|||| Canadian Election 🍁 Sorry |||| Liberals win plurality, stay in power.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

I was planning to be at an election-watching party, but due to my spouse's surgery I'll likely be following tweets from the hospital!

:( but at least I'm sure the resetera thread will keep you entertained while you're there. Make sure you get on the hospital's wifi!

Robocalls in multiple ridings have been reported to Elections Canada. They were advising that today is no longer the election day.

One of the biggest unanswered questions of 2011 was the tens of thousands (and potentially hundreds of thousands) of robocalls that took place in the day before the election, advising people that their polling stations had been moved. It was suspected they were tied to the Conservative party, but Osama Bin-Laden was killed the next day (election day in Canada) and that took over the news. The public lost interest, and the investigation never really happened (the Conservatives won a majority...). Hopefully something of that scale is not happening again. This seems to be smaller in scope.

Scheer is still campaigning on the day of election. Though not disallowed, it is also not usually done (by convention). To me that also indicates they know they are not favoured to win a plurality, and are desperately trying to drum up votes. Word on the street is that the Liberal ground game is miles ahead of the CPC this election, especially in ON and QC. 

54 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I walked in with my passport and a credit card bill -- and was behind the booth in under 5 minutes.

For me I just took my voting card with me to work and on my way home, I walked through the front door of my condo building, checked my mail, walked over a few feet to vote in the lobby (took 1 min max, nobody in line) and then walked to the elevator to go to my unit. <3