Animal Crossing: New Horizons (20 March 2020) OT - Island Getaway

3 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Sorry about that. I do not, I don't think.

It's fun when your Switch disappears and you find it in the hands of your 2yo. It's past midnight and she's still refusing to go to bed.

Wait, you just left your Switch alone? Then it was your daughter that kept wishing on those stars? 

5 hours ago, Brick said:

Wait, you just left your Switch alone? Then it was your daughter that kept wishing on those stars? 

I have a controller with a turbo button that I just left depressed with a book. It's fine if left alone to just do it's thing. She found my Switch and ran off with it and went wild. She does the same thing to my son that has a Switch Lite. Mash buttons trying to get as much play time in before she gets discovered.

I have an old 2DS I might give her, but she's not even really 2. She turns 2 in a week and I didn't let my son start playing games until he was 3 and I got him his Switch for his 4th birthday.

11 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I don't recall that from past games, but that's cool.

It was kind fun chopping down several money trees. Just bummed it'll be a few days before my next one.

Yup, if you don't pick them up some of the fossils from previous days will not despawn. I had one fossil I never picked up because it was in an annoying place to get at. It just stayed there for a week until I finally went up and grabbed it. All the while, four fossils were still spawning every morning. That also means if you missed one because you didn't find it, it'll still be there the next day.

2 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Ended up getting my son the game and he’s loving it! He really isn’t sure what he’s doing but he’s enjoying it a lot despite all the reading and text. 

He’d love to visit some other people islands if anyone is open to that. 

Sure, the next time I'm online at a reasonable time I'll let you know and he can visit my island.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I only managed to get one round in the bug off today. Least I got a neat shirt, though.

49 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Were the prizes random? I got in three rounds and got a rug, a backpack, and a toy centipede.

I got in an assload of rounds, hit 300 points so will be getting 3 things from Flick in the mail. I ended up getting doubles/triples of some of the prizes. like the butterfly wallpaper, webs, spider doorplate (that's all I can remember off the top of my head)

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@EternallDarkness do you need water flooring DIY?

not sure. I will check tomorrow. I know I have shot down a dozen balloons in the last couple of days and still have only gotten like 1 damn summer recipe.