Dying Light 2: Stay Human - Information Thread, update: "Authority Pack Free DLCs" trailer

I played the first one and the sequel pretty much back to back with like only a month between them, which was interesting with almost a generation between the two, and personally I preferred this sequel. I really like both though. But the vertical design and gliding felt more interesting to me overall. I definitely think of the sequel a lot more often. 

• Halal 1

I like the first game more myself, the world is more realistic in both look and layout and you spend more time on the ground than on rooftops which I prefer. I like the story and characters more as well. The city in Dying Light 2 feels kind of artificial like it was designed to be a video game playground, and you spend the majority of the time on rooftops which I don’t find very appealing.

I think that I’m going to stop playing, because I’m finding it to be a little more demanding than I would like in terms of challenge. It’s also kind of bleak and depressing, and I feel kind of stressed while playing it because I pretty much have to be on my toes at all times.

I also prefer third person games to first person ones, and playing as female characters. This game would have been a lot better with a female protagonist IMO. The character that you play as in this game is basically the same as the one that you play as in the first game, even his voice is pretty much the same. He’s not bad, but a little generic.

It’s definitely a good game with a lot of quality aspects to it especially the combat and parkour, but the pure fun factor of playing it just isn’t really there for me. I think that there will be a time when I’m in the mood to play it, but that time isn’t now.

• Halal 1

18 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

This game would have been a lot better with a female protagonist IMO.

Don't you think that about every game? :p On a serious note, I kind of feel the same way about the game. I took a break from it too and prefer the first game as well. I'll get back to it eventually but it was kinda a dissappointment though.

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Don't you think that about every game? :p On a serious note, I kind of feel the same way about the game. I took a break from it too and prefer the first game as well. I'll get back to it eventually but it was kinda a dissappointment though.

Is the first one dated by now? I love the concept of part 2 but the story and characters are laughable. Is the first one even accessible anywhere?

14 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Don't you think that about every game? :p

Pretty much. :lol: About the only games in the past several years that I’ve been fine with playing as male protagonists in have been Days Gone, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War and Uncharted 4. While female leads are still kind of rare in games, thankfully more games have been giving the option to play as either male or female characters. I actually wouldn’t have played a lot of the games that I have over the years if I had to play as male characters in them. That’s how big of a deal that it is to me, because if I don’t really like the character that I’m playing as in a game then I don’t have an interest in playing it no matter how good that it might be otherwise.

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Is the first one dated by now?

No, it’s still a good looking and playing game IMO. In fact, on PS4 it looks better than the second game does.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Did you play part 1? If so, better than 2?

22 hours ago, stepee said:

I played the first one and the sequel pretty much back to back with like only a month between them, which was interesting with almost a generation between the two, and personally I preferred this sequel. I really like both though. But the vertical design and gliding felt more interesting to me overall. I definitely think of the sequel a lot more often. 

• Thanks 2