Animal Crossing: New Horizons (20 March 2020) OT - Island Getaway

2 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

How much are they?

44,000. I don't understand pricing in this game.

You don't have to pay me back or anything, I'm sitting on 11.25 million in the bank. But, if you have any of the pinball machines I don't have, could you send me one? I have had zero luck acquiring them on my island. I have the black and white models from other people and that's it. I know they're oddly cheap, which certainly doesn't reflect the real world!

44 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

44,000. I don't understand pricing in this game.

You don't have to pay me back or anything, I'm sitting on 11.25 million in the bank. But, if you have any of the pinball machines I don't have, could you send me one? I have had zero luck acquiring them on my island. I have the black and white models from other people and that's it. I know they're oddly cheap, which certainly doesn't reflect the real world!

I have all the pinball machines, so I'll send you the red and blue ones. There's also a brown one I can send your way tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

How accessible is this game for a 6 year old whose just in the beginning stages of gaming?  He’s been playing iPad games for a few years but just no starting to get into console gaming. Loves Golden Axe, Sonic, Sonic Spinball on my Genesis Mini and we just played and beat Streets of Rage 4 together. 

4 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

How accessible is this game for a 6 year old whose just in the beginning stages of gaming?  He’s been playing iPad games for a few years but just no starting to get into console gaming. Loves Golden Axe, Sonic, Sonic Spinball on my Genesis Mini and we just played and beat Streets of Rage 4 together. 

His island will be shit, but I’m sure he’ll have plenty of fun. 

33 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

It's a lot of reading and menu navigation. There's not a HUGE account to do without some real planning on the part of the player. If your kids is into the building aspect of things, probably will have fun. If not, I'm not sure. If he's up for making some virtual friends, then it might be a good shot.

My son has been playing console games since he was 3 and is almost 5 right now. He loves watching me play Animal Crossing, but he'd rather play Kirby's Dreamland, River City Ransom, and Yoshi's Island. He also can't read, so milage there varies, and is probably a huge factor here.

1 hour ago, Mercury33 said:

If Jeff Bakalar's son is anything to go by (his son is 5) he won't really understand the nuances of the game and maybe will think it's just a fishing game and get bored of it. Or Vinny's son kind of did the same thing, sort of on board the first day but dropped off quick.

Maybe start him on the mobile game (since your son plays ipad games) and maybe if he likes that enough get him the switch game.

Today is Tammy's Birthday. Also, I have a high potential this afternoon at a good spike in turnip prices. Projections are minimum 218 with a max 654 (currently they are 179) so if they are super good prices be sure to bring Tammy a gift (well I guess you can't since your pockets will be full. :( )

Oh yeah and if you want Ricky you have to come over and talk to him because it's his last day.