pirate_2:

Semi-related, there are rumors that Fox isn’t renewing their Smackdown contract and it’s going back to USA/Syfy

It was not just a rumor; they officially announced it. It isn't very surprising since they're on Peacock and the USA network is owned by NBC. They probably had to wait until the contract with Fox ran out, so they didn't renew the contract.

WWW.WSJ.COM

Premier WWE television-rights package to get a new home next fall

13 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

It was not just a rumor; they officially announced it. It isn't very surprising since they're on Peacock and the USA network is owned by NBC. They probably had to wait until the contract with Fox ran out, so they didn't renew the contract.

WWW.WSJ.COM

Premier WWE television-rights package to get a new home next fall

Ah, I didn’t follow up after the early report prior to it being official. Supposedly it’s for more money than the Fox deal was for (which was an insane amount), there are additional rumors that Smackdown might jump to 3 hours (please no) and that Raw might move elsewhere.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2023 at 5:18 PM, Remarkableriots said:

I would like to see the Hulu contract run out and get a second-day run of Raw and Smackdown on Peacock.

2 hours ago, SoberChef said:

With AEW, I fully anticipate before the end of the year for them to announce the MAX deal they have in play.

It’s weird that AEW doesn’t stream next day on Max considering TBS/TNT shows tend to already 

From what I know & have heard, it was a TV deal initially. They've been renegotiating since about spring, and it's believed that the PPV's will definitely be on MAX (as well as go up to 12 annually, unsure if that includes ROH shows) while HOPEFULLY they'll run Dynamite/Rampage/Collision the day after airing. I haven't read or heard anything definitive in terms of their 3 shows being on the app as of yet. Maybe that's what is taking so long to make the final announcement (had been hoping they would at WrestleDream but perhaps maybe now it'll be at either Full Gear or Winter is Coming?)

• 2 weeks later...