Rep. Steve King Credits Rape and Incest for The Survival of The Human Race

20 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Don't know if he's going that far... maybe he's saying it shouldn't be prosecuted? Because if it wasn't for rape the human race wouldn't be here?

It's in regards to abortion, so everyone in the world was raped and not aborted and we are all fine.

But I love how he excludes himself.

39 minutes ago, Jose said:

I mean what he was saying is pretty clear. He was making a case against abortion in all cases with no exceptions. 

But he is pure garbage, so I don't mind that he is being destroyed for this.

Brah, it goes beyond that (which is still shitty in itself as the anti-choice position is). He's literally saying there would be no people if we plucked all the children from rape/incest as if it's vital for populating the world.

40 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Brah, it goes beyond that (which is still shitty in itself as the anti-choice position is). He's literally saying there would be no people if we plucked all the children from rape/incest as if it's vital for populating the world.

Oh yeah, that was unbelievably stupid and just felt out false. Also, this is basically his central point now that I re-read the article, so he is rightfully being destroyed for this.

I was more talking about how being totally anti-choice is a more consistent position morally than being pro-life with exceptions. That is a fact regardless how repulsive it is to make a woman give birth to a child under those circumstances.

6 minutes ago, Jose said:

Oh yeah, that was unbelievably stupid and just felt out false. 

I was more talking about how being totally anti-choice is a more consistent position morally than being pro-life with exceptions. Thst is a fact regardless how repulsive it is to make a woman give birth to a child under those circumstances.

Totally and agreed with both parts. Terrible position even if it's "consistent." And it goes to show that people really don't care about consistency since Murdock in Indiana was buried for this in 2012.

The human race survival comment is so freaking weird and honestly, Republicans own Steve King and his views. All these people distancing themselves were either hoping for his backing or endorsed him. Here's Romney in 2012:

“I’m looking here at Steve King,” Romney said, according to BuzzFeed. “He needs to be your Congressman again. I want him as my partner in Washington!”

BuzzFeed reports that the comment quickly made the rounds on Twitter, and within the hour Obama campaign spokeswoman Lis Smith was out with a statement targeting Romney’s endorsement.

“And, if his speech today praising Rep. Steve King — who has questioned whether women get pregnant from rape and incest and said hateful things about immigrants — is any indication, we know he wouldn’t stand up to the most strident voices in his party,” Smith wrote. “Bringing back the failed policies that crashed the economy and pandering to the most extreme voices in his party isn’t a recipe for strength and it won’t move us forward.”

They've known he was shit for years. Not that this is news to any of you, but fuck these guys. :p 

7 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Watch the video... he actually includes himself too.

I did, but I misunderstood. He said "I know I can't certify that I'm not a part of a product of that". But I missed the first part and just though he said "I'm not part of a product of that" - but he might as well have.