Dying Light 2: Stay Human - Information Thread, update: "Authority Pack Free DLCs" trailer

27 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’m interested in this one now! As much as I love playing it on switch, I obviously will not be playing the cloud version of this, but 4k/60/hdr/rt is probably a fair enough trade off.

Lord Gaben in his wisdom has solved that problem. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dying Light 2: Stay Human (04 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: "4K RTX ON" presentation video
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dying Light 2: Stay Human (04 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: "The Reason" gameplay trailer
21 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

MORE NUMBERS!

Kinda great to see the number that high. Usually I wouldn’t give it a 2nd thought but after all the dialogue I heard from everyone in Guardians of the Galaxy game. This is, I think, great info to have out there. Never played the first game but will give this one a go I think

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dying Light 2: Stay Human (04 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: PlayStation 5/Xbox Series X "Dedicated Modes" videos

Been replaying the first game and while it starts slow (you're VERY underpowered until mid-game) once it picks up it's a blast to play. I said it when Dead Island came out, these guys have really nailed first person melee combat. If only Bethesda could take a page from them. The Elder Scrolls games would be all time greats if they had this combat system and feel.

• Shocked 1

47 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Been replaying the first game and while it starts slow (you're VERY underpowered until mid-game) once it picks up it's a blast to play. I said it when Dead Island came out, these guys have really nailed first person melee combat. If only Bethesda could take a page from them. The Elder Scrolls games would be all time greats if they had this combat system and feel.

Damn, that's high praise. Interesting...

7 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Those games are based on dice rolls not actual melee combat which is probably why you think it feels better.

Skyrim's combat isn't based on dice rolls. It's just crappy melee combat. I don't think Oblivion is either. I think Morrowwind was the last Elder Scrolls game that was based on behind the scenes dice rolls. 

EDIT: yeah Oblivion and Skyrim are skill based and not dice roll based.

ITTEACHERITFREELANCE.HK

Though Skyrim's combat is often derided as simple and watered down, there are some fine details and bits of trivia most players never learn about.

Combat is a core part of The Elder Scrolls franchise. Every mainline game has made changes to the combat formula to some degree. Oblivion made combat based on skill rather than dice rolls, and Skyrim focused on improving the feedback of combat while introducing the Dual-Wield mechanic and Shouts.

14 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Skyrim's combat isn't based on dice rolls. It's just crappy melee combat. I don't think Oblivion is either. I think Morrowwind was the last Elder Scrolls game that was based on behind the scenes dice rolls. 

Oblivion and Skyrim combat will always hit but they still use some sort of formula to dictate the damage.

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Oblivion and Skyrim combat will always hit but they still use some sort of formula to dictate the damage.

Yes... armor rating, defensive buffs, weapon stats and other typical RPG action stuff. It's not based on dice rolls. They are skill based action games just light Dying Light which is also an action RPG.The combat melee combat just sucks because the animations aren't very good and there's no weight behind the attacks.  BTW... the whole Elder Scrolls community knows the combat sucks outside of spellcasting and archery. There are tons of Mods that improve the combat of the vanilla game. I'm not saying anything remotely controversial here.

22 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yes... armor rating, defensive buffs, weapon stats and other typical RPG action stuff. It's not based on dice rolls. They are skill based action games just light Dying Light which is also an action RPG.The combat melee combat just sucks because the animations aren't very good and there's no weight behind the attacks.  BTW... the whole Elder Scrolls community knows the combat sucks outside of spellcasting and archery. There are tons of Mods that improve the combat of the vanilla game. I'm not saying anything remotely controversial here.

Ok. Well I Replied before your edit and know all of that. Hope you enjoy Dying Light 2.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I never even heard of this franchise but after watching vids I think I'm going to buy it. I wonder if I need to play part 1 to understand 2?

Not really. The first game is really cheap... surprised you never heard if it. They've supported it pretty well since it came out. The first game was still getting updates as recent as this year.

• Thanks 1

On 1/10/2022 at 7:32 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm thinking I might buy this.

On day one? If Horizon Forbidden West wasn’t coming out shortly after it then I would probably buy it on day one since I really liked the first game.

On 1/22/2022 at 6:05 PM, best3444 said:

I never even heard of this franchise but after watching vids I think I'm going to buy it. I wonder if I need to play part 1 to understand 2?

I can’t believe that you never heard of Dying Light before, it was pretty popular back when it came out. You don’t need to play the first game to understand the sequel because the sequel takes place 20 years after the original with an entirely new story and cast of characters, but I would still recommend playing the first game since it’s really good.

1 hour ago, Phaseknox said:

I can’t believe that you never heard of Dying Light before, it was pretty popular back when it came out. You don’t need to play the first game to understand the sequel because the sequel takes place 20 years after the original with an entirely new story and cast of characters, but I would still recommend playing the first game since it’s really good.

I can't play older games. I'm a graphics whore and can't play any dated games. I'm strange I know. I'll wait for user impressions and reviews before I pull the trigger on part 2. 

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

I can't play older games. I'm a graphics whore and can't play any dated games. I'm strange I know.

Dying Light isn’t THAT dated, I’m sure that it would look and run good on your Xbox Series X.

Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition (which is the base game and its DLC) is currently on sale at the Microsoft store for $12 which is a great deal.

• Thanks 1

Dying Light is supposed to get a current gen patch so I’d say now is a fine time to start with DL2 and since the stories don’t even seem to be related, then if you love it go back and play the first one after the patch is released.

It makes me laugh that I really don’t think it matters playing DL1 first story wise since, Dl1 as a whole spoiler

fucking everyone dies in it lol, it’s crazy, everyone you meet just drops off like flies, but I guess that’s probably about right!

Im starting to get more and more excited about this, I think maybe more hyped for it than Horizon, or at least, I’m more curious and interested in this one. I hope it doesn’t turn out to be broken on launch is all.

• Thanks 1