Elden Ring - Information Thread, update (02/21): Shadow of the Erdtree DLC "Collector's Edition Messmer the Impaler Statue" trailer

8 hours ago, Bacon said:

OK well this is likely never going to happen. You won't get many bonfires next to the literal boss door. You will almost always have a run back where you run past enemies. It really isn't that hard tho. Just run past them. It really isn't that bad. Well, it can be pretty bad in DS2 and DS2: SotFS made it even worse. But In DS3 the run backs aren't much. There are always a few bad ones but most aren't bad. DS1 does have some really long run backs tho especially in the later half. O&S, 4Kings, Neto, Painted World, Bed of Chaos, and Gwyn are brutal and highly annoying. Quelaag is also pretty bad even with short cuts. DS2 run backs wouldn't have been bad at all except for you can get hit out of the Fog Wall animation and there are so many boss doors that are preceded by a hallway of buttfucking enemies. Looking at you Velstadt and Glass Knight

I appreciate the advice, but old me just doesn’t have the patience and skill as young me had. So despite liking a lot about these games, I think that I’m just going to have to go ahead and throw in the towel at this point. 

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

When IS the Network test? I think I signed up for it but didn't get in clearly.

Session 1: November 12, from 3 AM PT / 6 AM ET to 6 AM PT / 9 AM ET.
Session 2: November 12, from 7 AM PT / 10 PM ET to 10 PM PT / November 13, 1 AM ET.
Session 3: November 13 from 11 AM PT / 2 PM ET to 2 PM PT / 5 PM ET.
Session 4: November 14 from 3 AM PT / 6 AM ET to 6 AM PT / 9 AM ET.
Session 5: November 14 from 7 PM PT / 10 AM ET to 10 PM PT / November 15, 1 AM ET.

eldenring_10_4k.jpg
WWW.VG247.COM

After getting hands-on with Elden Ring's beta, we're pretty sure FromSoftware is ready to drop another classic.

elden-ring-01.jpg
WWW.ROCKPAPERSHOTGUN.COM

We got early access to Elden Ring's upcoming closed network test and reckon it's set to deliver a spectacular open world Souls.

EldenRing-Hero5002.jpg
WWW.THESIXTHAXIS.COM

We go hands on with the Elden Ring Closed Network Test and.... we absolutely love it! Our thoughts and impressions from this hugely hyped game.

Elden Ring's beta offers a lot of game - here's all we saw after 20 hours (Eurogamer)

Perhaps the greatest challenge of the Elden Ring closed network test - greater even than Margit the Fell Omen - is taking down the Flying Dragon Agheel, a vast and violent creature that spawns in the northwest area of a lake, should you be foolish enough to take an amble through it. We've defeated Agheel with three different builds, and it's been interesting how each one has called for a slightly different approach to combat. It's an incredible battle every time, partially due to the fact that Agheel is best faced while mounted on Torrent, making for a thrilling showdown as the great dragon wheels and dives overhead, breathing fire as you gallop in and out of range to try and avoid great plumes of fire. It seems like you can only use right handed weapons while on horseback, so take note and make sure to make the necessary preparations ahead of time. The battle is worth riding into just for giving you a taste of the grand scale Elden Ring promises, but you can also use the item you get for defeating Agheel at a specific location in the CNT to be granted a very powerful spell. This spell needs a Faith skill level of 15 to use, so top tip: you can get a head-start on that by choosing either the Champion or the Prophet preset builds.

In case it isn't clear yet, I absolutely loved my time with Elden Ring - there are enough tweaks and touches to make this feel like a fresh take on the Souls formula, not least the absolutely stunning open world you're free to explore. But the game still manages to feel reassuringly familiar to this Soulsborne fan, while adding enough optional features to help new players feel empowered to give Elden Ring a try. This was a very generous helping of what the full game can offer, and despite sinking so many hours into it, I still came away hungry for more. There might not be a better sign of its quality than that.

ss_ae44317e3bd07b7690b4d62cc5d0d1df30367
WWW.POLYGON.COM

FromSoftware builds on a decade of Souls game experience

eldenring-blogroll-1636494136701.jpg?wid
WWW.IGN.COM

We got an extensive hands-on preview with Elden Ring including new weapons, boss fights, catacomb dungeons, and legacy dungeons for what's shaping up to be FromSoftware's biggest RPG ever.

ELDEN-RING-PREVIEW-REDD.jpg
PRESS-START.COM.AU

We Played Elden Ring And Here's What We Learned