Dying Light 2: Stay Human - Information Thread, update: "Authority Pack Free DLCs" trailer

46 minutes ago, stepee said:

Im starting to get more and more excited about this, I think maybe more hyped for it than Horizon, or at least, I’m more curious and interested in this one.

I think that from a pure gameplay standpoint that Dying Light 2 might be more fun than Horizon Forbidden West, but the story, characters and world probably won’t be nearly as compelling. Also, I personally would be a little more excited for Dying Light 2 if you played as a female character instead of as a generic dude again like in the first game. An athletic light on her feet female protagonist similar to Faith from Mirror’s Edge would be a little more fitting for the role IMO since so much of the game is based around parkour and traversal. And I have a preference for female protagonists in games in general. :shrug:

• True 1

18 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I think that from a pure gameplay standpoint that Dying Light 2 might be more fun than Horizon Forbidden West, but the story, characters and world probably won’t be nearly as compelling. Also, I personally would be a little more excited for Dying Light 2 if you played as a female character instead of as a generic dude again like in the first game. An athletic light on her feet female protagonist similar to Faith from Mirror’s Edge would be a little more fitting for the role IMO since so much of the game is based around parkour and traversal. And I have a preference for female protagonists in games in general. :shrug:

I prefer women protagonists too but honestly since I’m usually a woman character when I can create a character it mostly evens out for me. 

But yeah it’s the gameplay of Dying Light 2 that has me more interested in it, I haven’t even looked to see what the story is about yet, I’m expecting it to be average. If it’s anything more than that Ill call it a pleasant surprise! The movement in the first one was so good and I’m curious how fun any new tricks it has are.

I could end up liking Horizon more in the end but if I could try one out right now I’d probably go with this.

2 hours ago, stepee said:

Dying Light is supposed to get a current gen patch so I’d say now is a fine time to start with DL2 and since the stories don’t even seem to be related, then if you love it go back and play the first one after the patch is released.

Awesome. Thanks for that information. I'll absolutely play part 2 if it turns out solid. Then if I enjoy part 2 I'll play the patched original. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

Dying Light isn’t THAT dated, I’m sure that it would look and run good on your Xbox Series X.

Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition (which is the base game and its DLC) is currently on sale at the Microsoft store for $12 which is a great deal.

I wonder if the patched version will still be $12?

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dying Light 2: Stay Human (04 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: "Old Gen Console Gameplay" video
On 1/26/2022 at 9:34 AM, Phaseknox said:

I’m sure that it would look and run good on your Xbox Series X

I'm replaying it now and it does look and run great on the Series X.

On 1/26/2022 at 9:56 AM, Dimden said:

The original Dying Light aged incredibly well (on PC) and Techland still supports it to this day with new content and events.

They have an in game event going THIS WEEK in the first game. That's how dedicated they've been to this franchise and the fanbase.

13 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm replaying it now and it does look and run great on the Series X.

They have an in game event going THIS WEEK in the first game. That's how dedicated they've been to this franchise and the fanbase.

So are you day1 on this?

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Oh for sure... it's why I'm replaying the first game now. To get ready for this one. The first one had a steep difficulty curve in the early game. Hopefully this one is a little more accessible. I'm liking the changes I'm seeing so far though.

Nice, yeah the only reason I haven’t just preordered it is in case there is some disaster with the pc version, but this really doesn’t look like a case of that. Showing off the last gen gameplay I think shows a good level of confidence here. Pretttty sure this won’t be a Cyberpunk but it is quite ambitious and reviews are on Tuesday so i’ll preload after those! 

Im curious how night will be, one thing I read is they made night time more accessible to encourage players to actually go out at night now. Makes sense but I hope it still has the pure terror of night the first did. Just the howls even when in a safe zone would get me.

45 minutes ago, stepee said:

Nice, yeah the only reason I haven’t just preordered it is in case there is some disaster with the pc version, but this really doesn’t look like a case of that. Showing off the last gen gameplay I think shows a good level of confidence here. Pretttty sure this won’t be a Cyberpunk but it is quite ambitious and reviews are on Tuesday so i’ll preload after those! 

Im curious how night will be, one thing I read is they made night time more accessible to encourage players to actually go out at night now. Makes sense but I hope it still has the pure terror of night the first did. Just the howls even when in a safe zone would get me.

There are few companies I actually have faith in but these guys are definitely one of them. They are so transparent and support their games and fans so much that its a no brainer for me to get this game day one. 

I know on my first playthrough I didn't go out at night unless the story required it. On this playthrough I'm going out at night a little more in order to rank up, but it's not necessary at all. In Part 2 it seems like there will be some incentive to go out at night so that's cool. I'm really looking forward to this game. Elden Ring and Horizon are taking up all of the oxygen but Dying Light 2 and Sifu are my sleeper february games.

At least there's not much coming out after this February that's day one essential for me. That's good.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

There are few companies I actually have faith in but these guys are definitely one of them. They are so transparent and support their games and fans so much that its a no brainer for me to get this game day one. 

I know on my first playthrough I didn't go out at night unless the story required it. On this playthrough I'm going out at night a little more in order to rank up, but it's not necessary at all. In Part 2 it seems like there will be some incentive to go out at night so that's cool. I'm really looking forward to this game. Elden Ring and Horizon are taking up all of the oxygen but Dying Light 2 and Sifu are my sleeper february games.

At least there's not much coming out after this February that's day one essential for me. That's good.

Oh yeah, I’m in for Sifu most likely as well!

17 hours ago, stepee said:

So are you day1 on this?

It’s looking likely. I was going to get Horizon Forbidden West on day one instead, but I remembered that I didn’t really like the gadget/trap focused gameplay of the first so I think that I will enjoy Dying Light 2’s gameplay and combat more. We’ll see.

• Shocked 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dying Light 2: Stay Human (04 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: retail build gameplay for PC (2 hours) and PS5 (41 minutes)
18 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

This is the video that really sold me on the game:

The city looks alive with a lot to see and do in it, and the combat and parkour looks like a blast.

That was cool. I didn't watch the entire thing but skipped around. It definitely looks interesting and maybe more in depth that I'm thinking it will be. I'm still waiting for user impressions and reviews.

58 minutes ago, best3444 said:

That was cool. I didn't watch the entire thing but skipped around. It definitely looks interesting and maybe more in depth that I'm thinking it will be. I'm still waiting for user impressions and reviews.

You can do more in these games gameplay wise than most first person games. The first game had a tough learning curve, but they really excel at first person gameplay especially Melee combat. One of the best in the business.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You can do more in these games gameplay wise than most first person games. The first game had a tough learning curve, but they really excel at first person gameplay especially Melee combat. One of the best in the business.

Well then. Looks promising and I look forward to it whenever I get to play it. I'm not dropping Valhalla for it. Thanks for the post and info.

1 hour ago, Phaseknox said:

I got up this morning expecting reviews, but they’re not up until tomorrow morning. :(

My bad! I think what I read was the 2nd as well, but I confused myself because I was thinking Thursday of the day of release because it’s usually midnight 9pm. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dying Light 2: Stay Human (04 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: Techland kindly asks that you not play the game early, pretty please