Elden Ring - Information Thread, update (02/21): Shadow of the Erdtree DLC "Collector's Edition Messmer the Impaler Statue" trailer

2 hours ago, atom631 said:

Question on my +9 moonviel katana. Im currently at 60 INT. Im not sure what the cap is, but i stopped leveling at 60. 

the katana scales with dex also, but I only have 20 points in dex right now. If i start adding points to dex will the damage increase? Or does it chose the higher of the 2 attributes? 

I'm using the moonveil katana and I've added put points into dex and my damaga have increased. I put have 40 points in Dex. 

3 hours ago, Dimden said:

@atom631

Primary Scaling: Intelligence

Secondary Scaling: Dexterity

Tertiary Scaling: Strength

Once it's +10, it'll have B scaling in both Intelligence and Dexterity.  My recommended builds at 150 would be something like:

Optimized Version

Starting Class: Prisoner

42 Vigor - You shouldn't be getting hit with this build

30 Mind - Will allow you to abuse the Moonveil Ash of War

20 Endurance - Enough to allow you to wear decent armor with good poise and still mid-roll (e.g. Scale Armor/Fingerprint)

12 Strength - Just enough to let you wield the katana

40 Dexterity - Initial Softcap

70 Intelligence - Preferrable Scaling Softcap (going above this is a waste of points) w/ Lusat's Staff or Carian Regal Staff. I recommend the latter.

06 Faith - Starting Stat

09 Arcane - Starting Stat

Ash of War Spam Version

42 Vigor

30 Mind

20 Endurance

12 Strength

30 Dexterity

80 Intelligence

Bleed Version

42 Vigor

30 Mind

20 Endurance

12 Strength

30 Dexterity

62 Intelligence

27 Arcane

Talisman 1: Alexander's Jar Shard - Improves Ash of War Damage

Talisman 2: Lord of Blood's Exultation - Improves Damage when Bleed is Proc'd

Talisman 3: Magic Scorpion Charm - Improves Magic Damage

Talisman 4: Radagon's Soreseal - +5 levels to all physical stats at the cost of 15% increase damage (negligible at 150)

Great Rune: Godricks Great Rune - +5 to levels to all stats

Im only 107 rn. And the only talisman you mentioned that I have is the radagon sorseal. 

also - i just found Wings of Astel. Ive heard good things about this sword and I think I can take it to +10 right away. 

so….wings or moon? 

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

Im only 107 rn. And the only talisman you mentioned that I have is the radagon sorseal. 

also - i just found Wings of Astel. Ive heard good things about this sword and I think I can take it to +10 right away. 

so….wings or moon? 

Id go Moon because it’s Ash is so stupid good. 

Got to the Fire Giant Last night. Might be a bit underleveled for him despite being level 112 :o Might go back and level up a bit before I fight him again because I pretty much just bee lined through this whole area looking for the boss and foudn him quite by accident. Again, I'm enjoying the game but I'm pretty much ready for this thing to be over. Not even exploring much anymore.

10 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Bleed build beat Margit on first try. These games really do get shorter the more you play them and know where everything is. 

It’s one of the reasons I saw some people online say that everyone should play as the wretch first. Start with nothing and learn the game, because you can only have this experience your first time playing. Doing a “start from nothing” run becomes so much easier because you know where everything is, loot, items, enemies, farming spots, shortcuts, etc. and it’s the only time you’ll be happy to get anything to equip in the early game. 

it made sense to me, but I was too intimidated by the reputation of FromSoft games. I now almost wish I did start out as a wretch first. Just for that early game experience. Ah well, still having fun. 

32 minutes ago, Dimden said:

Do a Lyndell in under an hour run next.

Running around to pick up the crests and then to to the lift doesn’t seem like too big of a deal. Then you can just loop around to the side and enter Lyndell. Seems doable.

