Animal Crossing: New Horizons (20 March 2020) OT - Island Getaway

Well I made my second snowboy and the first one was still there. I talked to the other one and he gave me a large snowflake.

They are being scroogey with this even though as when you build a snowman he sends you the recipe directly meaning you can't share them and quite possibly you will never get duplicates.

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well I made my second snowboy and the first one was still there. I talked to the other one and he gave me a large snowflake.

They are being scroogey with this even though as when you build a snowman he sends you the recipe directly meaning you can't share them and quite possibly you will never get duplicates.

did some research and it takes the snowman 3 days to melt away. But what is weird is that yesterday the first snowman I made with my alt villager was mysterious gone when I was in using that account, but showed up as being there in my main account.  And since I built the snowman right in front of Nooks it wasn't as if I could have overlooked him. Must have been a glitch. After the first time you only get DIYs if you build 'perfect' snowmen.  

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Bjomesphat said:

Aw man. I've been away for months and just saw this. I haven't even played AC since the summer. Glad she found a good place! I kicked her ass out as soon as I could though because she was my first villager with a terrible interior.

Her real house is pretty cool. You can see her in the screenshot above on the left btw.

On 12/28/2020 at 6:22 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

For the life of me, I cannot get villager photos. I give my favorites gifts all the time, including wrapped fossils. A couple of them have called me their BFF. No damn photos. 

Also, I hit the 300 balloon milestone almost two weeks ago and I’ve yet to get a golden balloon for the slingshot DIY. 

Don't you just need to take them to Harv's Island to get their photos? It's been a while since I've gone there, but isn't that part of it? 

5 minutes ago, Brick said:

Don't you just need to take them to Harv's Island to get their photos? It's been a while since I've gone there, but isn't that part of it? 

If you are super duper friends with a villager they eventually give you a framed photo of themselves.

Harv's island thing is different.

On 12/28/2020 at 5:22 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

For the life of me, I cannot get villager photos. I give my favorites gifts all the time, including wrapped fossils. A couple of them have called me their BFF. No damn photos. 

Also, I hit the 300 balloon milestone almost two weeks ago and I’ve yet to get a golden balloon for the slingshot DIY. 

Got Peanut to give me a photo yesterday and Lucky gave me his today :)  

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Seems like these festivale prizes are the same things they sell in the store...

Yeah I don't get that with their events. Why have me buy the things I'm going to be earning? There is a super prize if you bring enough Rainbow Feathers though.