Well that all sounds fun but you can probably just grab the crests and run to the lift without a problem and only waste a few more minutes. For my bleed character I'm following Cowboy's 100% run but I think for my PS5 strength run I might just go for best start possible. If my PS5 would stop being a piece of shit with rest mode problems. 

Black Knife Tiche ash needs a nerf! LOL. 

I was having trouble with the glinstone dragon

Spoiler

At the end of Rannis quest

Tried like 5 times and couldnt kill it. so i left and explored. Got the summons. Heard it was good. Went and leveled it to +10 and went back. 

the Fing summons took 1/3 health off the dragon before it was fully spawned. Wound up killing it no problem first try with BKT. 

8 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

It’s one of the reasons I saw some people online say that everyone should play as the wretch first. Start with nothing and learn the game, because you can only have this experience your first time playing. Doing a “start from nothing” run becomes so much easier because you know where everything is, loot, items, enemies, farming spots, shortcuts, etc. and it’s the only time you’ll be happy to get anything to equip in the early game. 

it made sense to me, but I was too intimidated by the reputation of FromSoft games. I now almost wish I did start out as a wretch first. Just for that early game experience. Ah well, still having fun. 

First run Wretch here 🙋

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Pretty sure he was nerfed at some point.

He was nerfed then buffed again but as someone who never fought him originally I didn't think he was too hard either and was probably more hyped up to be hard.

8 hours ago, Dodger said:

Bleed build beat Margit on first try. These games really do get shorter the more you play them and know where everything is. 

Do a perfume build or you are a coward!

32 minutes ago, Dimden said:

Fun Fact: Melania couldn't beat him without resorting to scarlet rot. She didn't want to become a demi-god, but ultimately had to in order to beat Radahn. She ultimately has to do the same in order to beat the player.

Oh cool! ^_^ I haven't gotten to that part but I knew some of that and yeah I've heard the battle w/ her definitely lives up to her reputation in the story so far.

So here I am 130 hours in and going to Limgrave again. I was reading the descriptions of those great runes and realized I'd never been to the Divine Tower of Limgrave - I vaguely remembered going there and seeing the 3 huge dudes and noping out. But I went there this time and restore the rune. Imagine going all this time and never using great runes. I also went to the one in Caelid. I had actually only ever gone down I had never gone up. 🤦‍♀️

6 minutes ago, Dimden said:

Most of the action is happening at Main Academy Gate (duels) and Academy Town (Invasions), btw, use these group passwords. You should consistently see more dueling and coop signs in key areas.

FEXTRA - Fextralife Wiki

SEEKERS - Vaatividya's group password

seekers - Vaatividya's "special ed" group for people who don't pay attention

fcb - Fighting Cowboy (PvP YouTuber)

bros - ChaseTheBro (PvP YouTuber)

bread - Scott Jund Group (PvP YouTuber)

straydmn - Elden Ring Subreddit

btf - Beyond The Fog Subreddit

BERSERK - Manga Group

duckfeed - Bonfireside Chat Group

oxbox - Outside Xbox

Koopy - Two Best Friends Play

RING, Ring or ring - Any of these work

Which of those is for PC gamers?

On 4/21/2022 at 7:04 PM, heydude93 said:

Dang, the Radahn fight was surprisingly easy when you realize all you gotta do is summon NPCs on the battlefield to distract him! It's almost a letdown given how hyped-up his character in the story/lore was. 

Try cheesing him with dragon rot for an added challenge!

power stance question.  up until now i was basically just using shield and bloodfang.  i got the zamor curved greatsword to pair with it.

so bloodfang does bleed dmg and zamor does frost damage so if im doing the power stance move set is both frost and bleed being applied?

3 hours ago, Firewithin said:

power stance question.  up until now i was basically just using shield and bloodfang.  i got the zamor curved greatsword to pair with it.

so bloodfang does bleed dmg and zamor does frost damage so if im doing the power stance move set is both frost and bleed being applied?

Yew they will both do frost and bleed buildup and bleed and frostbite enemies at the same time as long as they don’t resist either status.

• Thanks 1